Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 10

Me and Mechifu went back to bed without a word last night. We woke up again, a little before Zana and Lalita. We left a note on the fridge that we were heading out for a little bit.
We made our way toward the Hokage’s building again. We didn’t say anything on the way. I was thinking about this mission we could have if Tsunade let us go. Then I thought, well, we have to know if she’ll let us go or not first. So I started humming, Kryptonite by Three Doors Down, to myself. After a few moments Mechifu started too.
“If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman…” I said out loud.
“If I’m alive and well, will you be there holding my hand…” Mechifu said after me.
“I’ll keep you by my side with my superhuman might…” I said.
Then together we said, “Kryptonite!”
Then we started laughing. Not that anything was funny, it was just to ease some of the tension we had. Then all of the sudden Mechifu jumps onto my back. I roll my eyes as I catch her and start to carry her to our destination.
We talked a little after that. Then she says, “We should really lay low on the English talking. People are going to get suspicious…”
I laugh, “Well, we can just say it’s a form of language we came up with when we were little. Not that the Hokage can say anything, because it’s our Native language.” I sighed, “Sure makes you miss home when we speak it.”
I felt her nod, “You got that right, but let’s try to avoid it for now at least.”
I smirk, in Japanese, I said, “Yes, Sergeant. Let’s do that.”
She laughs, “Okay, okay. I’m just saying, smart ass.” She sticks her touch out at me.
I smile, “Let’s hurry, Lalita and Zana are going to wake up soon.”
She gave me a weird look, “Okay then…”
We ran the rest of the way. It didn’t take long to finally reach the entrance of the Hokage’s building. We didn’t wait for someone to come to us, we went in on our own.
We went up a few flight of stairs when we finally found her room. I knocked a little on the door. I heard a ‘Thump.’ I looked at Mechifu, she just shrugs.
“C-come in…” I heard a groggy voice say.
I opened the door and step in. Mechifu went past me so I could shut the door, “Oh, I see you’ve come to see me.” She looks at me and Mechifu, “Where are the other two?”
“They’re asleep,” Mechifu says.
Tsunade raises an eye at her, “I see, what can I do for you girls then?”
I come stand beside Mechifu and say, “Well, Mechifu and I discussed about something, and I think she should explain what we talked about so you can understand what we really want…”
Tsunade nods her head, “I see, please explain then…”
Mechifu explained. It wasn’t that bad of an explanation. We needed Sasuke to help stop Madara and end this war that’s getting ready to begin. Tsunade didn’t flinch at all to this. I wasn’t surprised, after that time with Naruto going out to get him, she sort of doubted that Sasuke would ever come back. When Mechifu was done, we held our breaths in to see her response.
“I do believe what your saying is quite reasonable.” She says, then looks up at us, “But tell me, what is it exactly you need to do to get Sasuke to help us?”
I sighed, “Lady Tsunade, I know your feeling a lot of doubt. Especially since the last mission you’ve sent Naruto on to retrieve him. It was a fail. We know this, but we believe that Sasuke would be a big help to us if we got him to help us.”
She glared at me, slamming her fist into the desk, “You expect me to invite him back into this village!? He betrayed his friends and village to leave! How in the world do you expect me to trust him to come back, even if does come back. What if he doesn’t agree to come back? What then?”
I sighed, “Lady Tsunade, there is a reason he is the way he is right now. It’s such a long story. Right now he’s being played by Madara…”
She jumps up out of her chair, “What?! Do you expect me to believe that? For all I know, Sasuke joined up with Madara to help destroy this village! So tell me, how the hell do you expect me to even know what Madara is doing? There’s a war coming, many innocents are going to die! We must stop Madara!”
I clench my jaw, clinching my fist, “We know exactly how to stop him! As we all know, Madara hold the Sharingan! Something we know very little of! Even we don’t know much of it. We have to get Sasuke to help us! If he even agrees he doesn’t even have to come back to the village. We can go to hiding or something. As far as if he is going to agree… I believe he will agree. Face it, Lady Tsunade, we need him.”
We stood for a few moments just glaring at each other. I was trying to urge her to understand. She sighs and sits back in her chair, “Fine, I do agree we kind of need him…”
A grin starts to spread, “Good, you seem to be getting what we’re talking about.”
“But,” She says, “You said that he might agree, so tell me, what are you going to do that might make him agree?”
I didn’t loose my grin, I just looked over at Mechifu. She was smiling, I said, “Mechifu? Tell her.”
She glances at me and looks at Lady Tsunade, “Well, it’s quite simple really. We tell him the truth.”
“The truth?” Tsunade asked, taken aback a little.
Mechifu nodded, “It’s really hard to explain. Madara told him parts of the truth about his brother, Itachi. Some things he lied about, which those lies caused him to hate the village.” A smile touched her lips, “It won’t be that hard. We tell him the truth. He decides whether or not to believe, then we take it from there.”
Tsunade nods, “So your wanting a mission to go out to him?”
We both nod. “What about the other two girls?” She asked.
I swallowed, “We want to keep them out of this. Plus, with them here, we can stay in touch and give each other updates and such…”
Mechifu shoots me a look, clearly amazed that I came up with some good excuse to keep them here. “I see, then I’ll set up some planning to get you sent out… I need to get you’re a four man squad… no take that back, maybe five, you two are a little new, so you might need extra help…” She raises an eye at us.
Me and Mechifu exchanged looks, then nodded at her, “There is one person I’d like to recommend to the group…” I said, looking straight at her.
She raises her eyebrow, “Who would that be?”
I smile, “Naruto.”
She looked shocked a little, then nodded, “I’ll see what I can do…”
“Yes, ma’am. We’ll be taking our leave now so you can plan. Thanks for your time.”
At that me and Mechifu hurried out the door and outside the building. “So,” Mechifu said, “Why do we need Naruto?”
I looked at her and smiled, “Because, we do. Plus with him, we might have a slightly greater chance of getting Sasuke back…”
She nodded, “You know, that excuse to keep Zana and Lalita back was pretty damn good.”
I shrugged, “Well, it’s the truth. I got spirit, so I might be able do some spirit dreaming… not to mention Lalita’s got Telepathy…”
She nodded, “I sure hope all of this works out…”
I put my arms behind my head, looking up at the morning sky, “Me too, Mechifu, me too…”
“Now!” She says, suddenly perking up, “Let’s get some RAMEN!!!”
I roll my eyes, “’Kay.”
We walked south until we got to Ichiraku Ramen. We stepped inside and sat at one of the benches. “Welcome to the Ichiraku Ramen Shop, what would your order be?” The old man owner asked, I can’t really remember his name…
“Beef and veggie please!” Mechifu said without looking at the menu.
“Just veggie for me.” I said, smiling at the old man.
We soon got our food and Mechifu apparently had to be starving because she ate about 7 bowls of ramen. The old man goes, “I haven’t seen anyone eat like this except Naruto.”
I smiled at the mentioning of Naruto, “Oh really? Mechifu can be a real hog here if she hasn’t gotten enough to eat after an hour or so.”
She hits my arm, “I heard that!”
I grinned at her, “It was meant to be heard.”
She sticks her tongue out at me with noodles hanging from her mouth. The old man starts laughing again and I set back into my ramen, did I ever mention it was still my first?
I chewed my food. I guess it’s nice to relax a little before the big mission.
Oh shit. The mission. I frown. This is going to be one hell of a job.
♠ ♠ ♠
Naruto! Actually, in this story, he's not mentioned much (sorry Naruto fans x.x). So, anyways, just thought i'd warn ya :D The next chapter shall arrive...