Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 11 (Part 1)

It’s been almost four days since Mechifu and I mention the “Rescue Sasuke” mission. Each passing day I kept getting more and more agitated. I passed most of my time just training. There wasn’t much for me to train for. I didn’t know much about Spirit to even train with. I groan mentally, I need a freaking teacher…
But for some reason, I don’t need one either. I’m not sure why, but every time I’m taking a walk in the village, I see… ghost? Lost spirits? Whatever you want to call them. The first one I saw was four days ago after that little trip to the ramen shop. I took a walk that night by myself around some parts of the village.
I thought I was seeing things at first, because at first I just about to walk past a simple, empty bench. It was the moment I walked beside it that I saw a flash of a white glow with my right eye. Your probably thinking, how’s that possible if my right eye is blind? Well I’m not completely sure. I do know when I looked at it again with my good eye, there was nothing.
But, I kept seeing a faint glow with my blind eye. I didn’t see completely because of my bang covering it. I pushed my bang out of my eye and tucked it behind my ear. I saw it then, the spirit. It was a young woman, with her looks she looked maybe a few older than I. I was shocked to see her. I couldn’t get out of my head that I was seeing just a ghost with my blind eye and a bench with my good eye.
Put two and two together, apparently my vision put together the bench and the ghost to where my mind saw the girl sitting on the bench. Scared me half to death. Haha, death… get it?
Cracking jokes like this seems quite… weird. Sigh. What will I do with myself?
Anyways, back to the story here. My mind put the two images together where I saw a ghost sitting on the bench. “Um, hello…” I said, feeling awkward.
The woman looked at me with a shocked expression. She didn’t say anything for a moment. Who would blame her? It’s not everyday you find someone talking to you in the middle of the night, especially a ghost. “Y-you… can see me?” I heard the ghost say.
I swallow, I was scared out of my wits. I walked over to the bench and sat down. “Yeah, I can see you…” I said, looking straight at her.
She opens her mouth, then closes her mouth, “Wow, I’m not sure what to say…”
I grinned, “Not everyday some stranger comes up to you for a chat?” I asked, trying to ease some of the tension.
She smiles, sadly, “You can only imagine. I get bored out of my mind, not to mention lonely….”
I frown, “Oh… sorry about that…”
She shrugs, “I’m dead, it doesn’t really matter. By the way, how can you see me?”
“Well, my right eye is blind. It’s actually that eye that can actually see you, nothing else. Your just a white glow while my other good eye has the bench and everything. Apparently my brain puts both images together so I can see you sitting on a bench. It’s confusing me. You’re the first I’ve ever seen.”
She chuckles, “Lucky me. Well, I’m not sure, I guess I’m glad you can see me. I’ve been here for quite awhile and I’m starting to get bored,” She sighs, “I wish I could leave…”
“Why are you still here then?” I asked, curious.
She shrugs, “I was in the middle of a battle, then I got hit in the head with something sharp. I blacked out, woke up, and ended back here in the village. At first I was confused, I thought I was still alive. But, I kept running up to people trying to get their attention. They never noticed me. That’s when I started having my suspicions about myself.
“Then I started roaming around during the night. During the day I would feel sleepy, so I slept. At night I felt so much more… relax? I’m not sure, but I felt so much better in the dark night than the blinding day.” She frowns a little, “Then, one day I ended up by one of the training grounds. I saw the Memorial Stone. I took a quick peek at the stone…”
She swallowed, then I whispered, “You saw your name…?”
She nodded, “That’s when I realized, I was dead. Dead! For days I’ve been wondering around the village, ignored, always sleeping during the day, roaming in the night. I didn’t even have to eat or go to pee or anything…”
I swallowed. Is that what it’s like to be dead? I shudder at the thought, I swallowed. “It must have been hard for you.”
She nodded, “It was. For a while I wonder I was still here, on Earth, you know? I didn’t know why. Then after it seemed like years that went by, I realized what it was…”
I stared at her, “Was it something you left here unfinished?”
She nodded again, “Yeah, I realized that before I headed out to that battle, I was going to give my autobiography book to my fiancé… He was always curious about my past. Where I was from and who my parents were and all. I never grew up around here, I was originally from the Mist Village,” She added when I gave her a confused look.
I nodded, “So your still here because of that book?”
She nodded, then looks at me with wide eyes, “You think… do you think maybe you could help me?”
I opened my mouth, then when I couldn’t come up with anything to say, I closed it.
“It’s nothing to demanding. I was just wondering if you could give my book to my husband for me. Then maybe I can move on. Maybe my fiancé can too.”
I felt so sorry for the lady, “So tell me… how long have you been stuck here…?”
She looks at me, “I’m not completely sure, but since I counted the Sakura festivals, this year should be my fortieth year, more or less a few years.”
My eyes widen, that long? Holy…
I didn’t say anything for the moment. Wow forty years… that’s a long time. Now my heart went out to the woman. I close my eyes, then swallowed. This was scaring the shit out of me…
“I’ll do it.” I said, “But, where is the book exactly?”
She stood up from the bench, “Follow me, I kept it well hidden from others.”
I stood up, then followed her out into the dark night. We walked in silence for a while. All I did was follow her in the dark for a while, cutting through the many shops and buildings until we walked up to a small area of trees.
She started walking, well floated really, she didn’t really walk, she just drifted… anyways, we got into the woods and I had to watch my footing not to trip over roots and sticks. Then she stopped. I stopped too, “It’s behind that tree,” She pointed to a tree to her right, “I can’t touch it, you have to get it.”
I nodded and stepped around her, I didn’t really want to experience walking through her. That would have been awkward for me, considering that I talking to her like she was any other normal person. I saw an old leather back book, a diary of some sort.
It said “Book of Takinushi.” I picked it up carefully. It looked old with age, I wonder why nobody hasn’t noticed it for forty years. Beats me. I walk back to her, “Is this it?”
She nodded, her face was hard, though I can tell by the look of her eyes they were hopeful. I’m sure glad I could help this girl.
We started walking again. “Where are we going?” I asked Takinushi.
“To Haru, I want you to give him the book for me, I’ll show you where he lives.” She says, while hastily walking through the woods. I had to pace myself to keep up, good thing I was good at track at home.
We started walking through the village in silence without saying much. Then she stopped in front of this small house. It had a small porch with a swing, it looked like it was a tan paint, thought the paint was peeling off. “This is his house,” She says.
“Oh…” Was all I said, because I didn’t really know what to say.
She turns to me, “You don’t have to wake him up now. You can do it tomorrow if you don’t mind. I’ll have to say, you’ve been very helpful to me. All these years of being lonely, I feel I can finally move of after this…”
I smile at her, “Don’t worry about it.”
She smiles back. I sigh. She frowns, “What’s wrong?”
“I was just wondering how many other… spirits are out there. Helpless, lonely….” I didn’t really want to say ‘like you’ to her, it sounds rude.
“Like me?” she asked.
I nodded, “Sorry if I sound rude.”
She laughs, “Don’t worry about it.” Her face got serious, “There are other lost souls out there like me. Those who have just died, or been there for a long time…”
A long time? I didn’t really want to think for how long.
I looked at her, she gives me a comforting smile, “Don’t worry, your strong. You can handle it, I know you can. Your soul is strong as is your heart and mind. You’re a good girl. I feel that your going to be changing things around here…”
I raised an eye at her, she shrugs, “I may be a lost soul, but that doesn’t stop me from knowing what’s going on at the moment. There’s going to be a war. Soon. And I feel that the girl standing in front of me at the moment is going to change that war into something different. While the Shinobi try to protect their people, and the enemy will try to take control of the world, your going to stop the enemy.”
She smiles. I knew I had to stop the enemy, Madara, but how does she know? “How do you know?” I asked.
She smiles, “We other lost souls try to stay in contact. Updating upon the world,” She sighs.
Apparently gossip can travel around spirits too. “Wow, I never expected that…”
She smiles, “I’m not sure, but with your unique power. Our gossip could help you some.”
I nodded, “Maybe so…”
She smiles, “It seems I’m starting to get a little tired. I’ve been out most of the night moving and talking. Something rare for me. Dawn will be coming soon, you should probably head home and get some sleep while you can, I think I’ll do the same…”
I nodded, “By the way, where do you even sleep?”
She smiles, “By, on, or close to the river. Water is very calming for us souls.”
I nodded, I made a note of that in my mind. “Well, I’ll leave you be for now. I’ll make sure your book gets to Haru in the morning.”
She smiles, “Thank you.”
At that she disappeared. I stared out into the darkness for a few moments. I released the hair that was behind my ear and let it over my blind eye.
I was done looking at spirits for the night.
As I headed back toward the apartment, my eyes kept darting all over the place. I feel as if I’m being watch somehow. Though its nighttime and no one could even be out at this hour. And my vision started to get darker, I kept telling myself I was getting tired.
But something else inside of me kept telling me otherwise.
What was it? I wasn’t sure. It was scaring the hell out of me though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, chapter 11 has two parts :o each part is made up of two and a half pages almost on word processor. It's kind of more of an extra mixed in with the story. Trin meets her first spirit, so I didnt want to hold back. Enjoy! Next chapter is coming quick!