Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 19

The corpse froze at my comment. My smirk widened. “What’s wrong, Kabuto? Scared to fight?”
I felt my blood start to boil. I was getting excited for some weird reason. My vision was sharpening, seeing better than what I usually did. My blind eye was sharpening it’s own sight in it’s own way. The soul was becoming brighter, more focused. I saw now why the soul and body wasn’t combining into one.
For one thing, Kabuto hasn’t even ‘mastered’ the World Resurrection Summoning Jutsu close to what he claimed. He just randomly takes a soul and places it within a corpse, just to control it. I study the soul inside the corpse, knowing Kabuto is somewhere in the world controlling the thing.
I saw the same string from before form again, only it was going from the soul to the left, it went on forever to where I couldn’t even see it. I looked at the corpse, then chuckled darkly, “Dear Kabuto, your not as smart as you believe to be. Your hiding spot is very easy to find.” I smiled a not-so-nice smile at the corpse.
The corpse jerked. I started walking toward it, “You want to play some? I’ve got plenty of time, and also, I haven’t quite gotten all of that darkness out of me yet…”
I felt the darkness tugging me in. This time I was prepared, I sucked myself into the darkness. When I got sucked in, I felt stronger all of the sudden. “Kabuto~” I said in a sing song voice, “I’m getting impatient here~”
I felt the corpse hesitate for a second, then it came to strike me. Well, it tried anyways. I effortlessly moved out of the way in time, giving it a little kick to the gut. It stumbled back in surprise then it came at me again. I moved out of the way again.
We did that for a little bit. He’d strike, I’d dodge. I was okay with it for a while, then I started to get bored. It striked me again, and kicked it in the knee, knocking it down to both of his knees. Then I raised my other leg to kick it in the head. It fell to it’s side. I stopped, knowing it would try to block if I make another move.
I cleared my throat, getting a little irritated, “Is that all you’ve got? Jeez, your worse than my grandmother…”
That ticked Kabuto off a little because the corpse did a few hand signs and two new shadow clones came up behind him, “Oh!” I cooed, “How cute, triplets!”
They all came at me at once, I already knew which one was real and which ones where the shadow clones. I easily kick both shadow clones in the head and they went poof.
I quickly moved back from the corpse, “I swear, either your very bad at using puppets, or you just are stupid as you look, Kabuto.” I taunted.
Then I heard the corpse speak, “Your quite interesting, you little girl.”
I smiled a little, “Why thank you, I’ll take that as a compliment. As for you, your not interesting, just annoying and boring.”
I heard the corpse smirk, “That’s quite the mouth you have there.”
I shrugged, “I’m not in a very good mood, sorry if I say anything that offenses your petty pride.”
We started walking in circles, “Well, you are a strange one yourself. Your eyes went suddenly went from bright green to black.”
I smiled, “All part of my ‘bad mood’. I thought I’d take some out on you. Your not entertaining me very well, so I thought I’d just end you off in a little bit, after a few questions.”
“Questions? Like what?” The corpse asked, in an amused voice.
I smile, “Well, for starters, how the hell are you able to control the soul of the body to another’s body without the two subjects combining?”
He looked taken abacked by the question, “I don’t know what you mean. I simply combine the subjects by a Jutsu…”
I smiled, I already knew what he was talking about, “Your doing a horrible job at it.”
The corpse cocked it’s head, “Your sure one cocky girl. Let me ask you something, how do you know about my Jutsu when we’ve only just met?”
My face went grim, “I know many things, Kabuto. There’s just so much to tell. Right now I don’t really feel like telling though, maybe later. Right now I want to test a theory about your little soul subjects.”
He looked at me confusingly, “I don’t understand… wait. Can you actually see the soul?”
“Bravo! Kabuto! I highly congratulate on what little intelligence you have to actually ask that! Well, for the answer. Yes, I can. I can see the soul in every body and corpse and… just about anywhere.” I smiled at him.
I saw the corpse nodded a little, “I see now. I also caught that you have a little theory…?”
I nodded. Then froze in my tracks. I raised my arms in the air a little, “Why don’t you cooperate and let me try it?”
The corpse smirked, “If you can hold me down…”
“Already done!” I said. I clapped my hands together.
Come, I thought. I looked around and saw small little white orbs. For some reason I knew what they were. They were actually still just spirits, only they didn’t take a shape of a body. I guess I’m still getting the information through me that Alstarte gave me from before.
Which also gives me another suspicions. I’m controlling the darkness inside me just fine. I wonder if that has to do with the information that Alstare gave me. No time to worry about that now.
I looked at the orbs that were probably stuck on this world for a long time, ready to move on to the Other Dimension. I felt as though I was in control of the spirits for the moment. It felt good, but I had a job to do so I looked at Kabuto’s corpse.
Restrain, I though.
They did as I said, they rushed to the corpse’s body and stuck to it. “Try moving now.” I said to Kabuto.
I saw his soul flicker a little. He couldn’t move, not an inch. That was good, it’d save me a lot of trouble, “Something wrong, Kabuto?” I cooed, “Can’t move? Want me to help?”
I felt Kabuto’s eyes through the corpse body stare at me. I smirked at him, “It won’t take long.”
I walked up to him. The body’s soul took over my vision. I reached my hand out and touched the corpse’s masked forehead. Then I thought of Alstarte. As if she knew what I was thinking, the soul that was supposedly in the body dissolved as did the other little orbs that was stuck to the body. The corpse fell backward, landing on the ground. I kicked the corpse, it was dead, as it originally should have been.
I felt myself relaxing, as if a big burden came off my shoulders. I felt refreshed. I looked around me, the string that went out to my left was thinning, then completely disappeared. I stretched, I felt so good!
I suppose it was time to go meet the others. I started running the direction they went. When I made it to the river, I splashed some water onto my sweaty face. I stared at my face. Kabuto pointed out my eyes went black, they were the usual bright green now. It was weird though. I had better control over my actions, not my attitude though. I noticed that much.
I smiled to myself in the reflection, not that I minded being cocky. I tend to do say some weird stuff though. Alstarte, I thought, thanks for the help.
No voice answered me back. I stood up and started down river. I thought of Mechifu for a brief moment. Then the string came again, leading the way back to my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess kicking Kabuto's ass (kinda) refreshed Trinity!