Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 44

I took a big whiff of my water from my bottle. Somehow Mechifu programmed the big ass TV in the living to play music from our world. We were just chilling at the apartment.
Kryptonite by Three Doors Down just went off, then one of my favorite songs came on. “Oh my God! Turn it up!” I yelled at Mechifu.
She loved the song too, she jumped up from the couch and came up to me, “Whoot! Dance with the Devil by BB!”
“Here I stand…” I started.
“Helpless and left for dead.” She said next.
We sung more of the song.
Together we sung, “Say goodbye. As we dance with the devil tonight. Don’t you dare look at him in the eye. As we dance with the devil tonight!”
Hold on… Hold on… the song went.
“Say goodbye…” We ended.
“Is it just me…” Lalita said, when the music went off, “or does that song fit, uh, Madara pretty damn well?”
I thought for a moment, “Actually. It kind of does.” I glanced at Sasuke. If we weren’t here right now. It’d fit Sasuke and Madara together.
Then another thought crossed my mind, I wonder what this world would be like if us four girls didn’t come here. Probably a lot different from now.
Another song came on. Perfect by Simple Plan.
“Hey Dad, look at me. Think back and talk to me, did I grow up according to plan?” the song went.
I froze, thinking to myself. “Trin?” Lalita said, concerned.
I turned toward her, my jaw working. “I’m leaving for a bit.” I said, then headed out of the door quickly.
“Trinity!” Mech said after me. I ignored her, I kept walking fast down the street, getting sucked into the crowd. People that bumped into me, I saw brief moments of their memories. I ignored them though, I had a complex mix of feelings. I didn’t know how to handle myself.
Before I knew it, I ended up in front of the Konoha Memorial Stone. I stared at it, those who died in honor. I made a small prayer to all of them, trying to get my mind off of Madara.
He was my father, I thought with venom. My mother… who just happened to be Alstarte. Alstarte, I thought. For some reason, I wasn’t all that surprised. When I think back on the times I talked to her, she practically hinted something at me, to think she was my mother…
I thought of her as a mother. Not Alstarte. Not some Goddess out there to protect me. She wasn’t doing her part just because I happen to be the Moon Child. I was her kid, she loved me, even if she wasn’t there in the beginning. But why wasn’t she there in the beginning? I knew she didn’t just abandon me for no reason… Was she protecting me from something? Somebody? Madara?
I sat on the ground, resting my head on my palm, “Give me an explanation.” I muttered.
I felt a presence to my left. I turned my head, to see Alstartes glowing figure making her way toward me. “Alstarte.” I said in greeting, the name sounding now weird in my mouth.
“Trinity…” She said, looking kind of awkward.
I patted the grass next to me, “Sit down. All I want is an explanation.”
She nodded, doing as I said, “It’s a long story…”
“I’ve got all day.” I replied, looking at her cooly, taking in her features.
She nodded, “Where do I start…”
“One question before we start.” I said, glancing at her.
“What?” she asked, looking at me in the eyes.
“Is the war over? I want to know. I’ve noticed a lot of ninja back.” I said.
For a moment, I thought I saw her smirk, but it quickly disappeared, “The damage you gave Madara was pretty bad. Plus, with Kabuto being destroyed, it doesn’t help. Madara lost his Akatsuki men, except Zetsu. He’s lost a lot, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the war is over.”
I nodded, “So… this is like the calm before the storm?”
“Yes. Basically.” She said, with a small smile.
I smiled back, it was too hard to be mad at her. Not after the lot she’s done for me. “You know. I still need to thank you.” I commented, plucking a piece of grass out of the ground.
“I don’t deserve it.” She murmured.
“You do.” I said, turning to her, “So, thanks, for saving my life… actually, I don’t think even a ‘thank you’ will cover on how much I-”
I stopped mid-sentence, Alstarte looked so… sad, like she was regretting about something, “Alstarte.” I said softly, gently, “You know I know about Madara, right? About you?”
She nodded, looking up at me, “Tell me about it, huh? I’ve got all day.” I said.
“Where do I start though?” She asked, looking at me.
“The beginning usually helps.” I said, with a small smile.
She smiles back, a sad one, “Well… One question… have you ever heard of a demigod?”
“Yeah? Like half human, half god type of beings right?” I asked.
She nodded, “Okay. Just making that clear. Let me begin.”
And she did. And holy shit, it was a long story.
♠ ♠ ♠
;o well, there you goooooo

Just a few more chaps until the end!!

Thanks for reading