Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 8

I sat on a rock that was by the river. I was meditating. Why was I doing that? I wasn’t so sure. I never had experience with learning this power. I’ve been doing this for a full hour. I sat for a few minutes in silence. Then shot my eyes open, “UGH!!!” I groaned, letting out my frustration.
I heard a low sigh to my right. I jerked my head over to Lalita. She had her finger and thumb on the bridge of her nose. I jumped down from the rock and walked over to her, “Any luck?” I asked.
She just shook her head ‘no.’
I groaned, I turned to the others, “What about you guys?”
Mechifu groans loudly, “No, but this is sure pissing me off…”
I looked over at Zana, she just shrugs, “I got an ant to dig a small hole…”
Mechifu looks in her direction, “No way! At least you can do something.”
I roll my eyes at her, “Why don’t we try to help each other instead of doing this on our own. I’ll work with Lalita while you two work together.”
They nodded. I walked with Lalita over to the river, sitting on the edge. Then I said, “Let’s start with you first, although you don’t really know what to do, we’re more familiar with what you should expect to do…”
She nodded. I smiled a little, “Are you good in Chemistry?”
She looked at me with a weird, “You should know I am, I’m taking college classes for it, or well was anyways.” She said, with a thoughtful look on her face.
I nodded, “Well, I know the basics, but the water… what’s it made of?”
She gave me a ‘duh’ look, “Molecules, duh. Not to mention the way it’s moving has to do with the gravity making the molecules move…”
I nodded, “With telekinesis, doesn’t it take control over gravity and matter and forces a shape that you want to make by manipulating that gravity or matter in the air?”
She thought for a moment, “Well, as confusing as you said that, it does make a tad bit of sense…”
I nodded, “Why don’t you focus on the matter of the water and gravity to see if you can manipulate it to stop or something…?”
She bobs her head a little, “Good idea, I’ll try…”
She stands up and walks over to the river side. She sticks her hand in the water as if she was going to test it’s movement or whatever. She takes her hand out and stares at the shallow part of the river side. Staring at it and focuses. Then…. Nothing. She let’s out a small groan.
I stand up. Then walk over to her, “Why don’t we stop for now, I mean, we may never get this right…” She complains.
I shook my head, “You know as well as I that we need to hurry and train to control our new powers. The war is going to start soon so we need to be ready before then.”
She swallows, then nods, then glares at the water, “I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but for some reason it’s not working…”
I thought for a moment, “Look out into the middle of the river, where most of the water is flowing more freely. Okay, just memorize yourself with the flow of the water, don’t follow the water. Just focus to… stop the flow…”
She nods, with her eyes close. She stays still for a few moments, then breaths in and out slowly, focusing. I didn’t say anything, I didn’t dare move. Lalita opens her eyes and stares at the water. Then it happens. Where the center of the river is, it stops moving. I stared at it wide-eyed. Then a block of water starts to rise out of the water, when it started to rise, the water that was around it flows in to take it’s place where it was at.
It was only about thirty seconds when it happened, the block raised about a half a foot about the water when I heard a gasp and the block became a big puddle disappearing into the river. I looked over at Lalita, who was panting a little and wide-eyed. I smiled, “Good job,” I said, “You got the basics of Telekinesis.”
She looks at me and smiles, then coughs a little, she says, “Wow, that was… weird.”
I laugh, “Well, you did great. How did you even do that?”
She shrugs, “I’m not sure, I just relax myself and concentrated a little. Though it was weird, it seemed that all I was focused on was the water. It seemed like I was becoming the water myself… I’m not sure how to explain. I feel as though I understand it a little more now…” she scratches her head.
“It doesn’t matter if you explain it or not, as long as you… feel like you know what your doing.”
She smiles, “Enough of that, I want to hurry and become Psychic.”
I roll my eyes, “Alright.”
We sit on the ground, facing each other, “So,” Lalita says, “What kind of psychic abilities do you think I have?”
I grinned, “You remember what Itachi said you would have?”
Her eyes widen, “OH! I almost forgot. He said I’d have the power to read minds, tell the future, and use telepathy. HOLY SMOKES! That’s freaking cool!”
I laugh, “Sure is, which one you want to try first?”
She does a little grunt, “Well, they all seem hard, but I think I’d like to read minds…”
I nodded, “Well, good thing I’m here, try to read my mind…”
She stares at me, I knew this was going to be a hard job for her so I tried to let my guard down for her, to make it easier for her to read my mind, Don’t let your guard down idiot, I want to challenge myself…
My eyes widen, “What?” I said.
“Huh?” Lalita said.
“What did you say?” I asked, “You just said something about me to not let my guard down and you wanted to challenge yourself… And I am not an idiot!”
Her eyes widen, “Whoa! I didn’t mean to offend you, but I didn’t say that, I thought it…”
We looked at each other for another short moment and started screaming in joy!
“Oh my goodness Lalita, that didn’t take long for you to learn!” I said, hugging her tightly.
She laughs, then gives me a squeeze back, “Well, what can I say? I got a good friend who helped me.”
I smiled at her. I let her go and stood up. I looked up at the sky, it was starting to turn an orange color, “It’s getting dark, let’s get the others and head home.”
I lend her a hand and helped her up. We walked over to where the edge of the woods were. I saw Zana sitting Indian style and staring at a rabbit. Not in a focusing kind of way, it look like she was having a conversation with it with her eyes. Mechifu was behind the rabbit, staring at Zana while grinning. Looks like Zana got her basics done also.
“Hey guys.” I said, interrupting their weird little convo with the eyes.
Zana looked up from the rabbit to me, and smiles, “Any luck?”
I smile, “Yup! Lalita got the basics of some stuff for her powers, but as for me no.”
I shrugged, then Mechifu says, “That makes two of us, Zana’s pretty much getting used to her powers. As for me, I’m like you, Trin, I’m quite a big brainless noob.” She says, pouting.
I laugh, “Don’t worry about it now, we’ll learn before we know it. Come on guys, it’s getting late, I’m tired, and we should go home…”
Mechifu jumps in the air pumping her fist, “Whoop! Spongebob Time!”
We laugh, then headed through the trees on our way home.
We were passing through the woods when I saw a flash of white go in front of us. I blinked, I looked at the others, “Did you see that flash of white?” I asked.
They looked at me funny, Zana says, “No I didn’t.”
The others agreed. Man I must be seeing things…
♠ ♠ ♠
A little side note: In this story it’s got to do with a little Chemistry. I HAVE NO IDEA WTF THAT IS. I’m just making up with my logic reasons in here, so just enjoy my logic reasoning on here. Please don’t judge if I got something here wrong. I’m just using Chemistry for an example so Trinity can give advice to Lalita for help.