Sequel: Just A Dream
Status: COMPLETED!!!!!

The Blind Side (A Naruto Story)

Chapter 9

I flop down on my bed after the shower I took. I was worn out from all that training and Hokage visit. I wanted some sleep.
I fell asleep quite fast.
And again, I fell into darkness. “Ugh…” I said.
I stood up and started to go to the left when I froze. There was something… a light, coming my way. It was getting brighter and brighter. It got so close that I had to shield my eyes from the brightness. Then it dimmed a little, “Hello, you must be Trinity.”
My eyes got adjusted to the light and I took my hand away from my face, “Um, yeah?” I said. You would think I was used to coming to the darkness by now.
The voice chuckled, “Yes I’m very aware.” the voice sound like a woman.
I licked my lips, a little habit I did when I got nervous, “Um, can I help you?” I asked.
The voice laughed, I sure didn’t get what was funny so I did a fake giggle along, “Oh girl! I guess that Itachi boy hasn’t told you about me. My name is Astarte. I am the goddess of the Spirit World.”
I gasped, “Oh! Um, sorry. I think I understand, but I’m quite confused…”
The glowing Astarte smiles, “No worries, I only came here to grant your powers.”
My mouth gaped opened, “You mean, I haven’t even gotten the powers yet!?”
Astarte chuckles, “Yes, your right. I guess Itachi told you something that made you wonder if you had the powers already. I summoned you here at the Other Dimension to personally give you the sacred powers only so few have ever possessed. I must say, you have a strong heart and mind. You will carry out this sacred power with care. I must warn you though, there is a very big side effect in this power. Something that will change you forever…”
I swallowed. I nodded my head, a little more than afraid to really say anything. Astarte walks toward me. Coming closer and closer and her dim glowing light growing brighter and brighter until I sunk inside the bright light.
I woke up with a sudden jerk. I raise myself to a sitting position. I look at my hands and then my arms. I was faintly glowing a little. I sighed. I was wide awake now. I stepped out of bed and walked to my door and peeked out. All the lights were off and everything was silent. I stepped out of the room and crept down the hallway trying not to wake up the others.
I went to the front door and opened it. I stepped out into the night air and took a big breath. Then I went down to where the steps were and squeaked.
Mechifu was sitting on the step, staring straight ahead, “Mechifu? What are you doing out here?” I asked, taking a seat beside her.
Her hair was in pigtails and she had on red and black plaid pajama pants and black tank top. I only had on shorts and an oversized shirt on, compared to her anyways.
She looks over at me, and grins, though I can still see a troubled look in her eyes, “I could ask the same to you, too, you know.”
I smile, then I softly, I said, “What’s wrong, Mechifu?”
She sighs, “Well, at the time when you was talking to the hokage about how we got here and stuff made me think a little.”
I nodded, “What was you thinking about, is it something bad?”
She smiles at me, “Well, I wouldn’t necessarily call it bad, but it‘s not good either…”
“Can you get to the point?” I asked, a little pushy, but still, I was curious of what she was talking about.
She smiles, “You know how Itachi said that we needed to save Sasuke, and the world?”
I nodded, “Yeah, but what’s that got to--”
She raised her hand, silencing me, “Let me finish first. Well he wants us to save his brother from himself. But think about it, he wants us to save the world too. And there’s Madara,” She shook her head in disgust.
I gave her a funny look, “What are you talking about Mechifu?”
She looks out into the dark night, “Well, think about it. We don’t necessarily know how to ki-- destroy Madara,” She almost said ‘kill,’ “Madara has the Sharingan, and god knows that is going to be a pain in the ass to get through, not to mention he receives the Rinnegan in his other eye to control others. We barely know how the Sharingan works…”
“Are you trying to say we need someone with good experience with the Sharingan to help destroy Madara?” I asked, trying to catch onto her words.
She nods, “That’s what I’m thinking…”
I gasped, realization hit me, “So your saying we need Sasuke to help destroy Madara…?”
She nodded, “That’s what I’m thinking…”
I stared at her, she must really be in deep thought if she’s going to repeat her answers to me. I sat and thought too. If we had Sasuke, it might be a little easier to destroy Madara, hell, a lot easier. I knew Itachi wanted us to save him, but to save him and get him to help destroy Madara and his evil ways. When I think about it, Itachi might have given a few hints to us then.
So confused. I kind of get it though, well, thanks to Mechifu, we might be getting one step forward to be getting the world saved. “Would it work though?” I accidentally out loud though.
Mechifu looks over at me, “I’m not sure, but there’s only one way to find out…”
My eye’s widen, “Wait! Mechifu, you know it’s too early for this, you don’t even know how to use your powers yet, and I just received mine-”
“Just received?” she asked.
I froze, “Oh yeah in a dream some woman came and gave me powers…”
“Tell me about real quick.” She said.
I told her. I even told her the last part of what the woman said, which still hung in the back of my mind…
Astarte chuckles, “Yes, your right. I guess Itachi told you something that made you wonder if you had the powers already. I summoned you here at the Other Dimension to personally give you the sacred powers only so few have ever possessed. I must say, you have a strong heart and mind. You will carry out this sacred power with care. I must warn you though, there is a very big side effect in this power. Something that will change you forever…”
She gave me a weird look, “A very big side effect?”
“Yeah, but I have no idea what she means… but that’s not the point! What the hell do you mean there’s only one way to find out? Are you trying to suggest that we go out and get him or something?”
She smiles sadly, “You know it’s the only way… And I’m glad you’ve got your powers now. Maybe mine will come sometime…”
I didn’t say anything. She was right, in a way. If we needed Sasuke, we needed to go out and get him. But how would we get to him? We had to get passed Madara and Kabuto somehow…
I groaned, “What?” Mechifu asked.
“Kabuto…” I said in disgust.
She flinched at his name, “That serpent? He’s such a weird ass it’s not even funny…”
I nodded in agreement. There was silence for a moment. Then I said, “You know, if we need Sasuke back, we could always ask the hokage to send us out… We have a pretty good reason to go too.”
Mechifu nodded, “Your right. But we must keep it a secret between the other two…”
My eye’s widen in surprise, “What!? From Lalita and Zana?”
She clenched her jaw and looked to the ground. She nodded in response. “But why though?” I asked.
She looked at me, her eyes were a little wet, “We just can’t. If we tell then they would want to come along to the mission if we get the chance to go save Sasuke. They can’t go, they must be safe…”
I put my arm around her shoulder, “I understand, I won’t tell. But, we have to tell when we come back, if we even get to go…”
I barely heard, but I might have been hearing things, but I could have sworn I heard her say, “If we come out alive…”
What a scary ass thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! Going to go save Sasuke. The poor guy... always being malipulated by people. -sighs- well, wait up for the next chapter! :D