My Boy Hood

That Dream and Lucy

The dream was so real. It was that Friday night when I had it. I was walking up on stage and Lala wasn’t with me. I walked to the center and just stood there in front of the silent crowd. It was dark, so nobody saw me, until the bright spotlight came on, that was when everyone laughed.

I looked down and noticed I was wearing a clown suit and started to freak out. I tried to stare at the crowd again, but they turned into a bunch of women – Ms. Tooshay to be exact! I stared in horror until I heard them all say, “Everyone has a secret!”

I turned away from them, only to see longer hair flow around my body and I struck moves that I haven’t done in weeks. I saw him, Harold, smiling and held out his hand out. I grinned at my old friend, taking his hand. He twirled me around.

Somehow I ended up in Sam’s arms as he stopped my spinning. We were waltzing on the dance floor. My hair was up, and my dress was quite heavy and hot. Sam was grinning, “Such a beauty-“

My eyes flew open to the sound of my alarm clock. What the hell just happen? I groaned and rolled over, smacking the Snooze button. What the heck was that dream about anyways? It didn’t really matter. I had to get ready and go to Lala’s. It has been a few months since I’ve been up there and I thought it’d be a good change of scenery.

I got ready and headed out the door and I was met down the street with a familiar face, “Jeremy!” I called out.

He didn’t seem to hear me, so I ran down the street. His side was facing me, so I didn’t realize there was a girl clinging to him. I stopped running, and when the light turned red and the sign indicated they could walk, they did. “Who is she?”

I noticed she had pajama type clothes on and wore slippers. She staggered as she walked, and since I didn’t really have a choice on going that way (which was the direction Lala lived), I crossed the street quickly. I stayed a fair distance behind them, and I caught part of their conversation, “I’m glad your father let me out of the hospital for the time being.”

“I just don’t understand why you requested me to be your escort.” He said, his voice not the least bit kind.

She just laughed, “Don’t be silly. It’s because I wanted a date.”

For a moment I thought she was his girlfriend, but judging from his attitude, it was anything but. Lala’s house was another five minute walk. Again, they turned toward the street that was supposed to take to get to Lala’s house. I saw something glint from her pocket and it fell on the ground. She didn’t notice it, and I picked it up for her.

They continued to walk until they were out of earshot. I looked at the item I had. It was very girlish, though it seemed unusual for one to carry around. It was a little chick and it even had a fuzz touch to it. The thing belonged on a necklace, but it had no chain. I started walking again, this time staying out of their conversation.

When it came to turn for Lala’s street, they turned the opposite direction. I started to turn in Lala’s street, but I found myself turning and running after them. As loud as I could, I yelled, “Jeremy!”

He jumped and turned, eyes widening when he saw me. When I caught up to them, I was trying to catch my breath. It’s been a while since I sprinted so hard. “Nick? What’s wrong?”

I waved my hand at him and looked at the girl. She had long, wavy brown hair, blue eyes, and a cute face. “You dropped this a while back.”

I held out the baby chick to her. She gasped, “Oh, God! How could I drop that? Thank you so much!”

She took it and held both of my hands, “It means a lot to me.”

“You still have that?” Jeremy asked the girl.

She smiled, “Of course. It was the first thing you ever won for me!”

She noticed my confused look, “Oh, sorry. I’m Lucy Funn. I know, weird name. I’ve known Jeremy since we were in middle school. He’s been visiting me often since I’ve been admitted. He’s my only friend really. Not to mention I love him.”

She smiled, and I just replied, “Oh.”

“Don’t get any weird thoughts.” Jeremy added, “She’s not my girlfriend or anything.”

She pouted, “It’s too bad really. Anyways, thanks for giving me this! Who are you again?”

“Nick.” I said, and smiled, “I’m a friend of a friend of yours.”

She giggled, “You’re a cheeky one! You should totally come visit me during your free time! I’d like to be friends.”

“You don’t have to-“ Jeremy started.

“Sure.” I interrupted Jeremy, “I’d loved to.”

Jeremy went silent, and sighed, “Lucy, we need to leave, we’re passed curfew.”

She puffed out her cheeks, “Pooh! Okay! Bye, Nicky!”

She dragged Jeremy along with her and I just stood shocked at the nickname she said. Did she know? Impossible, I thought, she just came up with it on the spot. I started walking the opposite direction toward Lala’s. The moment Lala’s mom opened the door, she smiled, “Nicky! My, you’ve grown.”

“Hey, Mama.” I said.

Don’t ask, I was told long ago to start calling her that. I went in and found Lala in the living room, “Hey! You ready for tonight? I asked Penny to get as many people as she knew to go to the concert to cheer us on.”

“Was that really necessary?” I asked.

She grinned, “You can’t enjoy a song without friends to enjoy it with. I'm asking some people from my school to come too – don’t worry though, I didn’t say anything about you being there.”

I sat down at the couch just thinking how Lala could be sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lucy... ahh :o so she's a patient in a hospital.. i wonder why...

well here in a chapter or so we're going to experiance the mind of our wonderful Sam ;P and Jeremy comes out of the closet (no he's not gay ;o) his lil crushh!! actually i thnk its kinda obvious who it is.. buh i'll let you think of who :)

sry for the long wait btw >.<"