My Boy Hood

Party Time

The first day of school I remembered was slow, and it seemed two months flew by, and our first game was coming soon, on the coming Saturday to add. I was nervous, and tomorrow was Friday, which meant we got to wear our full uniform, which totally beats the school uniforms. Basketball was a huge deal at the school, and all this week everyone wished us luck, some promising to be at the home game to cheer us on. We had to win our first game in order to leave an impression. It was important.

Lala said she was going to be there, and she also said she had some news, and was important and that she needed my help. I was curious but she told me not to fret about it, to just focus on the game. Thursday, the teammates got together and practiced. The next day, Coach called off practice, and Blake offered to let us come to his house. I butted in, saying my house was empty and closer, and we should just go there instead.

“I like that idea better.” Sake said, “Can I invite my girl over?”

“As long as your pants stay on.” I said, grinning and shaking my head.

“Hey! Nick!” I heard a thrill voice yell.

It was Penny, followed by Summer, and they were making their way toward our group. “Don’t you dare throw a party without inviting us.”

“It’s not a party,” I said, “but feel free to come over.”

Sake was already calling up his girl, and I decided to call up Lala. “Hey, Nick?”

Jason came up to me and when said what, he asked, “Is it okay if I bring my sister over? I usually have to watch her when I get off practice. I don’t want to leave her alone longer than I need to.”

I nodded, “Yeah, sure.”

“You’re bringing your sister?” Blake asked.

“Yeah.”

“Oh, dear. Should we hide Nick out of her sight?” He asked.

“Why would you do that?” I asked.

“You’ll see here in a bit.”

Later on, everyone was here, even Lala. She was talking to Penny. God knows that they can talk each other out. Summer was quiet, listening to their conversation. I noticed Sake in the kitchen with his girl in his lap. The other guys were messing around, and all we needed now was Jason. It didn’t take long before I heard him knock on the door.

I opened the door, and there he was, with a girl who looked maybe thirteen. She caught my eye, and she stared, dumbstruck. “This is my sister Dakota.”

“Hey there.” I said, motioning them in.

They came in, and the girl continued to stare. “Oh, boy.” I muttered.

“Can I take a pic with you?” Dakota ask.

“Sure?”

She pulled me to her side and she hugged me tightly as she pointed her phone at us, “Smile!”

I did, and a second later her phone clicked and she let go of me. I walked over to Blake, who was on his phone. “Just wait.” He said, “She’s your next big thing.”

“Blake, spill it out. What do you mean?” I asked.

“What he means,” said Jeremy, “is that she’ll imply that you’re her boyfriend. Don’t freak out though, she did it to me during the summer. Her romance will fly onto someone else before the month’s over.”

“There it is!” Blake said, grabbing my shoulder, “Look!”

He showed me his phone, and it showed the picture of me and Dakota. I saw the title, which said The One. Under the picture said, this time it’s official, I found the man of my dreams! “Oh, no.” I moaned, “Dude, you got to make it stop.”

“Nick!” Dakota called.

I looked up, and saw Dakota waving at me, “Can I have your number?”

At that, I couldn’t help but scrunch up my face, “What?” Blake exclaimed, “I’m his friend and I don’t even have his number!”

“Really?” Jeremy asked.

“Yeah! You?”

“I got it the day after he went to school.”

“Same here!” Penny shouted.

“I think we all did.” Jason said.”

“That’s not right! Why don’t I have your number, Nick?”

“You never asked.” I said.

He cried out, “I never thought to. We were with each other every day almost with practice and all, it felt stupid. But then again I can’t believe I never asked. Nick! Why didn’t I ask?”

He grabbed my arm and started to shake me. He was going berserk, and I heard Lala and Penny laughing their asses off. He wouldn’t stop shaking me, “Blake! If you want my number, just say so!”

“I do! I do!” He cried.

God, I thought, taking his phone. He took mine and we both programmed our numbers in the phones. I reluctantly did the same to Dakota’s phone. After Blake jumped around all happy-like, I decided to go sit by Lala and talk to her. “You know, you never told me what news you had.”

She raised her hands, and I saw Penny and Summer laughing. “I can’t tell you until after the game,” She was grinning, “but it’s good news!”

I sighed. The small party went on until about six o’clock which was when everyone started to leave. Lala was the last to leave as Jeremy walked out the door. “You have some really nice friends.” She said.

I leaned against the threshold, “Yeah, I know.”

She gave me a hug, “I’m your best friend though.”

“Yeah, yeah. Get home quickly, before your mom thinks you’ve been kidnapped.”

She let go, “We all know how crazy she is.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said.

“Bye, bye!” She jumped down the steps and walked across the yard to the sidewalk.

I looked over and I saw a car pull up, and Jeremy was standing on the sidewalk, staring at me. I waved bye, and he smiled, and got into the car. As the car drove away, he rolled the window down and stuck his hand.

I went back into the house. And after a few hours, Dad came home. He went through the mail, and as I walked upstairs, he stopped me. “There’s a CD for you.”

He handed the paper case on it. It said ‘Nickole’ on it. I said night and worked my way upstairs. “What is it?”

“Don’t know. I’ll check it out later, though.” I said, walking to my room.

“Night.” He said, going into his room.

I went into my room, looked at the disk. I threw it on the desk, deciding to watch it later. I laid down, ready for bed. I had a game tomorrow and I needed the rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh.. Dakota.. She's a persistent little girl. Blake is hilarious and Lala's got some news. I wonder what though? Also, what was that CD about? Who sent it? Well, one clue is that it said Nickole, so it was obvious somebody knew the real her :) An enemy? or a friend?

The big game is tomorrow, how will it go? Will the Scorpions (that's Nicky's team name) win? What does Lala have to say to Nicky?

Find out in the next chapter lol x]