Status: I have not yet finished this story, so excuse the wait there might be for chapters. They will get here, but it could take a while.

It's Difficult Being Unwanted

Chapter 1

It was the usual place at the usual time – sundown at Millie’s Sandwiches and Sweets – when he sat down at my table.

“They’ve found him. Dead,” said Fredrick

“Who’s that?” I asked him.

“Your father, Zeke. He’s dead,” he said slowly and carefully. I considered this for a minute.

“Did you see him?”

“No, but the inspector is waiting for us at his flat.”

“Well, then,” I said as I stood up and slipped on my jacket “We’d better take a look, right Freddie?” He rolled his eyes. I smirked. “Sorry. Fredrick.”

“Humph.”

He hates to be called Freddie and I knew it, but it was one of my greatest hobbies to tease him. I had been practicing since I was a child.
See, Fredrick had taken care of me all my life. In a way, he was like my godfather. No, not like. He was my godfather.

I suppose you’d like to know my story now, wouldn’t you? Well, there isn’t much to tell you.
I guess my father, while on a trip to Chicago, took things a little too far with a human of the female sort. That is how my existence came to be. After that, I suppose my father didn’t want me around, but he didn’t want me out with the humans on my own either. So he sent Fredrick to care for me.

And so Fredrick did. He took me in in his one room apartment in downtown Chicago. I can only imagine the story he had to tell… Although he was really old (he would never tell me his exact age, just "many decades.") you would never know that he was much over twenty.
The apartment was not in the greatest neighborhood, but it was home to me.

For a while, I held on to the hope that my father would return for me, but I eventually wised up. Now, I hunt him.
Well, not just him. I’ll hunt anyone as long as there’s something in it for me. Money, information on my father – could be anything. Cake is my favorite reward…

But back to the subject at hand.

I had been chasing my father for eight years. I had started in my home town and had branched out from there. Trough tips, my extraordinary tracking skills, and just a little help from Fredrick, I had tracked him all the way here to the heart of London, England. I never dreamed that this would be our reunion.

"Forgetting something, aren't you Zeke?" said Fredrick. I thought for a second.

"Oh. Right. Scarlett! I'm gonna need a box for this," I said as I gestured toward the plate of pie on the table. Fredrick chuckled.

"Always with the sweets."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd really love to know what you guys think of this. I always reply to my comments....