Status: Hiatus Until Rewrite is Complete

Monsters

Prologue

Alice's breaths came out in short, visible puffs in the December air. She was running inexplicably fast, considering she had been a heavy chain smoker since she was fifteen. Alice silently cursed her feet for being so loud as they pounded on the recently dried asphalt of Drier Road. It was consequently the night before Christmas, or based on technicality, the morning of. For weeks on end she had this unshakable feeling that she was being watched, even though no one seemed suspicious enough to be considered. Of course what she did not know then, was that her stalker was one of the paranormal variety. Her nightmares of shadow creatures and everlasting torture plagued her until the morning light of day when she would let out a heavy sigh and relax, always rationalizing that they were 'merely dreams'. They became increasingly more violent, arising a paranoia in her that would not cease until her death. It was when the nightmares finally stopped that she began to see the terribly un-human like creature everywhere, regardless of the time of day. She nearly went mad.

Alice could not escape. She knew that now, as her lungs were encased with a raging fire and her legs began to drag. But, she would never give up. So she gasped for air, careful of preventing a debilitating cramp that could very well mean her demise. But He had other plans in mind. Alice had been a bit of a nuisance for Him. He could not very well allow her to keep destroying His henchmen, sending them back to the Inferno and preventing them from ever returning to Earth again. He needed them. He had plans, extremely detailed plans that she insisted on foiling. Now at first, He contemplated killing her. It would surely solve a plethora of His problems, however she would simply be sent straight to heaven. And He could not allow that. So instead, His most loyal chieftain, Malphas came up with the ingenious idea of impregnating her with His offspring, the Antichrist. Even God would be smart enough to condemn a child of his, if she bore the bringer of chaos and destruction to his imperfect and greatly flawed world that he somehow still held so dear. So that is what He did.

He humored her for a while, following slightly behind and acquiescing her intrinsic need to try and get away. He figured she would eventually tire herself out, but reluctantly admired and became irritated with her unfailing endurance. He had things to do and no time to waste if things were to unravel smoothly. He should have expected such from a hunter. He threw Alice onto the hard concrete, relishing in the intoxicating scent of her cascading blood, while she looked around wildly, trying to see her invisible attacker. When He finally revealed Himself to her, she let out a bloodcurdling scream that could wake the entire neighborhood. But no one heard a sound, not even the newlyweds that were walking merrily across the street with their Doberman. Alice yelled out to them for help, but terror arose in her as she realized that they could neither hear, nor see her. The scene was just so wrong on so many levels and she sobbed painfully, permanently damaging her esophagus with her hopeless cries. She was hopeless and she was being raped by the most hauntingly, paralyzingly beautiful and infamous hellion noted in The Bible.

Nine months later, she gave birth to the daughter of Satan.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)