Sequel: Transformers: Moments
Status: I decided to redo the first two chapters of my stories under someone's insistence. I hope you don't mind...

Birth of an Angel

Chapter 1

Before time began, there was the Cube. We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life. That is how our race was born. For a time, we lived in harmony. But like all great power, some wanted it for good, others for evil. And so began the war. A war that ravaged our planet until it was consumed by death, and the Cube was lost to the far reaches of space. We scattered across the galaxy, hoping to find it and rebuild our home. Searching every star, every world. And just when all hope seemed lost, message of a new discovery drew us to an unknown planet called…Earth. But we were already too late…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunlight angled through the low warehouse windows, eating away the edges of shadows as they encompassed the massive room.

Metal gleamed dully from the cluttered tables, and the smell of oil permeated the interior despite its well-kept appearance.

Hidden in the far corner was a 2007 Lotus Elise MSRP convertible, bright blue with red lines along the hood and sides that seemed to shine in the late afternoon light.

Once the internal clock read 7:00 pm, the car turned on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entire room was dark except for the glow of a computer monitor, outlining the form of an unmade bed, a nightstand, and the thirteen-year-old girl sitting before it.

Bright blue eyes darted over the screen, and she typed rapidly, causing computer code to fly down the screen as quickly as racecars down a track.

Smiling once the code was done, the teen blew dark curls out of her face and sat back as the program booted up.

Yes!” She whisper-yelled, pumping her fist as the opening sequence of her newest project came on-screen, ‘Battle for Earth’.

Proud of herself, the girl spun her chair around to stand, stretching out her back and arms with a sigh.

Walking by the window to root through her mini-fridge for a soda, the teen froze up, staring out at the street below.

Parked across the street was a shiny blue and red convertible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever felt like you were being watched by an inanimate object?

Every time I look at that awesome convertible, that’s the feeling I get.

I mean, it’s not like I feel threatened or anything, more like…

Like I’m safe.

God, I must really be insane, feeling safe around a car that’s been following me around.

Isn’t it bad enough that I have Sam for a brother?

Popping open the soda can and licking any wayward liquid off my fingers, I turned back to my game with the sole intent of ignoring that convertible.

It always came by in the mornings while I was at school and sat around during the night, so there wasn’t much else for me to do.

Seeing a terrifying face with red eyes on the screen that brought horrible flashbacks of frequent nightmares, I figured I should just play some Solitaire…