Status: Completed :)

Freedom

One of One

3:15 p.m.
That’s what the clock read on May 20th on a blazing Friday afternoon. Madison Kosher was dying on anticipation for the summer to finally start and the agonizing school year to end for the next 180 days. Tens minutes separated her from the freedom she longed for. Well she’d still have to wait for Monday, because everyone knows the summer doesn’t start until the first Monday.
Madison looked around the nearly empty class room. Most students opted on staying home the last day. The day was boring anyway, not like in middle school were everyone threw parties and their were games the whole day. Madison would have done the same, but she had missed too many days during the semester. That didn’t matter, it nine minutes she’d be racing towards the bus planning all the activities she and her friends would partake in. Movies, sleepover, mall visits, the beach, mini- golf, and more. She tapped her foot impatiently, the clock never moved when you wanted it to.

3:17 p.m.
Madison had taken to pacing the room. She couldn’t just sit there. The clock was onto her. Every time her eyes diverted to the plastic object from hell time seemed to go backwards.
“Miss Kosher, if your dying for something to do you can help me take down some of these things, “old Ms. Finkle pointed at the various “inspirational” posters on her walls.
Madison jumped at the opportunity, Great! This will pass a bunch of time.

3:21 p.m.
Madison sighed in defeat. She was sure that by the time she was finished boxing up things for Ms. Finkle the principal would be on the loud speaker announcing his farewell speech and setting Madison free from her prison. Now just four minutes held her back from what she’d been waiting for all day. Madison flitted around hoping to waste time. The old teacher looked at her strangely, “If you need the pass all you had to was ask.”
Madison opened her mouth to reply, but instead a squeal came out. The announcements were on! She held her old notebooks to her chest anxiously waiting by the door. The bell rang and before Ms. Finkle could wish her students a good-bye they were racing on the door. Madison was the first one to push open the double doors to the bus ramp. She felt she could jump a foot in the air, finally freedom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly encouraged :)