Status: New, Active

Radiance

I walk the tight rope,

Eliza Underwood was sure she was dead.
It wasn't just the sharp pain that shot up her spine upon impact. No, it wasn't that at all. It was the white shimmering light that seemed to cloud her vision making it impossible to see. She wanted so badly to go towards that light. Instead, she heard the voice. The perfect, raspy voice that made her insides, which felt as if they were inflamed, spring to life with butterflies.
"Please, be aliveā€¦" The voice of the angel said. It sounded sharp and panicked. The light shimmered in the back, begging for her attention but she couldn't help but focus on the sound of the voice.
"Please be alive. Just, don't die. Please, you're really too beautiful to die." She felt her insides flutter again. The shimmering seemed to fade slightly, causing her to focus. Suddenly, the light was so bright. So beautiful.
"Uh," The voice called once again. "They say to talk to you, right? Keep you conscious. My name is John O'Callaghan. I hit you with my car. You'll probably hate me after this. I'm very sorry. You just pulled out, and I wasn't focusing and - Ah. I called 9-1-1. I'm so sorry."
Asshole. Eliza's mind screamed, yet she could not see herself being mad at the boy. She felt as if she was cooling down, her body temperature fading away as the shimmering grew stronger.
She tried to open her mouth to speak, but nothing came out but a pained moan. John stiffened and wiped Eliza's brow with his hands. Her entire body was warmed simply by his touch, and she tried to smile but it turned into more of a grimace. John's fingers immediately left her head. The shimmering grew stronger. John's word flew around in her mind. She knew that she had to choose between the two.
Eliza's eyes opened in small slits, her light green eyes seeing a blurry vision of a boy with dusty, brown hair. She saw the shimmer in his pale green eyes. A small smirk adorned his face,
She didn't know then, that John O'Callaghan would be the death of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is it. My first story on Mibba. I've been trying to make this story as original as possible, so it isn't just another JohnO gets the girl fanfic. I had to even ask some of my friends if they liked this prolouge-type chapter. Hopefully you guys enjoy it. Once, I get comfortable with this I'm thinking about adding another story. Please comment and sub? I definitely have a lot in store for this story (:
It'd mean a lot to me.