Status: InActive

Capture My Heart

Chapter 1

Jacob Black.

A lot of people have trouble admitting when they’ve made a mistake.

I’d like to think I am one of those people, but the truth is; I’m not. And there’s a difference between not being able to admit your mistakes, and not knowing the mistakes you made.

I gave Bella everything; I risked it all to keep her safe, to protect her and her ‘family’ just so she could abandon me to go play housewife with Edward and Renesmee. I don’t know where they went, and frankly, I don’t care too.

Haven’t I taken enough rejection already?

Of course Bella feels bad for leaving me; she was always my best friend and she always will be, but that didn’t change anything. She didn’t feel bad enough to stay, or even say goodbye. I’m pretty sure Seth knows where they are, but I can’t find the heart to actually ask him.

What’s the point? She made her choice; she made her choice long before I’d even known her. It shouldn’t make any difference to me.

And yet, here I am, again trying to keep Bella happy, because I know the last thing she wants is for me to come looking for her.

XxX

I woke up this morning, lying in bed for a full ten minutes before I found the will power to get up and get dressed, and then using further persuasion to make myself eat something, instead of going hungry.

My dad didn’t say anything. I think he was afraid too; he didn’t know how in love with Bella I’d been, and he thought it was a phase.

He didn’t know Bella had the power to break me. He hadn’t thought that she would.

As soon as I finished I got up and walked outside. I had to get away from that house, away from Billy’s not-so-concealed gaze.

I couldn’t remember the last time I’d ran patrol, even though I was Alpha. I let Sam take over for a while, as I tried to get my head on straight again.

Most of my time was spent at the cliffs, just thinking about nothing in particular, and staring out at the shore while seeing nothing.

It got dark all too soon, and I started trekking home again.

I passed Quil, whose dark brown head peaked out of the trees while he stared at me with an unfathomable look in his wolf eyes. I imagined pity there, and pain, but I ignored it.
I just walked home tiredly, my feet dragging and leaving subtle scraping noises against the ground.

When I was walking up the few steps to my house, something caught my eye. Sticking from the mail box was an envelope, creamy white with black writing I couldn’t completely make out this far away. I snatched the thick expensive paper and just barely made out my name on it.

Feeling confused, I took it and walked to my room, my dad already asleep next door. I flipped on my light and sat on my bed. I opened the thick envelope and my heart stopped.

There were two words at the top, and then a letter.

Burn this.

Jacob,
I understand that you may be angry with me, and I understand that you must still be suffering, but you must appreciate what kind of desperation it took to send you this.

Bella does not know that I’ve contacted you, nor must any of your pack.

It is of vital importance that you keep this letter and everything that goes along with it a secret. For your safety, and that of others, you have to trust me.

I am going to be sending you something soon, something that I can no longer have anything to do with for Bella’s sake, and Renesmee’s; something that needs protection.

I am not going to lie to you; it is a risk for you to harbor this object. There may come a time when your life could even be at risk, but I guarantee you, once you have been exposed, you will not be able to turn it away.

You won’t understand at first, but you will soon.
- Edward Cullen


My head spun as I read the last part.

Why would Cullen send me something that risked my life? Weren’t we friends? …Sort of? I thought he had stopped hating me at least.

He probably was just sending this to mess with me, since I had nothing left to live for I guess he thought I wouldn’t mind dying to keep his precious little cargo safe.

I couldn’t help but wonder though.

What would Edward need to keep from Bella? From Renesmee and the pack? What thing, could he be so desperate that he could only trust me with it?

I didn’t know.

But I did know one thing though, even if the letter had been a joke, my life as I knew it was about to change; forever.