Status: InActive

Capture My Heart

Chapter 16

Their names were; Canto, Jamie, Keith, Carla, Alex, and Matt.

The couple were Keith and Carla, the twins were Alex and Matt, the blonde Jamie, and the leader obviously Canto.

They were werewolves, Violet’s kind. Full moon, no control, silver bullets all that jazz. They were hunting Violet, but there excuses were sketchy to me, because I knew they were lying. The rest of the guys were under the impression they really were after a ‘witch.’

Violet wasnt a witch and she wasn’t a traitor either. These people were after her, so they could get her before the vamps did. She never turned them in to the vampires.

They were here for only a few days before I was ready to kill someone. Jamie was always flirting with me, mostly because the other guys besides Paul, Embry and the new kids had imprints, and because I was untouchable.

She thought if she could get me out of my slump, I’d be some kind of prize. Yeah right.

But anyways, she didn’t interest me, at all. She was everything opposite of Violet, so peppy and whiny and she had a nasally voice that reminded me of nails screeching down a chalkboard. She also dressed like…I don’t even know. She had pink everywhere, along with other neon colors that made my head hurt, and too much skin being revealed for comfort. It was just a mess.

It didn’t help the fact that the twins- well Alex mostly, thought that one of them should’ve been with her. They were pissed at me, but Sam passed it off and still kept them around.

For all I was concerned, they could take her. Take her and leave. I wasn’t interested. Not in the slightest.

A week of them being here, and I was sure they would’ve realized that Violet wasn’t around anymore, and left. They stuck around though, plotting their next moves and taking up space and good clean oxygen they didn’t deserve.

Sam hadn’t revealed that he wasn’t the actual alpha, and they didn’t know the difference. They kept away from me, and I kept away from them to the best of my ability, although sometimes my dad had me watch them, or go with the guys wherever they were going.

I think he didn’t trust them either, but like me he kept silent.

There were times when watching them proved to be useful, like when I learned that Keith has a weak right leg, or that Canto is allergic to silver to the point where he can’t even smell it without hurting.

All weaknesses, all that I could use later if it came to that, which it usually did.

“Hey Jake,” Jamie sang in an off-key soprano when I walked up to Emily’s. My dad asked me to come, never explaining why but having his own reasons, and I went.

I didn’t look at Jamie, but nodded to her as I passed and continued up the three small steps to the old house.

The rain had stopped, but fog hung thick in the air; the perfect horror movie setting.

Jamie followed me as I ducked inside, her unnaturally colored hair wrapped around her finger as she chattered away.

She and the other girl, I had learned, were not natural born werewolves. They were turned.

Jamie was found nearly beat to death by her abusive boyfriend, and Carla fell in love with Keith and tagged along for the ride.

Females were the easiest to change for some reason, something about the production of cells or something I hadn’t really been paying attention to. I had been more focused on the thoughts of Violet that had, at that point been blocked off to whoever their mind reader was.

Violet was female; which was why it was so impossible for her body to resist that change, and for them to enforce it.

“Jake, Jacob Black listen to me,” Jamie snapped in a huff when I sunk down to my seat. I scowled at her.

I hated the way she said my name, and I hated her calling me Jake. Nicknames, with me, were reserved for friends. “Anyways…” Jamie said, starting to babble on and sitting so she was almost in my lap.

I handled it for about a minute but the second her ass came to close, I literally pushed her away from me.

Leah snickered from across the room, but other than that no one saw, and, with a red face, Jamie stopped over to hold Alex’s hand, where he was leaning against the wall.

I shoved her to the back of my mind after that, keeping my ears open to anything and everything around me, just studying, observing, and waiting as I do best now days.

When I was bored with this, I left, but instead of going home my feet seemed to have a mind of their own as they tugged me to the familiar forest.

I had healed remotely, the wounds from Violet no longer fresh to the point where even her name sent a ripple down my spine.

I subconsciously decided to test my luck.

The path to Violet’s spring was familiar, although I hadn’t been here that much, and not at all recently, this part of my memory was forever etched into my mind. Impossible to get rid of.

Only a short hour had passed, and I was clearing the brush to the place where Violet was stamped more permanently than the strike of lightning on dry brush.

The recollections were still fresh in my mind, and I could access the memories easily, without any conscious sense of doing it.

If I went back to two weeks ago, I could still see her, night swimming with me, her hair sticking to her forehead and flopping past her eyes that were both guarded and happy while her thin undergarments clung to her body, concealed by the water.

The memories of her didn’t hurt so much at the moment, more a dull longing than a sharp sting as they usually were. Maybe because Vi was so engraved here. There was no pain, no goodbyes, and no heartbreak. Y’know the kind that lingers everywhere else she and I were together.

Here, there were only relatively happy memories, the kind I could bare to think without breaking apart into tiny pieces.

It was easy to be where the good memories were, to forget that Violet wasn’t waiting at the Cullen’s right now with an unpredictable mood, or an attitude that could make up for her height.

It was easy to forget that she was who knows where, probably not thinking about me half as much as I thought about her.

It was easy to forget she wasn’t with me right now, and that there was a pack of werewolves back in La Push who had destroyed her life, and wanted her dead at any costs.

Things were so easy to forget when I was alone, in Violet’s spot.

XxX

Three weeks and counting; Violet’s pack has officially admitted that they couldn’t find anything.

You think that would make them leave.

But no, they stayed, Sam welcoming them with open arms, and offering Canto his spare room and the other five his huge couch and floor as they have been using for a while.

I’m surprised Paul didn’t protest, since recently he and the twins haven’t really been getting along, but everyone was just too dazed to say anything, because he just gritted his teeth and took it in silence.

I remember when Sam asked me for advice on whether or not the pack should be allowed, or if we should kick them out.

Everything in me, had begged to make them leave, but I knew the sooner that happened the sooner they would be after Violet again. I let them stay with a heavy heart. The longer they were here also, I hadn’t realized, the longer I would be able to study them, and figure out how exactly it was they changed Violet.

It might have seemed like minor information to some people, but I wanted to know, as to, what exactly these people did to her, since she hated this life so completely.

When I had gone through my transformation, it was the most horrible, most painful thing I had ever experienced. But of course, when I woke up I had voices, there in my head instructing me on what to do and telling what had happened. To keep me from losing it.

Violet had suffered alone.

XxX

Wake up.
Spring.
Emily’s.
Home.
Sleep.
Wake up.
Pack.
Spring.
Home.
Sleep.
Wake up.
Spring.

This was basically the constant pattern that I followed, one day careening into the next and never really seeming to get enough time alone to satisfy me. I was at the spring a lot, thinking about everything and whatever as I used to do at the cliffs, but also, not thinking about anything but Violet.

There were a few times, where I would have to ditch an admirer, since things got complicated.

Jamie was a tag-along now, following me a lot and ignoring every rejection I threw at her. You think she’d have gotten the point but no, she was still just as persistent as in the beginning.

Persistent enough to take away the only thing left in my shitty life I wanted to keep.

XxX

Quiet.

That’s all I heard.

Not a sound.

Not a noise.

It was the most peaceful I’d been in a long time. Too good to be true.

So obviously it had to end right?

“Jaaaaaakkkkkeeyyy,” that nasally irritating voice called, causing my head to snap up while a growl left my lips.

No.

She couldn’t be here.

This was Violet’s spring.

Jamie strolled over, falling down beside me and smirking in a way that she probably thought was pretty seductive, but actually just made me long for Violet more than ever.

Apparently, my growling had just turned her on, and now I was going to have to work twice as hard to get rid of her. I already knew that wouldn’t work out.

“This is a nice place, Im surprised that you were able to find it though, it was hard just following you out here, but I guess it’s worth it. This is so romantic,” she giggled stupidly, edging closer; I cringed away from her.

There was no such thing as romance for me, unless my imprint was involved.

Jamie started to run her hands along my knee, talking about whatever and giving me a headache while her hand was inching up my thigh. Her voice pounded in my ears and I shook visibly, wanting nothing more than to sink my teeth into something in frustration. She didn’t notice.

I couldn’t take anymore, and jumped up. I charged right out of the spring before stomping home.

The only thing Violet and I had left, and one of the same wolves who chased her away from me stole it.