Status: InActive

Capture My Heart

Chapter 21

Ever been arrested? Poppy asked, only barely hiding her boredom.

No, have any piercings and or tattoos? I replied.

My ears, and no, what color are your eyes?

Black, can’t you see them?

Well, yeah but don’t they change color when you shift?

Nope.

That’s weird.

How so?

I don’t know, I mean, so far, everybody I know have eyes that change to a different color when they phase; mine turn grey, my brothers turned blue, its kinda the norm for us.

Huh, now that’s weird.

So bite me.

I can’t reach you.

Really, why not? There was sarcasm laced in her voice. I chuckled once, playing along.

I’m strapped down.

Poppy chuckled too as we continued our ‘twenty’ questions game. I don’t know how we ended up playing, but Poppy was a good distraction and helped keep my mind off the motion sickness, along with everything else.

We had been moving for twelve hours so far, and I was so scared that I’d be loaded off next, to one of the camps Poppy described. All I remembered was a huge concrete block in the middle of the forest.

Yep, that’d work. Poppy thought unenthusiastically. It’s the perfect place to store a bunch of soon-to-die Alphas. We’re so screwed.

I growled at her. Stop being so…pessimistic, it’s gonna make me freak out.

Hmm…I think I’d actually like to see that, you don’t seem like the freaking type.

Keep talking like we’re gonna perish and you can definitely watch my panic attack go down.

We bickered for a while, kinda pointlessly before suddenly a bit of panic shot through me. The rocking of the boat had slowed, and the familiarity of vampires talking was heard. Poppy’s ears flattened against her skull and she was silent too.

We stopped, she thought quietly. I wished I knew how to comfort her, but I was actually terrified right now. Everything that Violet had said about dying came flooding back to the forefront of my mind; impossible to ignore. Footsteps approached, and I heard more words being passed.

We have more than enough room.

Washington? How did you find a werewolf in Washington?

It isn’t like the others: the silver didn’t even affect him. The girl all but died though.


Several voices at once were heard now; arguing from the sound of it. The sweetness of their voices scratched at my eardrums and Poppy’s too.

You have two?

Male and female…even better, do you think they’ve bonded in their time together?

Doesn’t matter; just get them inside before nightfall.


The room was abruptly flooded with sunlight.

New vampires were standing in the opening, one with dark skin and hair, and ruby colored eyes, the other with cherry bomb hair and cerise eyes.

And then the mind gag was in place again and I could care less.

Poppy was cut off, her body struggling somewhat to stay upright before she fell limply to the floor of her harness. I fell a lot sooner.

Shit! I cursed as icy hands dragged me into a new harness. A tighter one. Poppy growled lifelessly, and stirred before she was hit roughly in the head. I snarled at the sight and one of the leeches laughed.

“Aw, look, the mutt’s did bond, you were right Largo.”

The rest of the leeches laughing were the last thing I heard before I slipped into unconsciousness again, and Poppy’s rabid, smoky grey eyes were all I saw before I blacked out.

XxX

I woke up, and I was surprised to see I wasn’t in a harness anymore.

Then I realized why.

Concrete and barbed wire surrounded me on every side, but that wasn’t the only thing. At least seven vampires stood in front of me, one standing in the center of the circle-the only one without a weapon.

“Listen very carefully Were,” the center said droningly. My legs trembled slightly, but I knew attacking him would be a very bad idea.

“You are in inferno lobisomem now, entendeu?”

What language was he speaking? I had no clue, but I didnt speak it, so I only whimpered quietly, a confused look probably on my face so that the leech to his right nudged him.

Another few words I didnt understand was heard before I head them say ‘Washington’ in the mix.

“Ah, and English speaker,” the leader said, “Very well then…”

He stood up straighter, his voice taking on more power. “You, wolf, are in hell. This is your worst nightmare, and if you as much as think about waking up; you will die, slowly.”

“There is no escape from this place, and if you step out of line, you will be punished.” The leech finished.

I was afraid to move…to blink…to breathe; one wrong look and those guns would go off.

I was silent.

The vampire smiled; strikingly white teeth contrasted against an even whiter face.

“Ah, it seems this one is well behaved, he will fit in fine here, take him to the good section.”

Good section? What was that code for something? I didn’t understand, but I didn’t bother to as I one of the vampires gestured for me to follow. I did, wearily keeping pace while passing large areas that looked like arena’s, blocked off rooms and thick doors like those in bank vaults.

My tail was between my legs, and I took in everything while being led through hell.

XxX

I don’t know what was so good about the good section.

The second I got in, I was forced to phase back, to shrug into some loose cotton pants and baggy hand-me-down-shirt.

The last thing I had wanted at the time was to be naked in front of vampires, guy ones, but I was told to behave, and I didn’t want to face the consequences.

So, I did as I was told, putting on the used clothes and being led to a sleeping area where several haggard and hopeless faces greeted me, sizing me up while the tension hung thick in the air from having so many Alphas in the same room together.

I suddenly realized why I wasn’t supposed to be a wolf; the reaction to the instinct was easir to control this way.

There were cots, grimy ones that stacked up, and no place to sit except them. There was one window, so thick that a bullet couldn’t have penetrated it, but that only led to another room, with more wolves in it, females. I could see figures, but not faces; the glass was too dark, tinted for barely any privacy.

I figured that Poppy was probably in there with them, or in another cell that was all the rooms could be described as.

I tried to talk to someone anyone, who spoke English, but they all told me the same things.

There was no escape.

We were underground.

It was all hopeless.

So far, the men in here had also told me that they were being taken. Not all of them, but occasionally someone would be led out, and wouldn’t come back. These were always the wild ones, or the wolves that had suddenly gone crazy. The food here was plenty, but only for our section. The others got left overs I hear, from those who had worked their way to the top.

They had seen it all.

Lower sections had no beds, just blankets that werewolves didn’t need anyways. There were no children here, the youngest wolves being sixteen; Seth’s age.