Status: InActive

Capture My Heart

Chapter 26

There was a bit of whispering passed around in the good section.

New recruits were coming in apparently and depending on how you look at that, it could be good or bad.

Three guys, from the same general area I hear, but the guys are torn between Greenland and Poland so it was hard to consider anything.

They last few people to be moved into our section, had simply been moved up, and no one had been moved out for a while. These new guys were just that – new guys. Their story was completely different.

They started out in the good section, but were transferring to our camp because there wasn’t enough room. We could only imagine the type of changes that it’d bring and I wondered if this was how most of the guys felt when I showed up.

It was something I would never longer be able to judge them for – I understood it now. I was just as concerned as they were, and just as on edge when the threesome was led in at last. It had been only maybe half a day since I'd seen my girls.

They were human and dressed, but not in the ‘official clothes’ with numbers and everything. They wore clothes similar to what I’d worn when first arriving, just baggy sweatpants and cotton shirts that was a deep grey color.

They were all pale, but had distinct dissimilar features that made them stand out against one another. One had black hair, and blue eyes, the others dark eyes and light hair (light brunette and blonde) with opposite body figures. The dark haired guy was tall and muscly while the blonde was tall and skinny and the brunette was short and skinny.

They were completely unrelated.

And I noticed how, everyone here avoided them like the plague.

Even the men who had talked to me turned away from them, and I took it they were just trying to stay out of trouble. They didn’t know how the camp these guys arrived from compared to ours and didn’t know what their good section was like.

They didn’t seem to mind though, getting their bunk assignments a ways into the rows of beds and sitting about and talking in English.

I felt kind of embarrassed with the way everyone was ignoring them, and yet keeping an eye on them at the same time.

I guess manners didn’t apply in a place worse than hell.

I was going to try and get over that though, seeing as it was better to make friends than enemies in a place where you could die at any moment.

Already I had met a bunch of people in here that I knew I could side with in a fight, but then again if it was that or dying I’m pretty sure anyone would’ve done the same.

And it was also hard to say that, when it was so difficult to form relationships with people here. They all seemed to be holding this heavy weight above them from things they’d lost by being imprisoned for a long time.

I don’t know why I cared, but I guess that after being ‘alone’ for so long I just wanted someone to talked to who I wouldn’t see every other day, and I wanted some normalcy.

And to me, I guess talking to people was the first step there, although I was kinda having some side opinions about the whole thing.

It didn’t stop me though as I approached the threesome. I tried to make myself look the least intimidating as I could but it’s hard when your 6’9 and covered in muscles from head to toe. I’m pretty sure that even smiling, would’ve appeared creepy.

So, I kept my face blank until I approached the group, who all looked up at my approached. They hadn’t really but speaking much before, just staring and occasionally muttering to one another.

“Hey,” one guy said, he one with lightish brown hair. He looked like the friendliest of the group, but that didn’t mean much.

“Hi,” I said, timidly, sitting down beside them, a short distance away.

“I guess you’re the hospitality committee,” The black haired said. His voice wasn’t very deep but it was incredibly grumpy.

“I guess I am,” I said, keeping the sarcasm out of my voice. The three guys said nothing but I saw a bit of a smile start on all of their faces.

“I’m Jacob,” I said, getting the introductions out of the way.

I was kind of surprised they responded though instead of saying that their names were actually numbers. I guess I’m just used to numbers, although that was bad.

“I’m Jeremy,” the lightish brown hair said.

“I’m Beck,” the black haired said.

“I’m De’Andre,” the blonde said, which was weird because I never would’ve guessed that it was his name in a million years.

“They’re not so friendly with newcomers are they?” Jeremy asked, wrinkling his nose in distaste. He scowled out at the walls.

I shook my head, “Nah, they mostly just keep to themselves,” I said, looking out at the sea of people who were trying their best to ignore our group.

“Well why don’t you?” Beck asked, lying back on his bed. He reminded me of Quil a little, but with an attitude.

“I guess I’m just sick of not knowing anyone,” I admitted, trying to keep the honesty evident on my features. They seemed to understand, because conversations were actually much easier to have for all of us after that. And although the Alpha tension hung thick in the air, it was actually easy to ignore.

XxX

The guys didn’t disappear to go get their numbers.

Two hours into their arrival, their stuff was dropped off and the vampires waited while they got dressed. That was it.

I guess since they’d already been assigned they didn’t need another welcoming party, and I was somewhat confused by this. I wasn’t sure if it was because they already had numbers, but I was afraid to ask. I didn’t want to offend anyone.

We all seemed to get along just fine, and I was happy to have some people here that I could recognize, and wouldn’t feel too worried about talking to.

I mean, I was still conflicted about the whole thing because they were (Beside Beck who was the same age) older than me, and much more experienced.

If we fought, there was a good chance it could go either way, and I was pretty sure that was what everyone here was thinking.

They were just waiting for a fight, some I think were begging for it. Every wolf wanted to stay under the radar, but they also were looking for entertainment, so it was a win win situation. They could watch whoever started a brawl put themselves under watch and key and let them fade out of attention.

It was a simple desire, but I recognized it, and it sickened me, especially with the fact that once a fight started, I knew the energy in the air would catch and it would turn into an all-out death match until the last wolf was left standing.

Maybe this was what the vampires wanted. They were just keeping us here and toying with us before we took each other out.

But then again maybe the vampires were keeping us here to watch us suffer, I mean, what could I know about how a vamp thinks? Nothing. Nothing at all.

The guys seemed to have some opinions though, and with the way they swore, I wondered how they had ended up in this section at all.

XxX

The guys walked with me out into the yard, and immediately I said goodbye to them, heading out to search for Violet and Poppy.

Last time I had seen them, Violet had agreed to be my friend and Poppy hadn’t really talked to me much.

The pull to Violet dragged me in the right direction and I followed it automatically, not even thinking about it anymore.

Sure enough, Violet was waiting, letting a shy smile cross her face when she saw me, as Poppy did the same. I wondered what they had said to each other in their section, but then again, I may not want to know.

“Hey Jake,” Poppy said, and I leaned up against the wall above both of them.

“Hi Jacob,” Violet, oh excuse me – Farah said.

She wanted to go by that name when we talked the other day, and if that made her happy, I wasn’t going to object.

I smiled down at the both of them, doing the usual greetings and letting myself relax a bit as they both informed me or their ‘boring’ two days without me.

I was happy they were bored in a way, because if they were bored that meant that no one had tried to kill them.

“Jacob,” Poppy said, snapping me out of another trance I’d undergone. She must’ve been really trying to get my attention because she never called me by my full name.

“Who are they?” she asked, pointing discreetly behind me so I turned to see Beck, De’Andre and Jeremy approaching us.

“Hey Jacob,” Beck said, his eyes falling on Farah and Poppy. His eyes stayed on Poppy, and I saw a smirk take over his features while she stared at me.

I can see some drama coming.

“Hey guys,” I said unenthusiastically. They all greeted me, but Beck was still fawning all over Poppy while she talked to him like if he said one more thing she was gonna snap.

After getting her name, he didn’t talk to her anymore and was introduced to Farah/Violet who didn’t smile since they’d arrived.

It was somewhat of an awkward silence that ensued after, but I ignored it, talking to both groups until I didn’t have to anymore.

The reason I didn’t have to was because a loud whistle – not a real one but an impersonation rang through the air making our whole group jump.

We all turned to see what was causing the noise, and what we saw made us so shocked that the awkwardness broke in the air.

“Their having races,” Beck said, his head cocked to the side to see several people running through the crowd I hadn’t noticed had cleared.

“Ooh, I wanna race,” Poppy said excitedly, jumping up to join the group. I smiled after her, the guys and Violet doing the same. We knew she would win against whoever raced her.

It was nice to see my friend had found a bit of normalcy for herself in this place.