Status: Completed

To This Day I'm Asking Why I Think About You

(Introduction told in Trunks' point of view)

There’s many ways this story could begin. I could write about Goten and I as children, and how well we got along.

Back in those days I was probably the unfair one, who was selfish and only thought of themselves. It was partially my father’s fault, spending so much time training with him; I was going to pick up a lot of his personality at such a young and influential stage of my life.

However, my mum was to blame too. She spoilt me rotten, which contributed to my cockiness.
Goten was the nice one. He lived a simple life, with a widowed mother looking after two sons with no income. He was a nice kid, very polite too.

As we got older the ends began to switch. I started to become a little more kind and compassionate towards others, while Goten began to get a little cocky. The changes began during middle school, before we met her.

When we met her, that’s when the story began. So maybe that’s where I should start off.
We all attended Orange Star Primary School together. However, we never spoke to her. We always saw her around, but we were never close enough to hold a conversation. All I knew that her name was Bree Anderson.

Things changed once we got to Orange Star High School. Goten and I were walking around the corner from the school so we could both fly back to my house. As we approached where we usually kick off, we noticed a strange scene in front of us. One of the girls in year 12 was trying to pick a fight with Bree, who was in year 7 like us.

We were about to intervene, but Bree was capable of taking on this senior girl. Within moments of the senior girl trying to land a punch, Bree had kicked her in the stomach, and then kicked her side when she was down.

She then grinned, spotted us and approached both Goten and I. She claimed that she had rejected the senior girl’s brother when he asked her on a date, and the senior girl took it upon herself to get revenge.

Then out of nowhere, Bree offered for Goten and I to hang out at her house that afternoon. Like me, she also lived in West City. She said that she didn’t attend Senior High was because Orange Star had a better reputation.

From that day on, Bree Anderson became part of our group and one of our best friends. I also had a mad crush on Bree Anderson. Goten didn’t. I actually remember a conversation he had with someone when he was 14. He remarked about how ‘yuck’ Bree was. The person then was surprised and said ‘aren’t you friends with her?’ Goten then replied ‘she’s a good friend, but nothing more. She’s disgusting’

I stayed quiet, even though I wanted to defend Bree badly. I didn’t want anybody to know I had a crush on one of my best friends. It was better that way; I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. Goten had a big mouth, and I knew if he found out he would instantly tell her.

As time went on, things began to change. My crush on Bree got stronger as I got to know her better and got closer to her. I even began to get closer to Bree than I was with Goten. We spent a lot more time together, and this is the stage where Goten was becoming a ladies man, and spent more time on dates than with his friends.

But other things were changing too.

When we first met Bree, she wasn’t the ideal girl. She was a big tomboy, and her clothing style was a cross between punk and emo. Throughout primary school she was a cute girl, with long golden brown hair. But at the beginning of high school she changed. When we first became friends her hair was styled into a red faux hawk.
Between the ages of 14 to 16 she drastically changed. She let her hair grow out, and stopped dying it at 16. She lost a little bit of puppy fat that she had, which caused up her acne problem. She then began to dress differently too.

By the age of 16, she was a girl with nice flowing long golden brown hair, a perfect hourglass figure and pretty features on her face.

But with her new found good looks, came the array of boys chasing after her. Even though her appearance had changed, she was still the Bree Anderson we knew with the same personality. Her looks didn’t go to her head. She was a shy girl, who had difficulties in turning people down and asking people to leave her alone.

To begin with, I was the one who chased away any boy with intentions of using Bree. We were completely best friends by then, with Goten nearly out of the picture. Most boys would instantly run away and never look back once I intervened.

But the worst boy to hassle Bree came at the completely wrong time.

When I was 17, Dad wanted me to start training again. So him and mother compromised. I’d attend school during the day, and train at night and during the weekend. I had no say in it, and there was no way to change my Dad’s mind once it was set.

During my intensive training, Goten and Bree became closer, kind of like how Bree and I got close once Goten started ditching us.

When Bree and Goten were close, Bree got a really bad stalker. He’d constantly show up at her home and our school, begging to see Bree. He threatened to do many things to her, and was infatuated with her. It was Goten who got rid of him, not me.

I wasn’t even there to comfort her once everything blew over. Goten was there for her, not me.
I could easily see my worst fear coming true, and it did. Goten finally began to take an interest in Bree, and she returned the feelings. Not long after, they were together
.
And I was nearly nothing to her. We weren’t even close friends anymore. Now I have to deal with them both nearly everyday of my life.