Status: Complete

Steel city calls

I still feel something for you

It didn’t take long to get to the airport. I paid the driver and got my luggage. As I walked into the airport, I huffed to myself. My luggage weighted a ton and I had some difficulty pulling it after me. Yet, I felt excitement bubble in the pit of my stomach, as I stepped up in front of the ticket desk.
‘Good evening, miss. How can I help you?’ A girl, not older than me, smiled as she looked up from her computer.
‘Hey, I’d like to ge’ a ticke’ to Sheffield.’ I gave a curt smile and watched as the girl looked at her computer, searching if there were any flights.
‘You’re lucky. There’s a flight to Sheffield in less than an hour and a half.’ I beamed at her answer and opened my wallet.
‘I’m buying that ticket.’ I grinned and slid the money on the counter.
While the girl printed out my ticket, I took a moment to look around. It was a bit past 5 in the morning, but the airport was still bustling with people.
‘Here’s your ticket. Have a nice flight.’ I looked at the girl, as she slid my ticket and change to me. I put the change in my pocket and after grabbing my ticket I gave away my luggage and bid the girl ‘farewell’. I trudged slowly through the airport and found my gate without much difficulty. I sat down on one of the benches and took out my passport, then I texted Matt, telling him that I was going to be in Sheffield in 9 hours.
There was a bit more than half an hour left until the flight. The gates were supposed to be opened soon. As I waited, someone sat down beside me and cleared their throat. I looked up and found a young man watching me.
‘Hey there.’ He smiled and I gave a polite smile. I honestly wasn’t interested in what he had to tell me. Normally, I would have liked meeting someone new, but I wasn’t feeling in the mood right now.
‘Hi.’ I gave a short answer and looked down at my ticket. I wanted to get to Sheffield. I wanted to finally see Matt. I smiled at that thought.
‘I’m Devon.’ The man stuck out his hand for me to shake. I looked at his hand and then at him. Was my face too hard to read?
‘Payton.’ I shook his hand and felt myself get a bit annoyed. If he thought I wanted company, or considered him attractive, then I was going to prove him wrong.
‘Nice to meet you. So, are you from New York?’ He gave me a charming smile, and I grit my teeth.
You see, I was a stubborn lad and I tended to get annoyed over little things. I could start screaming, if someone angered me enough, or I could even start throwing punches. Besides that, I thought that I had an okay attitude. I knew when to be polite and when to bring out my bitchy attitude. I was friendly and I always wanted to meet new people, but I also had times when I didn’t want to meet someone new. I loved hanging out with friends, but I also loved being alone. Now, I wanted to be completely alone.
‘No, I ain’t from New York.’ I answered shortly, looking at the few stewardesses, who started getting ready for opening the gate.
‘Then you must be from Sheffield?’
He wasn’t getting the hint. I clutched my hand and sighed.
‘Maybe.’ I answered, as I stood up and grabbed my backpack. Maybe this would tell him that I’m not interested?
‘Then from where? You seem like an interesting person. I would like to get to know you.’ I threw a glance at Devon and shrugged my shoulders.
‘From nowhere. Look, I appreciate you trying to talk to me, but I have no intentions on letting you know something more about me.’ Devon looked surprised, before he coughed nervously.
‘Sorry, for coming off so… straight-forward. I wasn’t trying to.’ He gave a shy smile and I nodded my head.
‘I’m not looking for new friends right now. I just want to get to Sheffield.’ The gates opened and I gave a curt nod to Devon and went to one of the stewardesses. I gave her my ticket, she looked at my passport and I was off to the plane. I found my seat easily and sat down. The people piled in and soon I found out that Devon was sitting beside me. I scowled at that. He tried to talk to me, but I ignored him completely.
The airplane soon took off and I found myself dozing off. I felt into light sleep, only awaking a few times to go to the loo. The last time I awoke was when the plane landed and I was shook awake. I grabbed my bag and left the plane, without looking at Devon, who seemed like he wanted to talk to me. I managed to get my luggage without any interruptions and I exited the airport.
‘Hey, Payton!’ I turned around and rolled my eyes when I saw that it was Devon, who was calling me. He didn’t take no for an answer, did he?
‘Look, I know that you said you didn’t want me to get to know you, but I thought you could reconsider that.’ He gave me a smile and I slumped my shoulders. He was persistent and that annoyed me.
‘Payton!’ I heard someone call my name and I turned my head, immediately spotting Matt. Saved by my best-friend.
‘No way in hell am I reconsiderin’.’ I told Devon, as I grabbed my luggage and started walking towards Matt. I grinned, as he jogged up to me. I dropped my luggage and fell into his arms. Immediately, my heart went into over-drive and I felt heat crawling up my neck. My knees turned into jello and I was sure that I would be on the ground, if I wasn’t in Matt’s embrace.
‘Pay… You ‘ave definitely changed a lo’.’ He chuckled into my hair, as I took in his scent. He always smelled nice and that always made me swoon. He always had a strange effect on me…
Matt finally released me and I took a step back and looked at his face. He was still as cute as ever. He had cut his hair and his eyes were still very adorable. He was the same boy that I have grown to love…
‘You ‘ave changed too.’ I grinned up at him and he chuckled.
‘No’ as much as yeh. Now, lets go, Pay. The guys wan’ teh see yeh.’ Matt grabbed my luggage before I could and started walking. I followed him, smiling like I had just won the lottery. I was beyond happy, because it seemed that only yesterday I left Sheffield for New York and now, here I was. I was back for good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, another chapter. |: I can't say I'm particularly happy with this one, but it'll do for now.
Advices and tips on how to write an english accent is appreciated! I really need to improve...
Thanks for reading! <3