Status: Hiatus

Out Like a Cigarette

12

Jace’s POV

It was the day after our date and I wanted to call Anya, but I didn’t want to appear desperate. Or clingy. I had the feeling that she would resist admitting her feelings, so I’d have to be careful not to push her. But thinking about how open and… Well, human she was last night just made it all the worse.

She was too difficult. She better be worth this… Which, if I am honest, she may not be.

I sat there thinking about everything for another hour, at least, before my phone started buzzing. I go to answer, seeing on the caller ID that it was my old friend Mike. “What’s up, man?”

“Hey, dude, wanna go skating? Been forever since we chilled and shit. Plus, got news.” He says fairly briefly.

“Yeah, sounds good. See ya in ten.” I say, hanging up after I hear a sound of agreement. I quickly get up, pulling on some pants over my boxers, shove on a shirt and shake my head to fix my hair. I run out of the house, grabbing my skateboard, a poptart and keys before skating to the park. I never drove there, it was close enough and gave me time to warm up before wiping the floor with Mike’s ass since I was that much better than him. It was great. He was honestly the only person I didn’t mind being mean to. It was fun, and I never dished out when I didn’t get back. It was the rule between us.

“Finally man, what the hell took so long!? It been fucking weeks since we last talked, let alone chilled! What’s up with you ditching your best friend for a bunch of new kids?” He asked.

“Sorry dude, they’re pretty awesome. The girl is different though. We went on a date, but if you spread that around I’ll cut off your balls.” I say with a wink.

“You just want a reason to grab my dick. We can do that later. Anyway, she’s super-hot, but scares the shit outta everyone. Is she as scary in private?”

“Dunno, she is hard to figure out. But it never gets old.” I tell him.

“Yeah. That guy with her is really hot, too, I’d tap that.” Mike was openly bi-sexual or something. He would do anyone attractive, smart and tolerable. And he has pretty much done every one under that category that he could.

“Too much information. Anyway, let’s get this started.” I say, and we head off towards the ramps.

We skate around some, doing stupid stuff to show the other up and everything. I would definitely be going home with a bruised ass. Mike was laughing and bleeding a bit from a particularly nasty fall, but nothing serious. We were getting pizza to fill up after a few hours and just sitting and talking, Mike being that loud teenager old people glare at. It was fun, more than I’ve had since almost getting killed. Thinking about that, though, led me to thinking about Anya. Then I started thinking about our date. Then I was thinking about how hot she looked when her shirt got wet. How it hugged her body perfectly, showing off just enough but not too much so that there is plenty left to the imagination and make you want more. Then I had a major minor problem.

“Dude. You look like you have a boner.” Mike informs me, trying very hard to keep a straight face, and it wasn’t working. At all.

“Uhm, I was thinking…”

“I noticed. Now, I know I am sexy and all, but you gotta at least wait ‘till we’re alone.” He tells me with a wink. That gets me laughing enough to start chocking. Not fun.

“Actually, I was thinking about my date with Anya and when her shirt got wet and clung to her every curve.” I tell him, and his eyes got big.

“Dude, now I am getting a hard on. Is her body as nice as it seems? Like, it looks like she has a rockin’ bod from what you can tell from her clothes.” He says, and I nod.

“Yeah, she’s absolutely perfect.” I say.

“Whoa, man, you’re getting pretty deep there. You might wanna step back and not get so attached.” He tells me, chewing.

“Yeah, probably wise, but I’m already in too deep so it won’t make a difference.” I say, shrugging.

“Yeah, right. Anyway, your dick down?”

“Yeah, been down since you started talking about us waiting ‘till later. Turned me right off.” He snorts and rolls his eyes.

“’Kay, whatever. You know you want me.” He tells me, winking before standing up and getting a take home box thing for the rest of the pizza so we could leave.

I was still kind of wary of walking with him because I had no clue if it would get him into this shit, but at this point I kind of didn’t care. He could take care of himself and I am sure since he isn’t with Anya or Jake that it’ll be fine. Hopefully.

We continued walking home chatting, switching the pizza in between us since we had to carry our boards. He decided he was staying the night and my parents were thrilled to see him, saying how they missed their second son. We hung out with them in the living room for a bit, watching TV and making fun of each other. It was… Great. It made me realize how much I had been giving up to hang out with Jake and Anya, how much I’ll have to give up because of them. No, it’s not because of them; it’s because of those other people.

“Hey, let’s go up. I wanna watch porn.” Mike said, earning a bout of laughter from my dad, a smack on the head from me and a look from my mom before she was laughing as well. Seriously, if I ever said that in front of them I would probably get grounded. Ten bucks they love him more.

“Good luck. I don’t keep that at home.” I tell him, getting a whine from him and laughter from my parents, but it was a bit more awkward. “You’re right, let’s go up. I don’t want to stay down here anymore after that…”

We get up about to go to my room when there was a knock at the door. Panicking slightly on the inside I calming saunter over to the door and answer it, only to see Jake and Anya on the other side.

“Dude, who’s it?” Mike asks, crowding behind me to see. I hear him make a soft sound of satisfaction when he sees who it was.

“Uh, sorry if we’re interrupting something…” Jake says, trailing off. He glanced at me

“We-” I start, but Mike cuts me off.

“It’s good, man. We were just about to go chill upstairs, you guys wanna join?” Mike offers. Damn kid was hoping to get some.

“Sure. Thanks, dude. I’m Jake, you go to school with us, right?” Jake asks, smiling.

“Yeah. We all got calc together, but Jace here,” He slaps my back and a thud sounds with a groan soon following, “is a douche and just, like, didn’t introduce us. But, hey, what can you do.”

“Ha, yeah, very true. Anyway, this is Anya. Ignore any attitude from her, she’s pretty feisty.” Jake jokes, but not really.

Mike and I step to the side and allow Jake and Anya to entre, which they did, Jake and Mike continuing to talk and laugh. They were really hitting it off, if I didn’t know better I’d say they were flirting but Jake doesn’t roll that way. I think…

“Hey, is Jake bi?” I ask Anya as quietly as possible.

“No idea. Probably.” She told me, shrugging.

“Oh…”

We all head up to my room and have a crazy time, so much so that even Anya smiles a bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, sorry this is so late. Kinda. Later than it was supposed to be.
Anyway, please comment or something and let me know how you feel about this story.