Status: Hiatus

Out Like a Cigarette

Read the Authors Note

Anya’s POV

As much fun as it was to hang out with the Mike kid and how well he and Jake got on together the other night at Jace’s house we made Jace promise to tell us when he was hanging out with Mike so that we didn’t. Under no circumstances would we be linked to that kid, but if we weren’t around him then he should be fine. We were almost positive that Jace chilling with him alone would be fine.

“So, about Jace…” Jake starts as he walks back into my room after going to get a snack. He was still naked from our bout of fun half an hour ago or so and I was just flicking through channels on the TV.

“What about him? Careful what you say, you did just fuck me.” I say, earning a chuckle from him. How he can laugh about things like that I will never know.

“Well, I know he like you and you like him, and I know that he wants to go out again and you do, too. You and I are going to stop this, for you and Jace and for me and this person I like. I’d feel bad doing you while we both like others, but when we move on it’ll be fine.” He said, completely sure.

“So, since ‘we both’-” I say with air quotes around both- “are developing feelings for others we are going to cool it on the sex until we are done with the others?” I finish the summary, making sure I understood him right. Usually he wouldn’t give up the sex even if he was in a relationship. We are just sluts when it comes to each other, but that’s okay.

“Yeah.”

“Weird, but whatever. I’ll just wait for you since I have no feelings to get over, anyway.”

“Whatever, sweetie. You do and you know it.” He challenges. This sparks a silent argument that doesn’t end, even when we go to pick up Jace for something or other. I just drove; never really paid attention to where we were. When Jace got in the car he noticed the silence, but just of shrugged it off and talked to us one at a time when he figured out we weren’t talking to each other.

“Turn here, I gotta go pee.” Jake finally speaks. Just to piss him off I pass the turn, which did end up enraging him. As Jace laughs, and Jake whines and yells, I just stare straight ahead.

Something was different.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long and it's so short
Thank you for support and comments and all that
Please read this. It explains my absence and why I am now officially on a hiatus.