‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

New Friends and Scary Clowns

Everyone ignored Brian's now angry mood. I tried not to let it bother me but it did. I didn't like knowing that Brian was angry at me. Thankfully, we changed the subject to a happier matter. Talking about Kaylie, how they were so happy that we finally came back to them. The front door shutting and Bella ran to the door, barking loudly as she went to greet whoever stopped by.

"Shads? Val? Guys?" A male's voice echoed through the house.

A man with long brown hair and a beard to match came around the corner and into the kitchen, Bella jumping around him as she wagged her tail happily.

"Mike, man! What are you doing here?" Matt greeted him, man hugging.
"Thought I'd stop by to see what you guys were up to, seeing as everyone's here." He smiled, his eyes landing on mine. "And who might this beautiful, young lady be?" He nodded my way. I blushed as Brian glared at him.
"That's Ellie. My little sister." Matt smiled over at me. I returned his smile.
"Hello, Ellie." Mike smiled, holding out his hand. I took it. "I'm Mike. Mike Portnoy."
"Hi, Mike. Nice to meet you." I gave him a dimpled smile.
"Likewise." He grinned as he gave a nod. "Wow, you really are beautiful." He complimented.
"Thank you." I blushed.
"What's wrong with you?" Mike asked, looking at Brian. Brian shook his head.
"Nothing. Good to see you, man." He said. Mike nodded.
"Same. How's you and Michelle?" I tensed at her name. Brian shrugged.
"The usual." Mike made an 'Oh' face and looked back at me.
"Mommy!" I heard Kaylie cry out.
"Be right back." I said before running up the stairs where my crying daughter was. I busted through the door and cradled my crying daughter in my arms, stroking the back of her head. "It's all right, Kay. Mommy has you now. Did you have a bad dream?" I asked. She nodded, pulling back to look at me with tear filled eyes. "Wanna tell me about it?"
"The..the scawy cwown..he was chasin me. He want me to go in the cwoset." She sniffed. I hugged her.
"You tell that clown that if he makes you go into that dark closet again, he better start running. Because your Mommy is going to kick his bubble butt." I told her. She giggled, wiping away a tear.
"And Daddy too, wight?" She asked. I nodded.
"Yes, and Daddy too." She grinned.
"I wanna see Daddy." She asked softly.
"Okay, let's go get Daddy." I picked her into my arms and carried her into the kitchen, where everyone was still standing around as Val cooked something up.
"There she is." Brian smiled.
"Daddy." Kaylie reached out for Brian, he took her into his arms right away as he kissed her cheek. She placed her head in the crook of his neck, her tiny fingers playing with his hair.
"You all right, kiddo?" Brian asked her. She nodded.
"Uh huh. You going to hewlp Mommy kick the scawy cwown's bubble butt, wight Daddy?" Kaylie asked him. Brian chuckled.
"Yes. Daddy will help Mommy kick the scary clown's bubble butt."
"Daddy?" Mike asked, looking between me and Brian. "You have a daughter?" Brian and I nodded.
"Yeah, I'm a Dad." Brian smirked my way. I smiled back.
"With you?" Mike looked my way.
"Yeah. Ellie and I have a daughter together. This is our little girl, Kaylie." Brian introduced Kaylie to Mike. Mike smiled.
"She looks so much like her mother. But has your eyes, Syn." Mike said, smiling at Kaylie. "Hi, Kaylie. I'm your Daddy's friend, Mike." Kaylie hid her face in Brian's neck. Everyone chuckled.
"Sorry, Mike. She just woke up from a nightmare." I apologized. He shook his head with a smile.
"It's fine. I probably look scary to her then." He chuckled. "Hell, I'd be scared of me too. How old is she?"
"She's 3 years old." Brian said, handing her over to Matt. "Come outside with me." He said in my ear.
"Excuse us for a sec, Mike." I smiled before following after Brian.

As I followed Brian, I overheard Zacky humming the death march. I flipped him off without looking behind me, then heard someone smack him. Earning a few chuckles and Kaylie's giggle as he whined like a little child. I laughed as I went outside, Brian holding the door open for me.