‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Daddy to the Rescue

I hung up on Ellie and threw my guitar onto the floor, jumping from my seat to grab my shit. The guys watched me carefully from their spots. Their gazes pissing me off.

"What the fuck are you looking at like that?!" I yelled.
"Dude, relax. What's going on?" Shads asked.
"I need to go to your place. Right now." I told him, searching for my car keys. "Where the fuck are my keys?!"
"They're on your belt loop." Zacky pointed. I nodded towards him.
"What's going on at my house? Is Ellie okay? What about Kay?" Shads grabbed my shoulder before I was out the door. His face worried.
"Kay's really sick right now. And Ellie's freaking out. I need to go. My family needs me." I told him and ran out the door.

I ran towards my truck and wasted no time getting it started, the engine roared to life and soon I was speeding down the roads. Ignoring those I cut off, blocking out their car horns, their screams, and their fingers. My mind was one of an insane man right now. All I could think about was my little girl. My sick little girl. I pulled out front of Shads's place and jumped out of the truck, leaving the door wide open as I ran out. I busted through the front door and ran up the stairs where I could hear my girls crying. The sight before me broke my heart. My girl holding our little girl in her arms, both of them crying their eyes out. Kaylie cried, begging for the pain to go away.

"Babe, let's go. We have to take Kay to the hospital." I told Ellie, not tearing my gaze away from Kay. She looked beyond sickly.

Ellie nodded and held Kaylie close to her, holding the trashcan close to Kaylie. I held the door as Ellie buckled Kaylie in her car seat. Once buckled in, we got into the front of the car. I held onto Ellie's hand as I drove, I could see how much this was affecting her. She wouldn't stop fidgeting. We pulled into the Huntington Hospital's parking lot and rushed into the emergency room, I held onto Kaylie as we ran in.

"Someone, help us!" Ellie yelled out. "Please!"

The nurses surrounded us, taking Kaylie out of my arms and placing her on a gurney. I didn't like that very much. It brought bad images to my mind. Images I never wanted to see. I held onto Ellie as we waited in the waiting room, we were here for over an hour or 2 with no news about Kaylie. Ellie and I haven't said a word since we brought Kay in here. Both our minds in the same place, worried over our little girl. Shads and the guys came walking in the waiting room. Shads knelt in front of Ellie, his eyes worried over his little sister.

"Have we heard anything about Kaylie, yet?" He asked. We shook our heads.
"No. They said they're still running tests." Ellie said, emotionless as she stared off into space. I placed my arm around her.

Shads nodded and started pacing the floors in front of us. Johnny sat in one of the chairs with his head in his hands. Zacky leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, staring down at his feet. Ellie leaned her head against my shoulder and I kissed her head placing my head on top of hers. Linking our hands together as we all waited for the news on Kaylie.