‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Even in Death

I silently walked by the doctors and nurses that hovered over my goddaughter, hooking her up with millions of tubes she did not need. She was a strong little girl, just like her parents. I decided to stay against the wall since trying to see her wasn't working out all too good right now, the doctor with the huge head constantly got in my damn way. I crossed my arms over my chest as I waited them to finish up with my goddaughter, taking longer than they originally should. They really knew how to set my teeth on edge, didn't they?

"Dr. Hudrick, she's all set up now." The nurse said. Dr. Bighead nodded.
"Go get her parents. They can see her if they wish too."
I rolled my eyes. "Dude, why wouldn't they want to see their little girl? Who do you take them for?" I said even though they couldn't hear me.

Once it was just Dr. Bighead and one tiny nurse left in the room, I pushed off the wall and walked over to Kaylie's bed. Frowning over her as I placed my hand on her forehead, she seemed so small and helpless here. I mean, yeah, she's going to be small. She's only 3 for crying out loud! But that's not the point. Her heart monitor was beeping at an easy pace, that calmed me down a bit. I still didn't like her here. I pressed my lips to her forehead.

"Mommy and Daddy will be here, Kaylie. I won't leave your side." I whispered against her forehead. Her eyes fluttered open, her brown eyes meeting my blue ones. I smiled. She looked over at the doctor and the nurse, her eyes widening.
"Kaylie!" Syn and Ellie busted into the room, followed closely behind by Shads, Zacky and Johnny.
"Mommy! Daddy!" Kaylie reached for them. I stepped out of the way as Ellie ran and hugged her daughter, tears trickling down her face.
"Oh, baby. You had us so scared." Ellie said softly.
"I sowy, Mommy." Kaylie frowned. Syn placed a kiss on her forehead.
"It's alright now, Kay." He hugged her next. I placed my hand on Ellie's shoulder.
"Mr. Haner? Ms. Sanders?" Dr. Bighead called, looking up from his clipboard.
"Yes?" Syn and Ellie said at the same time.
"We checked Kaylie and found out why she was so sick. Don't worry, she is absolutely fine. More than fine, actually." He smiled down at Kay. "She only just had a rare virus in her system. We gave her some medication and she's much better now, as you can see. She can go home as soon as I get her papers and you sign them."
"Thank you, Dr. Hudrick." Ellie sighed, smiling. Syn pulled her against his chest, kissing the top of her head. I grinned at the two.
"You're welcome, Ms. Sanders. I'll be back with the papers." He nodded before leaving the room.
"I awl better?" Kaylie asked. Everyone nodded.
"That you are, kiddo." Shads grinned. Kaylie returned the smile, yawning.
"Go to sleep, sweetie. We're not going anywhere." Syn said, smiling down at her.

Kaylie yawned as she shut her eyes, falling asleep not too long after. I smirked as I walked up beside Johnny while everyone chatted. It's been a while since I messed with the gnome, and being that he can't see me will be great. Seeing that for some reason he wore his sunglasses, I pulled them off his face and dropped them onto the floor.

"Dude, what the?" Johnny said, reaching down to pick up his sunglasses.
"How the hell did you do that?" Zacky asked, chuckling. Johnny shrugged. I laughed, walking over towards Zacky.
"That's just weird." Shads said. I tickled the inside of Zacky's ear, making him slap his ear.
"What the fuck is going on?!" He grumbled, looking around him. I laughed harder.
"I think Jimmy's playing tricks on you guys." Ellie giggled.
"It is something he would do, we all know that." Syn chuckled beside her.

I laughed as everyone nodded in agreement. Making little jokes about me using my "ghostly powers" to my advantage to torment them. They knew me so well. My friends. My family. Even in death, we were all so close to one another. Funny how death still didn't tear us apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe :D