‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Good News? Or Bad News?

"Holy shi...shiznets!" Zacky yelled, his smile lighting up his whole face as he saw me walk in. I was thankful he didn't curse in front of my daughter. "Ellie Bellie?"
"Hey, Zackers!" I grinned, I loved seeing his amazing green eyes sparkle. "Love the red hair." I commented as Zacky ran up to me, hugging me tightly and then looking at Kaylie. A gentle smile appearing on his face.
"Thanks. And who's this pretty little girl?" He asked. Kaylie smiled, reaching for Zacky which kind of surprised me. She's usually very shy around new people. Zacky took her into his arms.
"I'm Kaywie." She greeted him. Matt, Zacky and I softly laughed at her. She was too adorable.
"Hello, Kaylie. I'm Zacky." He greeted her. She lightly touched his cheeks.
"My mommy's Zacky? The twouble maker?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side, her long brown hair covering some of her face. Matt and I laughed at Zacky.
"Mommy?" Zacky asked, looking at me now. I bit my lip as I nodded.
"She's my daughter, Zack." I told him. His mouth dropped.
"Uncle Zacky?" Kaylie tapped her tiny hand on his cheek. Zacky looked back at Kaylie, the smile never leaving his face.
"What is it, sweetie?"
"I want ice cweam." She pouted. Zacky looked over at me.
"Not right now, Kay. You need to eat lunch first." I told her. She crossed her little arms as she pouted. Zacky and Matt bursted into laughter.
"Dude, she's definitely your daughter with that face." Zacky laughed.
"She has your attitude, no doubt about it." Matt laughed. Kaylie giggled along with them, though I was pretty sure she didn't understand why we were all laughing. "And her Mommy's laugh."
"Don't hate on my kid because she's adorable like her Mom." I stuck my tongue out at them.
"Do my ears deceive me? Ellie?" I heard Val say as she bounded down the stairs. I grinned as I saw her standing on the last step.
"Val!" I yelled, smiling widely.
"Ellie!" She yelled back, running towards me. We hugged each other tightly, talking so fast that no one could understand a word we were saying. Not even us. "Oh my God! Look at you! You're even more beautiful from when I last saw you!" Val lightly touched my hair. "And your hair is a lot darker."
"Thanks, Val. You're gorgeous as always." I grinned. "I know, my hair gets darker when it gets close to winter time. It will get lighter again during the spring, just you watch." I told her. She smiled and pulled me in for another hug.
"I'm so glad you're here. I missed you like crazy, sister." She sighed.
"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" I yelled smacking my forehead with my palm. "The wedding! I missed your wedding! Val, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." I frowned. Val giggled softly.
"It's fine, Ellie. I understand why you couldn't make it."
"I'll make it up to you somehow, I promise." I told her. She just smiled and rolled her eyes, then looked over at Zacky who still held Kaylie in his arms.
"Awe. Who's this pretty little girl?" Val cooed. Kaylie smiled. "She looks so much like you, Ellie." Matt and Zacky laughed. "What?" Val asked, confused. I giggled.
"Val, you really are a dumb blond. You know that?" I laughed as I went to kiss Kay's cheek. "Val, I want you to meet Kaylie. My daughter."
"Ellie, she's beautiful." Val gasped. "Hi, Kaylie." Val smiled. Kaylie's dimples appeared on her little face as she smiled.
"Hi, Auntie Val." Kaylie greeted.
"Awe. She's so cute. And has the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen." Val smiled.
"Thank you." I grinned, looking at my daughter.
"Where's her father?" Val asked. I bit my lip.
"Sorry I'm sooo-Oh my God!" Johnny yelled as he walked in. The same shocked yet excited expression of Zacky and Matt plastered on his face as well.
"Hey, Johnny dearest." I ran up to him, hugging him tightly. His arms wrapped around my waist.
"Ell Bells, you look great." He breathed out.
"Thanks. What did you think I would look like? A zombie?" We laughed.
"That would be pretty fu..fudging rad, you got to admit." Zacky said, correcting himself once again.
"Who's that?" Johnny pointed. All eyes were on Kaylie, she hid her face in Zacky's chest.
"This is Kaylie." I said, rubbing her back. "My daughter."
"You..you got a kid now?" Johnny asked. I nodded. "When did this happen?"
"This happened 3 years ago. After I left." I told Johnny.
"Where's her Daddy?" He asked.
"Where's my Slim Jim? When's he getting here?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips. Everyone became really silent, looking at their feet as they bit down on their lips. "What? Is everything okay? What's going on?"
"Ell, I'm so sorry to tell you this." Matt held me in his arms. "Jimmy, he..he passed away recently. He's gone, Ellie." Matt said, sullenly. Tears came pouring down my face as I shook my head violently.
"No..No...No..No...NO!" I yelled, crying. "That's a sick joke, Matt! He..he can't be..he just can't!" I cried. Matt's arms just tightened around me as I cried it all out on his chest for what felt like forever.
"Mommy?" Kaylie called softly after I finally stopped crying. I turned to her, wiping away the tears. Though I knew they were far from done. I know I would be crying over the loss of my best friend tonight.
"Yes, sweetie?"
"Do you have a boo boo?" She frowned. I smiled slightly, nodding.
"Yes, baby. Mommy got a boo boo." I held up my thumb. Kaylie grinned as she leaned away from Zacky to kiss my thumb.
"There. I make it awwwwllllll better, Mommy." Kaylie smiled, her chocolate brown eyes glittering. I smiled, kissing her cheek.
"Thank you, sweetie. I love you." I told her, moving a lock of her hair behind her ear.
"I wove you too, Mommy." Everyone awed. Kaylie giggled as she rested her head against Zacky's chest.
"Kay, why don't you get down for a bit? Uncle Zacky's arms are probably hurting from holding your bubble butt." I smiled, patting her bum lightly. Kaylie stuck her tongue out at me. Something she must have gotten from her father. Since I would never do such a thing.
"She's fine, Ell Bell." Zacky assured me.
"Zacky, it's all right to put her down. She does get heavy after a while." I told him. He just shook his head, bouncing Kaylie in his arms. Kay started laughing, already loving her Uncle Zacky.
"Hey, Ellie? Can you help me get these drinks set up?" Val asked, heading into the kitchen.
"Sure, here I come." I skipped to her side.

Well, 3 down so that means 1 more to go. This would get interesting....