‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

We're Having a Baby

I lifted my hand to rub my eyes as they tried to open but failed at doing so. The sound of water splashing around me made them snap open right away. The feeling of my pruny hands and feet making me feel sick to my stomach. I looked down to see myself laying naked in the bathtub. I sat up quickly, my eyes widened as I thought of myself falling asleep in the tub. I could have died! Not only would I have died, but my unborn baby! How..how...I glanced to my left to see Brian sitting on the toilet seat, his head resting on his clasped hands. Watching me.

"How do you feel?" He asked.
I sat up more. "Better. Thank you."
He nodded, grabbing a towel. "You gave me a heart attack nonstop. You kept sinking into the tub. I would've taken you out but you were still ice cold." He explained, helping me out of the tub.
"Sorry." I apologized as he wrapped the towel around me.
He sighed. "No. I'm sorry. Ellie, I'm so sorry. I do want this baby. It just took me by surprise, that's all. I wasn't expecting this so soon."
"Neither did I, Bri. But it's happening. We're having a baby." I told him.
He smirked, placing both his hands on my stomach. "Yeah. We're having a baby." He smiled, looking up into my eyes.
I placed my hands on top of his. "You think we're going to have another girl?"
"With my luck, probably." He chuckled, rubbing my stomach. "I hope we have a boy this time."
I rested my head against his chest. "In 7 months, we'll have our child."
"7? You're 2 months along?" He quirked a black eyebrow. "How do you know?"
"I was pregnant before, Brian. This is how I was 2 months along with Kaylie."
"Right." He nodded.
"Nervous?"
He smirked. "Hell yeah."
"Don't be. You have the easy job." We laughed.
"Keeping my baby momma happy? Easy for you." He grinned.
I rolled my eyes. "Then you push a baby out of your crotch for hours on end."
"Know what? I'm good on dealing with pregnancy hormones, thank you." Brian chuckled, pulling me into a hug.
I snaked my arms around his neck, my fingers gently playing with his soft black hair. Staring into his chocolate eyes. "Ready to tell Kaylie that she's going to have a baby brother or sister?"
He smirked. "Ready when you are."

I took his large hand in mine, giving it a gentle squeeze before walking to the front of the bus. Everyone chatting about with each other while Kaylie played with her toys, dressing Pinkly up in the barbie accessories. Pinkly whined helplessly. Kaylie smiled up at us.

"Wook at Pinkwy! She pwetty." Kaylie pointed.
Brian chuckled. "She's very pretty, Kay." Pinkly shook her tiny body, the accessories in her fur flying off.
"Oh no!" Kaylie frowned as Pinkly ran off into the bunk area to hide.
"It's alright, Kaylie." I smiled, sitting beside Brian. He pulled me against his side. "Kay? Can you come here for a second?"
She nodded. "What is it, Mommy?" She asked, sitting on her Daddy's lap.
"Kaylie, how do you feel about Mommy and Daddy having another baby?" I asked.
Kaylie looked up at Brian, then over at me. "Mommy have anoder baby?"
"Yes, Mommy's having another baby." Brian smiled. "You're going to be a big sister now."
"I'm getting a sitter?" Kaylie smiled.
Brian and I laughed. "Or a brother." I patted my somewhat baby belly.
"Or both." Matt added in.
"Don't say that." Brian gulped, eyes huge.
"What's wrong with twins, Syn?" Val crossed her arms.
Brian smiled. "Nothing at all, Val." Val humphed.
"No worries, dude. The only one that would possibly have twins would be Shads." Mike chuckled.
"Couldn't tell you since someone's slacking a bit." Val grinned. Matt coughed.
"Thanks, guys. Thanks a lot." Matt muttered, getting a light shove from Val.