‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Eaten Alive

I felt little hands lightly shake me awake, I peeked up to see Kaylie looking down at me. A dimpled smile appearing on her face as her eyes met mine. I smiled back at her, sitting up as I yawned.

"Morning, honey." I pushed her hair out of her face.
"Moning. Mommy, I want pancake." She pouted.
I nodded, climbing out of her bed. "Alright, let's get you some" I yawned. "pancakes then."

Kaylie giggled as she ran out of her room, and bounded down the stairs with Pinkly following at her heels. Barking as she jumped around Kaylie, Kaylie giggled as she petted her head. Almost immediately jumping onto the sofa and putting Spongebob Squarepants on the flat screen, dancing along to the theme song. I smiled as I lightly shook my head, grabbing the pancake batter from the pantry.

While I cooked up a couple small pancakes for Kaylie, I smiled as I listened to her sing along to the songs that the show played. Her singing her heart out to each and every note, with her little lisp of course. But it just made it all the more adorable. Brian's loud yawn echoed into the kitchen as I heard his feet walk across the tiled floor. Before his hands could grasp onto my waist, I slipped passed him as I went over towards the fridge. I could see from the corner of my eye as Brian cocked an eyebrow, staring at me.

"You okay, babe?" Brian asked. I just nodded, continuing on my cooking. "Babe? Talk to me. What's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong." I said emotionlessly, not looking at him.

He placed his hands on my waist, and I jerked out of them. Taking the finished pancakes out to Kaylie, setting them on the coffee table in front of her. The table was thankfully taller than Pinkly so she couldn't steal any of Kaylie's breakfast. Brian's hand wrapped around my wrist and he dragged me back into the kitchen. Crossing his large, tatted arms over his bare tatted chest as he cornered me. I stared up at him, my eyes meeting his confused ones. The once warm chocolate eyes now dark, full of concern.

"Ellie, why aren't you talking to me? What did I do?" He asked. "Did I do something wrong?"
I shook my head. "It's nothing, Syn. You did nothing."
Brian threw his hands into the air. "Nothing? I clearly did something if you're calling me Syn."
"What? I can't call you Syn anymore?" I glared. He glared right back.
"I didn't say that. You never call me Syn, so it must mean something."
"Well it doesn't, Bri. Me calling you Syn doesn't mean that you did anything. Everyone calls you Syn, so why can't I?" I rolled my eyes, rubbing my belly. The baby started kicking up a storm again. Arguing must be making him or her restless.
Brian sighed heavily. "Then why are you being so distant with me?" He growled, getting in my face.
I looked away from him. "I'm not. Now, please get out of my face." He nodded, stepping away from me.

Brian groaned loudly as he left the kitchen heading up the stairs, while mumbling something under his breath. I jumped at the sound of our bedroom door slamming shut. I cradled my face in my hands as I shook my head, thinking over from last nights dream. I may have been overreacting but it just keeps eating me alive. Her and him. In bed together. I headed back into the living room where Kaylie was watching some cartoon as she finished up her breakfast. Some show called, Fanboy and Chum Chum. I don't know. I curled up on the sofa, rubbing my stomach as I let my thoughts wander.

"Daddy, where you go?" Kaylie asked as Brian came down the stairs, fully dressed.
"I don't know yet. I'll be back, sweetie." He kissed her sweetly before grabbing his keys and walking out the door, letting that slam shut too.
"Mommy?" Kaylie said softly, cuddling up beside me. "It be okay. No more cwying. I here." She wiped away a few tears that I didn't know had fallen.
I smiled, pulling her into my arms. "Thank you, sweetie."
"I wove you, Mommy." She said, playing with my hair between her little fingers.
I pressed my lips to her forehead. "I love you too, sweetie."