‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

Girl Time

I heard Pinkly barking at the door downstairs then Kaylie yelling for me. I wiped away the stray tears as I left the bathroom, holding onto the railing as I headed down the stairs.

"Shush, Pinkly." I lightly pushed the dog away, opening the door.
"Hey. You okay?" Val frowned, noticing my tear filled eyes.
I shook my head. "I'm fine. Come in."
"Auntie Val!" Kaylie grinned, running up and hugging Val's legs.
Val smiled. "Hey, Kay."
"Auntie Val, I watching Chum Chum." Kaylie pointed towards the tv.
"I see that." Val kissed her forehead.
"Wanna watch wif me?" Kaylie asked, tugging at Val's hand.
"Not right now, honey. I have to talk to Mommy for a second then I'll watch with you, okay?"
"Okay." Kaylie grinned before running back to the sofa.

Val and I walked into the kitchen, I sat down at the table while Val raided the fridge. Pulling out 2 cokes she came and sat at the table, opening both and handing one my way. I gave her a small smile as she kept her eyes on mine. Searching for something.

"So, where's Syn at?" She asked.
I shrugged. "I don't know. He left without a word to me."
"Did something happen?" She asked.
I sighed, looking at the coke can. "Can say that."
"Well, what happened?"
"I just..I just couldn't stand him being around me." I took a swig.
"Did he do something? Say something to you?" Val said through clenched teeth. I cracked a grin. I loved Val, she was always so protective over me.
I shook my head. "No, he didn't do anything. It's really me." Val raised an eyebrow. "You see, I had this dream last night and it dealt with Brian." I took a deep breath. "And Michelle."
"My sister?" Val asked.
I nodded. "The only Michelle I know."
"What happened? Clearly nothing good."
"Not at all. We were baby shopping and you mentioned something about being late on a dinner date with my brother, so we left and you drove me back here. After you left I went inside and it was quiet, except for the tv with the game still on and Brian's half empty beer."
"A half empty beer? That's not like Syn." Val giggled.
I grinned. "My point exactly. So right there I knew something was wrong. I asked Pinkly where Brian was-"
"Talking to dogs now, Ell?" Val smirked.
I ignored her. "She led me to our bedroom. I heard weird noises on the other side of the door. So I opened it and it was de ja vu. Brian and Michelle were in bed together doing the dirty. Michelle saw me and screamed, stopping Brian from ya know. So he sees me now and scrambles off her as I turn to leave. I'm almost to the front door when he grabs me saying shit like, Oh it's not what it seems and blah blah blah. I tell him to not touch me. Then he does the unexpected. He slaps me and I fall to the floor before him. And I'm in shock and he's like, don't tell me what I can and can't do. Then your sister comes down in just his shirt, asks him who I am. He just tells her to go upstairs that I'm no one. After she leaves I'm like, How could you? I'm pregnant with your child. He's all like, I don't care. I don't love you. I hate you. So I'm crying as he walks back upstairs to rejoin Michelle." I took another deep breath, fighting the tears that threatend to fall. "Then I wake up and see him sleeping beside me. I just get this feeling of disgust laying in the bed with him, so I left and slept in Kaylie's room with her."
Val's mouth was hanging open when I was done. "Wow."
I nodded. "I know. I don't know what's wrong with me." A few tears spilled down my face.
Val came over and hugged me, kissing the top of my head. "Ellie, there's nothing wrong with you. You're still hurting over what Syn has done to you countless times in the past. It's normal."
"I don't want to feel like this anymore, though! I want to move on with him. Be happy." I hugged her tightly as the tears fell quickly.
"You both are happy, hon. Have you talked to him about this yet? Tell him what's on your mind?"
I shook my head. "No. I have no idea how to bring it up."
Val wiped away the tears. "Just like you did with me. I'm sure he's worried sick over you right now. Just start with an apology and explain to him why you acted the way you did this morning, tell him the dream you had and go on from there. He'll totally understand. And you both can work through this."
I smiled. "Thanks, Val. You're the best, you know that?" I hugged her.
She grinned. "That I do. Come on, let's have a girl day. No guys at all. We could take a trip to the zoo, get ice cream, and finish off with a movie night."
"Look at you with the plan. Just let me get myself and Kaylie ready and we'll go." I grinned, waddling into the living room to clue Kaylie in on today's plans.