‹ Prequel: A Forbidden Love
Sequel: Two Vibrant Hearts

Until the End

***ing Beer

I had no idea what time it was but I knew it was late as hell. The guys and I have been doing everything all day. From wrecking havoc at the beach, hanging out on the boardwalk and going on endless rides until we puked. To here at this club, doing shots and chugging down beers. Laughing and joking around. Pulling pranks on one another. Right now, I was in the bathroom with Zacky taking a wicked piss.

"Syn, man. Can you hold this for me? My hands are freezing." Zacky shivered, grinning like a damn fool.
I chuckled. "Fuck that, dude. You're on your own." I zipped up my zipper, grabbed my drink and headed back out into the club.

I took my seat back at the table with Shads, who was decking another shot. Mike couldn't make it out tonight, dinner date with his wife. Johnny was dancing with some broad on the dance floor, she was smaller than him. Pretty cute too. Looked good with him. I decked my shot of absinthe, licking the side of my mouth.

"Need anything?" Shads asked, getting up.
"Nah, I'm good." I held up my full beer.

He nodded and left, disappearing through the crowd. I raised the bottle to my lips and gulped some, feeling the coolness of the beer slide down my throat. I glanced around the club, feeling the pulsing music pump through my body. I caught sight of a pair of green eyes, thinking they were her hazel green eyes at first. She smiled as she pushed her short blond hair behind her ear. I gave a half smile as I turned back to my beer, ignoring her. All too soon I felt a hand grasp my shoulder, I peeked up to see the blond smiling down at me. I set my beer back down on the table.

"Hey." I greeted, being nice.
She smiled. "Hi. What's your name?"
"Brian. But call me Syn."
She nodded. "I'm Stephanie."
"Nice to meet you." I nodded, bringing my beer back to my lips as I turned away.
"Do you want to dance with me?" She asked.
I smirked, facing her. "Thanks. But I'm not in the dancing mood."
She tugged at my hand. "Please?" She pouted.
I shook my head. "Nah. Go and dance with another guy."
She frowned. "But you're nice. You're not like the other guys in here. I wanna dance with you." She rubbed my arm.
I was getting tired of this girl now. "I can't. I'm taken."
She shrugged. "So? Doesn't mean you can't dance with me and have a little fun." She grinned.
"It does actually." I was getting irritated more and more.
"Oh, stop. C'mon, it's just for fun. Just one dance and I'll leave you alone." She bargained. I rolled my eyes, getting to my feet. She smiled widely. "Knew I'd get you to come dance with me." She bit on her lip, eying me.
I smirked as I leaned towards her, lips at her ear. I heard her intake of breath as she pressed herself closer. "Guessed wrong, sweetheart."
"What da fuck are you doin with ma girl, man?" Some guy growled. I pulled away from Stephanie to see some guy glaring my way.
"Look, man. No problems, alright? Just telling your chick here that I'm leaving to head back to my girl." I held my hands up.
"He's lying!" Stephanie glared, cuddling up to her boyfriend. Fucking great. "He was trying to get into my pants." My eyes widened towards her.
"What the fuck!? Was not!" I raised my voice slightly, pissed off. I fucking hate liars. "Why would I want to get into your pants? When I have a girlfriend back home who's carrying our 2nd child?"
"Don't you be talking to ma girl like that." Her boyfriend towered over me. I glared.
"Tell your girl to start telling the fucking truth for once."
"Yo, dawg. Who you gettin smart with?"
"You, dawg. You da only fucker in ma way." I mocked him. Fucking beer...

The guy punched me to the jaw, making me stumble back a few steps. Everyone in the club was making a commotion as they circled around us. I was seeing red now. I lunged at him, my fist colliding with his nose. As he fell to the floor, he took me down with him. He held me down by the collar of my shirt as he punched me. I dodged a few and took some hits at him, one to the mouth made him stop for a second. That's all I needed.

I knocked him over and took control. Wailing on his face with all my strength. I refused to miss a beat. I didn't even stop when someone tried to pull me away. I just shoved them away and went back to attacking this guy. Finally I felt two pairs of hands yank me away from him, I started thrashing in their arms as they carried me out. I could hear the guy talk shit on me but I was already outside of the club to say anything back. Shads and Zacky dropped my ass on a nearby bench. Shads stood before me, arms crossed over his chest. Zacky standing beside him, smoking a cigarette. Johnny on Shads's other side, hands in his pockets.

"What?" I asked, pulling out a cigarette.
"Don't fucking what? me. What the fuck was that back there?" Shads growled.
I shrugged. "A fight?" I took a drag from my cigarette.
"About what?" Zacky asked, rolling his eyes.
I blew out smoke. "The dude's chick was flirting with me. I turned her down, of course. And go figure when he shows up, his bitch lies to him saying I was flirting with her. He gets angry and I explained to the dude saying I have my own girlfriend back at home, and to tell his bitch to tell the truth for once. He tells me to not get smart with him in that annoying as fuck ghetto talk. So of course, beer likes to talk-"
"Syn, you fucking didn't." Zacky chuckled.
I smirked. "If you're thinking I gave him a smart ass reply in ghetto tone, you thought correct." Zacky and Johnny laughed. Shads cracked a grin.
"Dude, you deserved to get your fucking ass kicked for that." Shads chuckled. I shrugged.
"Technically, I kicked his ass." I took the last drag, stomping on the cigarette.
"Not in the beginning, he was doing pretty good." Johnny added in.
I raised an eyebrow. "You watched the fight?"
He shrugged, grinning. "Of course."
"Thanks for the help." I punched his arm, laughing.
"Ah, fuck." He rubbed his arm. "You can handle, ow, yourself."
"Not when Ellie sees that bruised cheek and bloody lip." Zacky snickered.
"Huh?" I dragged my hand over my lip, then looked at my hand and seeing a red liquid on it. "Would ya look at that shit? Fucker."
Shads chuckled. "C'mon, get your ass in the fucking car. Can get cleaned up at my house before you go home to my sister."
I smirked as I shoved my hands in my pockets. "Thanks."
"Yeah, yeah. Just get your fat ass in the car." Shads grinned, sliding in behind the wheel.