This is my Life (Jacob Black)

This is my Life Chapter 5

Jacob's POV

'Hey dude,' I mumbled as Quil leaned against the locker next to mine.

'Hey.' Quil said. 'Embry's not coming. He's sick with some stomach flu.'

I frowned, 'Okay. I wonder if Carls is coming. She hasn't reach as yet.'

Quil smirked, 'Feeling a little love sick?' He made kissing faces in my direction.

I punched his shoulder lightly, 'Nah man. Just worried.' I pulled out my iphone and texted Carly. Morning, you coming today?

My phone buzzed two minutes later, No. Sick with the stomach flu. Mom said to collect my assignments for me. Please don't!!!!!!

I grinned, I'll try not to, feel better. =)

Ugghhhh!!!!!!! I grinned and pushed my phone into my pocket. Quil looked at me.

'Carls' coming?' Quil asked.

I slung my bag over my shoulder, 'No. She's sick too. It's just you and me.’

'Oh joy.' Quil said sarcasm dripping in his voice. I pushed him into some lockers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

'Wow Carls, you look horrible.' Quil said.

Carly gave him a death glare, 'Bet all girls LOVE hearing that. You must be a total ladies' man.' She rolled her eyes.

I laughed and sat at the foot of her bed, 'Yeah, too bad they're all disappointed because he's taking his cousin to prom.'

Carly and I laughed. Quil pouted, 'You're mean.'

Carly grinned, 'That's why you love me.' She opened her arms for a hug, Quil eyed her suspiciously. She huffed, 'It's an eight-hour bug. I haven't thrown up my lunch as yet.'

Quil shook his head, 'Not taking that chance.'
Carly pouted, 'Be that way. I was going to give you an iphone for your birthday but...'

Quil practically suffocated Carls, 'I don't care.' I laughed.

'We got no homework today,' I said. 'We just stopped by.' I was really happy to see Carly. She looked a little worn out but her pale cheeks were rosy. She sneezed.

'Thanks,' Carly said. 'Hey, stop by Embry's please. Tell him I'm fine.'

I hugged her, 'Sure. Come on Quil. Bye Carls.' Quil hugged Carly.
'Bye guys,' I closed her room door.

'Boys!!! I made some cookies. Do you want?' Mrs. Cole asked.

'Please!!!' we chorused like little children. She laughed and gave us half the pan. We thanked her and left to stop by Embry's.

>>>>>>>>>>>Three minutes and nine cokies later>>>>>>

I knocked on the door and Mrs. Call answered, 'Good afternoon Mrs. Call. Is Embry feeling better?'

Her lips pressed into a thin line, 'Im sorry boys. He's not home. I'll tell him that you stopped by.'

'Okay,' Quil mumbled. I frowned as she closed the door.

We started to walk back. I saw a group of boys standing by the forest's edge. I squinted through the drizzle and made out two figures. Sam Uley and Embry. I couldn't believe it. I stopped Quil and pointed.

'Hey,' I whispered, 'isn't that Sam Uley talking to Embry?'
Quil squinted through the rain,' Shit!!! You're right!!!!'

I frowned. Embry was one of them now. Carly is going to freak when she hears. I nudged Quil.

'Don't tell Carly as yet.' I said. We started to walk away. I felt eyes boring into my back. I turned around and saw Sam looking at me. Embry was looking too. His expression was sad, pain and disbelief. I just shook my head and turned around and followed Quil. Embry had broken his promise, as far as I was concerned, he wasn't my friend anymore.