A Mirai Trunks Love Story

Trip

Narration:

The storm was getting louder outside as you pulled the blanket over your cold body. The computer you were checking your daily dose of Dragonball Z (more specifically Trunks) was next to the window so it didn’t help with your constant shivering. The lightening made the night sky bright and it occasionally made you jump whenever you heard the thunder. Everyone else in the house was asleep, so you were alone in the dark.

The site you were on was the main Dragonball Z homepage; you loved checking for updates, and new Trunks fan art everyday. You also loved reading some of the Trunks fan fictions people would occasionally write and send to the site. You practically knew everything there was to know about the purple-haired wonder, and even had dreams about meeting him in person. As you were browsing the site you noticed an unusual floating, glowing green button that caught your interest. Out of curiosity, you hovered your mouse over the button and heard a loud thunderous boom outside that made you jump. You got startled, shook it off, and swore under your breath. Curiosity got to the better of you and made you clicked the button then all of a sudden, a flash of light surrounded you and you blanked out.

************

Your POV:

You opened yours eyes to the sound of trees blowing in the wind and the sun’s rays hitting your face like a warm blanket of comfort. You almost didn’t want to wake up but you suddenly realized where you were and jerked up.

“What on earth…?” You say completely baffled at your surroundings. There were trees surrounding you for miles, it seemed, and beautiful flowers and the humming of birds and sounds of other wildlife filled the forest. It must have been some kind of prank pulled by your brother for stealing the last donut he was saving for himself the other night, you thought. “But there isn’t a forest for miles from where we lived,” you pondered aloud. You started walking without direction trying to reach the end of the forest and, hopefully, to civilization. You continued to observe the forest to find any familiarities, but found none.

You lifted your face, letting the light and shadow dance across your skin as you walked. This is a really beautiful forest, you thought. Bees hummed in and out of the Pennyroyal plant you saw. You inhaled its minty smell and continued on, delighting in the sound of your feet sliding through the leaves. You finally saw an opening and rushed out, finding a normal everyday-looking city. But this city did not look familiar to you. You walk into the city, not knowing at all what’s going on, and wishing you weren’t alone. You noticed a small coffee shop and decided to go in when your tummy growled.

You giggled to your self and walked over to the man sitting at the cash register. He must be in his late 40s, you thought, due to the minor graying of his hair and the few wrinkles on his face. “Uhm… excuse me sir but, where am i?” You asked the man bluntly. “Why, you’re in West City love. ‘Been bumped on the head or somethin’?” He replied in his southern accent, as he studied your face noticing the mud stains from where you had been sleeping in the forest. “Uh… no,” you replied, wondering why that name sounded so familiar. “So you gonna order or what?” He said snapping you out of your daze. “Um, yes I’ll just have a small cappuccino please.” You sat at the bar stool trying to figure out how any of this makes sense. Then you heard the bell of the door ring as someone opened it. You turned to look and your mouth opened in disbelief. You turned around quickly trying to hide your face for some reason, you didn’t know why because this person didn’t know you but you felt the need too.

“Well g’mornin’ Trunks nice to see you here. It’s been a while,” the cashier said. “Yea,” Trunks said, obviously trying to avoid a long conversation with the man. “I’ll just have my usual please, Joe.” You giggled at the sound of the name because you thought it was ironic that a person named Joe would own a coffee shop. Trunks noticed you and you turned away at once. He gives you an odd look as he walks toward a booth and looks out the window, occasionally glancing back at you. You turned to look at him as he was staring out of the window, studying his features. Wow he’s even more beautiful in person, you thought to yourself. His short lavender-colored hair draped gently over his beautiful blue eyes as he stared out the window. You wondered if you should go over and talk to him but decided not too because all you were thinking about was, “What the hell is going on?”

Suddenly you remembered what happened: the thunderstorm, the glowing green button, the flash of light. You thought it must have somehow transported you into the Dragonball Z universe. You were excited as well as frightened and wondered if your family noticed if you were gone and how you were going to get back. You noticed a computer so you quickly stood up and went over to it. Walking past Trunks in the process and earning a puzzled look from him. You sat down at the computer and tried logging onto the Dragonball Z website in hopes that if you repeat what you did last night, then it’ll take you back home, but the website didn’t work here. You were lost in thought again when you felt a hand on your shoulder. You jerked out of your daze and noticed it was Trunks.

“You look like you could use some help,” he said, with a voice like velvet. “Oh, uhh…no thank you. I was just looking for cheap apartments,” you quickly say as you got up and hurried out the door, leaving Trunks bewildered. It suddenly hit you that you had no hopes in going back home anytime soon and you really had no place to live and no job. You started to panic and then suddenly you heard a loud explosion coming from behind you. You saw that the coffee shop you were just in had just been blown up. You looked in horror as you saw two androids hovering over the buildings laughing, and noticed Trunks carrying the people that were in side the coffee shop to safety. Android 17 noticed you, flew over to you, and grabbed your hand. “Why, aren’t you a pretty little thing?” he said, as he touched your face. You tried to break out of his grip but he was too strong. There’s going to be a bruise there now from his grip, you thought. He started to hover into the air with the tight grip on your wrist. There was nothing supporting you but him. You were beginning to panic. He just laughed in amusement. Obviously, he gets some kind of thrill from torturing humans. You noticed an energy blast coming from behind him, he lets go of your hand, and you went flying towards the ground and into a pile of rubble. Trunks was now fighting off Android 17. You had blacked out from hitting the ground too hard. After what seemed like hours, you felt your body being lifted up into the air by strong arms. Too weak to fight back, you decided to let them take you to where ever it was they were taking you. “So this is how I am going to die,” was all you were thinking.