A Mirai Trunks Love Story

Another Dimension?

You were sleeping peacefully when all of a sudden; you hear a loud explosion coming from downstairs. Afraid that it might be the androids, you quickly jump out of bed and run downstairs. You see smoke escaping from underneath a door, suddenly realizing that it was Bulma’s Laboratory where Trunks was resting, you open the door and run inside, only to be engulfed by a cloud of smoke.

“Trunks?” you manage to say in between coughs. You squint your eyes to see if anybody was in there. You see a figure walk up to what looked like a window and open it. As the smoke start to clear, you see Bulma covered in dust and minor bruises.

“Sorry hun didn’t mean to scare you. I was working on my Time Machine and I had a slight accident.” She laughed.

“Where’s Trunks?” you ask looking around, noticing he wasn’t in there.

“I carried him up to his room a few hours ago. As a matter of fact he’s healing quite nicely.” She says cheerily.

You glance over at a clock hanging on the wall and notice it was 6:30 AM, and the sun was still rising. You tell Bulma you are going to take a shower and get out of your jammies.

||FF:30 mins||

You come out of your room wearing the outfit Bulma gave you last night, which consisted of the capris jeans, and a tank top and of course your sneakers. As you approach the kitchen, the smell of fried eggs and warm maple syrup filled the air.

“Hi dear, I see you’re ready to go shopping. Sit down and eat up, we’ll leave in about one hour.” Bulma says as she hands you a plate full of goodies, and a glass of orange juice. She left to go get ready, so you were eating by yourself but you didn’t mind. After about 10 minutes, your gut was full and you were satisfied. You get up to wash your dishes and put them away. Not wanting to linger in the house alone, you decide to go out in the back yard for some air. You walk up a path bordered by beautiful flowers, finally deciding on a spot, you lie down on the grass and close your eyes, letting the sun hit your face with its warm, gentle caress. Your trance, disturbed by the sound of grunting and yelling coming from close by, you shift your gaze to your right and see Trunks hovering in the air, punching and kicking. You nearly fainted at the sight in front of you. He didn’t have his shirt on, so you had a perfect view of his perfectly toned, tanned, sweaty torso, glistening in the morning sun. Luckily, you were already lying down on the grass or your knees would give in for sure. You were finding it rather hard to breathe, for that beautiful sight was breath taking. You continue to stare as he starts to descend to the ground. You didn’t even realize he called your name; you were so lost.

“Hey Nori! Earth to Nori!” You finally came back to reality.

“Huh? Oh, morning Trunks.” You turn away blushing.

“You always seem to be daydreaming. What was it about this time?” He says as he cocks his eyebrow.

“N-nothing.” You say still blushing. “I see you’re feeling better. You heal pretty fast.”

“Oh yea, well I guess it’s because of all the vegetables I eat.” He says laughing loudly while rubbing the back of his head. He obviously doesn’t know yet that you know all about his Saiyan heritage. You just laugh along with him.

“So, do you have a family?” He asks when you both finally stop laughing.

You were unsure of how to answer his question.

“Um, yes and no.” You say almost confusing yourself.

“Huh? What do you mean?” He had the cutest look of confusion on his face; eyes wide and blinking with his mouth slightly open.

“Well…the thing is, I come from a different dimension.” You say trying to look innocent because you weren’t sure how Trunks was going to take it. You knew for sure he wasn’t quick to trust people who weren’t from this planet. But who would right? You had to be cautious with what you’re saying, knowing full well that this was the Trunks that would do anything to protect this planet if he sees you as a possible threat. As if you could be a threat. Then again, why where you sent here? Was there a reason for you being here…in this dimension? If there was a legitimate reason, it couldn’t be bad right? It’s not as if you have the power to destroy and why would you want to destroy?

Trunks stares at you wide eyed trying to make sense of what you’re saying.

“As in time?” He simply asks.

“Well I guess that can be a factor but in my world this is all just a television show so I guess different universe would be the proper term.” Trunks stood there shocked beyond belief. Just staring at you. You were getting nervous and hoped he wasn’t going to freak out or shun you. Before you could explain any further, Bulma comes running out of the house to meet you.

“Ready to go shopping?” She almost sings as she runs to you. She notices you and Trunks staring at each other, you with a pleading look and Trunks with an almost confused/shocked look. “Hey, what’s the matter? Is everything alright?”

Not wanting to look at Trunks anymore because he was beginning to scare you a little, you answer her. “Um...yea everything’s fine. I’m…um…ready Bulma.” You get up and start to walk in the opposite direction. Bulma looks at her son, still confused as to what is going on, and then follows behind you. A stern look plays across Trunks’ face as he stares at you and then flies off into the distance.

The ride to the mall was a quiet one. Bulma sensing that you probably need someone to talk too, so she breaks the ice. “Hey Nori, what was that all about back there with Trunks?” She asks calmly.

“Um, well I told Trunks that I was not from this dimension and he seemed exceedingly overwhelmed.” You sigh hoping that he will understand once you get a chance to explain. “I hope what I said won’t ruin what will happen in the past or this present.” You really wish Trunks were as understanding as his mother was. Even if you were a complete stranger, he must have sensed that there was something different about you.

“Oh don’t worry dear; once you explain the whole situation to him I’m sure he’ll understand. Don’t let this get to you.” She says as she put her hand over yours in an attempt to comfort you. It worked.

“I hope so.” You sigh, looking out the side of the hover car.

You tried to enjoy yourself at the mall with Bulma but all that was running through you mind was Trunks. You ended up getting two tops, two pairs of pants and one pair of gladiator sandals. You just weren’t in the shopping mood so Bulma mostly picked out all of your outfits and made you try them on. Bulma ended up with a lot more shopping bags then you. This woman’s really into fashion. You could dress a whole village of under privileged people twice with all the stuff she bought.

As it was starting to get a bit dark out, so you and Bulma decide to head home. When you arrive back at the house, you notice Trunks wasn’t home.

“He’s probably training in the gravity room. I’ll go check.” Bulma says setting all of her bags down on the floor of the living room. You stand there looking at your feet waiting for Bulma and Trunks. Bulma comes back with a sad expression. “He’s not in there. I’m sorry Nori. He’s probably out.”

“Its fine I guess. I can tell him when he gets back.” You say half-heartedly.

“Well it’s getting late; I’m going to turn in.” Bulma says with a yawn. “You better not lose sleep over this, alright Nori?” Bulma warns.

“I won’t.” You say with a reluctant smile. You watch as Bulma headed upstairs. You walk over to the window and sit down on the window seat staring out into the darkness. Thinking about why Trunks was acting this way and how this will affect the events that are supposed to take place. Deciding that your situation was hopeless, you drag yourself up the stairs and down the dark hallway. As you approach your bedroom door, a pair of strong arms grabs you by your wrist. You almost let out a scream but your capturer muffled it by placing his free hand over your mouth. He picks you up and jumps out of the window. It was too dark outside for you to get a clear view of your capturer’s face, but that was one of two excuses. You must have developed a serious flying phobia when you fell out of Android 17’s arms the other day because you were too scared to let go of your capturer’s neck as you held on tightly in fear you were going to fall.

“Don’t worry; I’m not going to let you fall.” His voice was so calm and comforting and so familiar, it gave you butterflies in your stomach.

“Trunks?” You say, wondering why he kidnapped you and flying away from Capsule Corp. in the middle of the night.

“Yea, I’m sorry, but I have to talk to you.” He says, you notice a bit of anxiety in his voice.
He flew in silence and finally starts to descend. You notice you were in a forest. Trunks set you down and stare at you with those deep blue orbs. The moon giving it the most endearing shimmer. The look on his face wasn’t as attractive as his eyes. Well maybe a little. But it scared you. He was serious and determined for answers that he was going to get from you tonight.