A Mirai Trunks Love Story

Answers

The rustling sound of the trees blowing in the wind filled the dark and silent forest as you and Trunks continue to stare at each other. It seems like hours, though only minutes have passed. But you didn’t like the look Trunks had on his face. It was nerve-wracking. As if you had done something…wrong. There was a lump in your throat making it hard for you to swallow. Your palms were starting to get sweaty, and you were beginning to grow anxious.

“S-so what’d you wanna…talk about?” You manage to stutter. Tch, as if you didn’t know what he wanted to talk about. You knew well what it was about. But why was this so intimidating? Were you scared of Trunks? Scared to tell him where you were from and that his world was fake, as far as you know. Were you scared of what he might…think?

“How did you get here?” Trunks asks. His tone wasn’t helping your nervousness.

You took a deep breath, “Well, um…I-I’m not sure exactly or even know how it’s possible. But I remember one night I was sitting at my computer, just surfing the web, and I dunno, there was this weird button that caught my interest and I clicked it and the next thing I knew I woke up here.” You shift your gaze away from Trunks not wanting to stutter over your words with the look that he was giving you. The wind start to blow again and you bring your arms closer to your body as the night air slides across your skin making you shiver. Trunks notices and takes off his jacket and puts it over your shoulders. You glance up at him and shot him a gentle smile.

“You said this was all just a television show.” He says, his face lessening the stern look from before.

“Yes, a cartoon type of show actually.” You say. Your heart was beating rapidly in fear he might lose his will to fight after hearing that.

“So you’re saying this is all fake? Everything that has been happening here was all just for entertainment?” You can hear the anger in his voice and see his left hand curl into a fist. You immediately grab hold of his hand and caress it softly as you look deeply into his eyes in hopes he will listen. “Trunks, please don’t think that you’re doing this for nothing. These people here are real enough. Trunks you live in this world and you have to save it. Please don’t let some crazy girl who fell out of the sky let you think otherwise. As far as I know now, this is all pretty darn real.” You chuckle. Trunks smiles at you realizing you’re right.

“So are you mad at me?” You don’t want him to hate you for giving him a new and weird perspective on his life.

“Hmm…maybe. You just told me my life is a television show. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to forgive you for doing something so horrible.” He says as he cocks an eyebrow.

You look at him wide eyed and shocked. There was that uneasy feeling inside you but suddenly it disappeared when you see his face soften and his lips form that signature sexy smirk of his. Realizing it was a joke you punch his arm playfully.

“I’m sorry.” You say and you both laugh.

Jerking out of his hysterical laughter, Trunks stares at you with a worried look.

“Nori, you said you weren’t exactly sure how it was you got here…”he paused for a second“…is there a way to get back?” You pause and look at him with a serious look as that lump in your throat make it hard to speak; your eyes start to well up with tears but you attempt to hold them back.

“I’m not even sure if there is a way to get back.” Your voice was shaky. You turn away pondering about how you tried earlier in that café just before you were attacked by the androids. “W-when I was in that café I found a computer and tried to repeat what I did the night before that made me end up here in the first place. But the site…the main Dragonball Z website doesn’t work in this world. I-it’s non-existent.” You clench your hands into a fist as you try to combat the tears that are threatening to fall from your eyes, but at that point, you couldn’t hold them back any longer. Tears start to fall freely from your eyes. You feel Trunks grab your chin with his fingers and turn your head to face him.

“Don’t worry, my mom and I will help you find your way back home.” He says while stroking the bottom on your chin with his index finger and using his other hand to wipe your tears away causing you to blush.

“Yea your mom said she will help, but I’ve been thinking. I don’t want to put so much stress on you guys. You still have to deal with the androids, and the Time Machine isn’t even completed yet.”

He smiles reassuringly, “The Time Machine is almost completed and don’t worry about the androids. After I come back from the past, I will deal with them.” You see him frown as he thinks about all the children that have suffered at the hands of the androids. And all of those innocent people and his friends and family he will never be able to wish back to life because the dagonballs are now useless since Piccolo is gone.

“Trunks?” You say bringing him out of daze.

“I’m sorry. I just can stand those two.” You put a hand on his shoulder.
“Trunks, trust me when I say that everything will be alright.” He smiles as he puts his hands under your knees and back and picks you up.

“Lets head back home.” He says very suave like which made your heart sink to your stomach. As you both were flying, he starts asking questions about what you know.

“So you know everything that’s going to happen and what has already happened?”
“Yup, more or less.”

“Can you tell me anything?”

“I guess so, maybe some stuff about what will happen to the past and how that timeline plays out.” Trunks smiles at that.

You shiver from the chill of the cold night air as you are up so high. You wrap your hands tight around Trunks’ neck to try to warm yourself with his body heat as well as him, knowing you still had his jacket on and he must have been cold as well. This causes him to blush uncontrollably. But he, nonetheless, holds you in a warm embrace the whole flight back to Capsule Corp.

Trunks flies through a window when you both finally reach and sets you down. You look around and notice this room was different then yours, although it was dark in there you could still tell considering the bed was on the opposite wall yours was in.

“Your room?” You turn around to face him.

“Oh yea. I didn’t want to wake up my mom by coming through the front door. Plus your window was closed.” He chuckles and rub his hand behind his head. You see a slight blush on his face and giggle to yourself.

You walk up to him and kiss him gently on his cheek.

“Just a thank you….again, for helping me and giving me a place to stay and for not freaking out after what I told you.” You giggle at the latter.

The blush stays on his face and he smiles and says “Oh it’s really no problem Nori. We’re glad to help.” With that, you turn to leave and shut the door behind you.

You walk into your room, not bothering to change into your pajamas and hop onto your bed. You smile to yourself, finally at peace with the whole Trunks-freaking-out situation as sleep consumed your exhausted body.