A Mirai Trunks Love Story

Trunks' Journey

Footsteps echo through the dark alley as you hide in the darkness. Your chest heaves up and down frantically as you try to steady your breath. They can’t possibly find you if you stay quiet right? The chill of the night air did little to calm your nerves as beads of sweat make their way down your spine causing you to shiver as the wind blows. The only light illuminating shadows were from the moon. So it makes even the most harmless of objects look frightening, you can’t let your guard down even for a little while. They’re coming for you and you know it. Your heart starts beating rapidly when you hear hysterical laughter coming from either side of the alley. Your body starts to tremble in fear because you know you can’t defend yourself against these monsters for they’re much too powerful. You slide down the wall, bringing your knees close to your chest, hiding your face in them as you hear footsteps simultaneously making their way towards you.

“Well, look who got away.” you hear one of them say in a calm and sly manner.

“Now 17, you’ve had your fun already. This one’s mine.” says the other.

You whimper in agony when you feel a hand grab you by your hair and pull up, lifting your body in the process. You lock eyes with cold, blue, menacing ones and see a smirk form on her flawless features. She raises her free hand; her fingers pressed together forming a spear. In one swift move, she shot her spear right into your abdomen. You let out a blood-curdling scream as your vision blurs sending the world around you into a sudden array of oblivion.

Maniacal laughter was the last thing you hear before waking up from your nightmare, screaming at the top of your lungs. You snap out of it, realizing it was only a dream. Calming yourself down, you look down on your body to make sure you were still in one piece. When you were convinced, you hear someone yelling your name and the door slamming open. You turn your head to your right to see a very worried looking Bulma and Trunks making their way towards you.

“Nori, are you alright? I heard you screaming.” Trunks say as he sits down on the bed next to you brushing his hand over your forehead, seeing it was sweaty.

“Yea, I’m fine. It was only a nightmare.” You say reassuringly “I’m sorry if I woke you guys up.” You glance over at the clock that was on your nightstand that read ‘5:00 AM’.

“Nori dear, don’t worry about that. We had to get up early anyway because today is the day my little Trunks is going to the past to save our friends from this grim future.” Bulma says getting a bit teary eyed.

You look at him shocked, “You’re leaving today?”

“Yea, the sooner the better.” Trunks says clenching a fist.

“What’d ya say we all go downstairs for a nice breakfast, huh?” Bulma says easing Trunks’ tension.

“Sure.”

“Sounds great mom.”

Bulma and Trunks leave your room so you can freshen up. You walk into your bathroom, quickly undress and jump in the tub for the much-needed comfort of warm water trickling down your body, washing away all memory of that horrible nightmare. After your shower, you brush your teeth and get dressed. You walk into the kitchen to see Trunks sitting at the table and Bulma placing a plate of food in front of him.

“Sit down dear and eat up.” Bulma says as she sits. “Trunks will be leaving after lunch so you two can spend some time together before he leaves.” She winks.

You almost stumble on your chair as you were about to sit. You look over to Trunks and see him looking down at his plate, trying to fight that blush that managed to escape to the surface. ‘I wonder what that was all about. I haven’t told anyone that Trunks was my favorite dragonball character.’ You think to yourself as you begin to eat. You clear your throat and decide to change the subject. “So Trunks, are you excited to meet your father?”

He looks at you and smirks and with a bit of an attitude he says, “Shouldn’t you know?”

“Yea, but humor me. For conversation sake.” You giggle.

“Yes I am. But I’m also somewhat scared. I hope he’s not as bad as mom says he is.”

You turn to look at Bulma and smile facing Trunks again.

“Sometimes people can surprise you.” You say, remembering how Trunks is supposed to die and Vegeta goes ballistic.

After breakfast, you and Trunks decide to go out in the backyard to ‘spend time’ together as Bulma put it.

“Hey, you sort of know some stuff about my father too right?” Trunks asks as you both walk along the grassy field. “Does he ever show a single sign of compassion?”

“Trunks, wouldn’t you rather find that out on your own?” You answer him. You didn’t want to give him too much information because there’s a chance of Trunks going into the past with a different attitude then intended and it could turn out for the worst.

“Yes, but you promised you’d tell me what will happen.” He says looking at your with soulful eyes.

“I did, but I don’t think I can tell you how you going back to the past will play out until you get back, understand?” You had to think about that before you said it.

“I think so. So you’re saying, you don’t want to tell me anything that can possibly have a negative impact on the events of the past?” You suddenly have a tingly feeling inside of you, remembering how smart Trunks is.

“Uh, exactly. Just like how when you go to the past, you can’t reveal too much information or it will…be bad.” You laugh. “But I can tell you when you get back. Mostly because not much is shown about this time afterward, so it’s not as important to the main storyline, which is the past you’re trying to save. So I can pretty much tell you anything.”

“That’s great.” Trunks says smiling “So tell me about your world.”

“Well, it’s pretty much like this one. Apart form the fact that we can’t put almost any objects into tiny capsules yet, and we don’t have talking animals unless they’re stuffed, dinosaurs don’t exist anymore, robots haven’t been perfected yet, our technology is at a working progress, people don’t have superpowers, and our solar system does not consist of alien dwelling planets that we know of yet.” You say matter of fact like.

Trunks laughs and rubs the back of his head. “Wow seems pretty boring.”

“You’re telling me.” You laugh along with him.

Both you and Trunks sit under a tree talking and laughing like this the whole morning. After a few hours, Bulma bellows for you two to come inside and eat something before Trunks’ journey. You all had a wonderful lunch courtesy of Bulma and are outside seeing Trunks off for past.

“Nervous?” You ask him

“A little bit, ya know I wish you could come with me…” he started to say then caught himself, a slight blush on his face, “…Ya know you could be useful, even though you can’t tell us much you could hint.”

“Trunks it’d be better if you went alone anyway. If I got myself into some kind of trouble, you would have to save me. And that would just add to your stress.” You giggle and mess his hair up playfully. He fixes it and turns to Bulma who gives him the heart medicine for Goku. “Take care of yourself my son. And good luck.” She says smothering him with hugs and kisses.

“I will mom, take care of yourself as well, and Nori too.” He says turning back to you.

He takes you in his arms and holds you in a tight embrace. This makes your heart jolt in excitement; of course, it also took you by surprise. It was so loving and so caring. You almost didn’t want to let go. You had to though, he lets go of you and says in a very suave voice, “Don’t leave before I get back.” And with that, he jumps into his Time Machine and waves to you both and disappears. You stand there wishing him good luck and hope the days won’t go by slowly as you wait for him to return.