A Mirai Trunks Love Story

Ideas

Trance. The one word that describes the blissful state you are in. The feeling of sitting by a cool lakeside, letting the sun sweep across your body with its gentle touch, while the soft scent of warm cinnamon linger in the air. Listening to the gentle whispers of the wind and the sound of waves kindly grazing the shoreline, hitting your naked feet. Nothing can ruin this peaceful moment and you wish for it to last forever.

Your eyes flutter open and see your head resting on Trunks’ chest. You look up to see him playing with your hair. You always loved it when people play with your hair. It makes you feel so relaxed and at peace.

He looks down at you and a sweet, gentle smile dance across his face. “Good Morning.”

“Good morning Trunks. Um…how did you sleep?” You ask, feeling slightly guilty for making him leave the comfort of his own bed to stay with you.

“I slept just fine Nori.” He says reassuringly.

“Good.” You smile and say. You are about to get out of bed, but when you go to bend your knee you feel a sharp pain run up your leg and you wince in pain. “Ahh…”

Trunks looks at you with a worried expression. “Nori? Are you alright?”

“Yea, it’s just my knee.”

Trunks crawls over to your side and examines your knee. “Hmm, looks like it’s bruised.” He gently taps at it and you flinch. “Well you were walking just fine yesterday; I don’t think it’s broken. You will be fine. You just need to put some ice over it for a while.”

“Stupid android.” You mumble under you breath but Trunks hears you and places a hand on your cheek. “Lets go downstairs for some breakfast.” He says with a smile. He takes your hand, and helps you up. You limp all the way downstairs.

You both finally reach the living room and hear the sound of tools hitting metal and the sound of someone typing on a keyboard. Trunks opens the door to the Lab and sees his mother covered in oil and dust.

“Uh, hey mom. What are you up to?”

“Hey hun, just working on a few gadgets for Nori.”

“What? For me?”

“Yea to help you go back to your world.”

“Oh Bulma, I don’t want you to do that alone. I want to help you.”

“Well you can start by telling me again what you did to end up here in the first place.” She giggles.

“First let’s get something to eat.” Trunks says with a distress look on his face.

“Hm? Hunny, are you alright?” Bulma says looking at her son surprised.

“Yes I’m fine, just hungry.” He says walking out of the lab. He grabs your hand and leads you to the kitchen.

You stare at Trunks baffled, from behind, wondering why he is acting this way. Trunks sits you down at the table and pulls out some eggs from the fridge, avoiding eye contact.

“Trunks? Is everything alright?” You ask him.

“Yes.” He answers not turning around.

You are about to ask him another question when Bulma walks into the kitchen.

“Trunks dear, you just got back. Here, sit down and let me take over.”

Trunks pulls up a chair across from you and stares down at his hands. Bulma comes up to both of you and hands you a glass of orange juice.

“So Trunks, how was your trip to the past?” Bulma asks her son.

“Huh? Oh it went great…” Trunks tells her everything from the androids to Cell, how Vegeta defended him in battle, and how Goku ended up dying in the end anyway.

“Aww that’s too bad. But wow your father actually defended you in battle?” She looks at her son in shock that Vegeta would actually risk his life for the sake of someone else.

“Well breakfast is ready. Eat up. Nori we have a lot of work to do.” Bulma says looking at you. You look at Trunks and see the same pained look he had on his face again.

“Alright Bulma.”

The rest of the day went by accordingly; you and Bulma were in the Lab figuring out how to send you back to your world and Trunks was training in the gravity room honing his strength for when Cell arrives.

||A few weeks later||

“You said you came here through your computer?” Bulma asks you looking at her own computer screen.

“Yes. Some how when I clicked on that button, it opened a portal to this world.”

“Hmm…portal huh?” Bulma begins to write some calculations down on paper that was pure gibberish to you. Bulma sees your confused expression and giggle.

“Nori, why don’t you go see what Trunks is up too. I will call you if I need anything.”

“Alright.” You say as you walk out of the Lab. You search the whole house for Trunks and he was nowhere in sight. ‘He must still be training.’ You go out in the back yard to where the gravity chamber was and peer inside the door window, sure enough Trunks was in there sweating it out. You decide to wait outside the chamber a bit for him to come out. You lie on the grass and stare up at the clouds. ‘I wonder why Trunks has been acting so weird.’ You ponder to yourself. You decide you are going to get to the bottom of this as soon as he comes out of the chamber. A few minutes later, you hear the sound of the chamber door opening.

“Trunks?”

“Hm? Oh hey Nori.”

“Hey, can I talk to you?” You ask him

“Sure, what is it?” He asks taking a seat next to you.

“Well you’ve been acting weird for the past couple of weeks. I know you told me nothing’s wrong, but I don’t believe you. So spill.”

“Nori really, it’s nothing. I’m fine.”

“Trunks I’m not stupid. Up until your mom started talking about gadgets to send me back home, I feel like you’ve been avoiding me.”

“Oh I’m sorry, I guess it’s because…” Trunks looks away, “It’s because I don’t want you to leave…so soon.”

You grab hold of his chin and turn his head to face yours. “Is it because you like me?”

“W-what? How…?” Trunks looks at you shocked.

“Your mom told me.”
“I’m sorry, I know it’s kind of pathetic…”

“Trunks it’s n-…”

“I mean you’re not even from this dimension…”

“Trunks…?”

“And you’re gonna be leaving and who knows if I’ll ever get to see you again…”

Trunks is cut off by you meeting his lips with yours. He looks at you surprised at first, then closes his eyes, enjoying the tender moment between you two. His arms snake their way around your waist pulling you closer. Your hands gets lost in his soft lavender hair. His kiss is so gentle, so soft and sweet. Nothing compared to Android 17’s harsh violent kisses. You are about to break the kiss but you feel Trunks grip you tighter. You laugh into the kiss and he finally decides to let you go.

“Sorry.” He says blushing.

“That’s alright.” You giggle, touching your index finger to his nose. “Let’s go see what your mom is up too”

“Sure.” Trunks helps you up and you both walk into the house, hand in hand.

You both walk into the Lab to see Bulma making a whole bunch of calculations on her computer.

“This one divided by that, no that doesn’t make any sense. Hmm, maybe if I add this one over here…”

“Bulma?” you say softly, trying not to spook her.

“Huh? Oh Nori! Just the girl I want to see.”

“Look,” she says handing you a blueprint.

You see a remote like device sketched onto it with weird rays coming out of the top.

“Uh, what exactly am I looking at?” You ask getting a little confused.

“Well it’s a remote that I am going to create and with a push of a button it will, hopefully, create a portal back to your world.” She says all excited.

“Wow that’s kinda cool.” You say in intrigued by Bulma’s plans.

“Yes, however there’s one tiny problem.” Both you and Trunks look at her with puzzled looks. “In order for it to create the portal, the device needs a V-34 uranium microchip that will allow it to do so. I only managed to create one and I used it for the Time Machine. So we need to take the Time Machine apart…”

“Whoa, take the Time Machine apart? There is no way I am going to let you take the Time Machine apart to get a stupid microchip for me.”
“But Nori, there’s no other way.”

“Well, instead of destroying something to create something else, why don’t you just upgrade the Time Machine?”

The atmosphere in the room changed and both Bulma and Trunks looks at you shocked. “What did you say?” Bulma asks you.

You look at Bulma then at Trunks trying to figure out what you said that was wrong. “Uh…Upgrade the Time Machine?” You laugh nervously.

Bulma slaps herself on the head as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“Oh my gosh! Why didn’t I think of that before? Wow, I guess I always I like to make things a little more difficult then it needs to be.” She laughs. “Trunks hand me the capsule.”

Trunks reaches inside his pocket to pull out the capsule and hand it to her. Bulma presses the button on top and throws it into the air and the Time Machine pops out.

“Well, back to the ol’drawing board I guess. Good job Nori, you’ve really helped me out here and made my job a lot easier.” Bulma chuckles, patting you on the back.
You look up at Trunks who was looking down and has the same sadden look on his face. You grab hold of his hand, peck it lightly, and smile. Trunks only half-heartedly smile back at you, not wanting to think about what the rest of his life would be like without you.