Status: one shot; completed.

No Regrets

our time is fleeting, so we take control.

How could you deny such beauty, Alex wondered, gripping the pillow in his hand and resisting the urge to scream his heart out in joy. This was the life he had chosen for himself, the same life his three best friends had chosen as well. They were the party goers, with no real nor a solid plan for the rest of their lives, just living as quickly as they could. They were simply the party boys, the musicians who were lucky enough to hit it big, and those who were enlightened to look forward rather than backward, and live their lives for what it was, rather than what could be, and their futures. They had been simply taking it day by day their entire lives, and even now.

The pillow ended up on the ground, Alex nearly tearing his hair out. He could feel inspiration pouring through his veins, but he couldn't think of the words. He wanted to write about being in California, and simply living his life based on what he wanted, regardless of what anyone else wanted for him. Alex grabbed his notebook and pen, and began to scribble.

Alex's mind was racing, with dreams of what he wanted to be. He wanted to be like his favorite band, famous all around the world and with fans admiring even his bad decisions. He wanted his band to stay together forever, and most of all, he wanted to be happy with his choices when he looked back. But those were simply dreams, in a real world that did whatever they could to crush dreams like that. He was also so scared that if he pinched himself hard enough, he'd wake up as a teenager again, still playing in his drummer's basement. Alex smiled, and continued to scribble as words formed in his hardwired brain. The time on the clock reads half past four, I'm wide awake and thinking, with my pillow on the floor. But maybe I'm just wasting my time dreaming, in this harsh reality. I don't want to wake up just to find I've been deceived.

Jack, the guitarist, likewise, was wide awake and thinking. He was proud of everything he had achieved in this life. A smashing record deal with a new album they were writing for, as well as albums already produced and sold out tours. He was proud of his long lasting relationship with the love of his life, Carly. He was proud of his best friends, of his new friendships, of the people he was making happy with the music he loved to produce.

He smiled, knowing that living in the moment was making everything so much better, and worrying about the future was for those who had no future. He was letting his life roll out before him, never making any solid choices for himself. He knew that he only had so long on this Earth, and he might as well live it as best as he could. He wrapped his arms around his picture of Carly in their new bed in his temporary California home, hoping that someday, this would be all he knew. Let it roll, our time is fleeting so we take control, from California to our home sweet home, our days repeating like it's all we know, it's all we know.

Rian, the drummer, was driving around Los Angeles, his mind working a mile a minute and his feet tapping against the floor, tapping out a new beat for one of their new songs. His heart was soaring from not only his night, which was oddly scandalous, but was also enlightening. He looked out his window to see the endless and open hills, and with the sun beginning to peak out in front of him. His mind was flooded with his mental snapshots of her, the girl he loved, and playing another drinking game in the backyard of that restaurant in Daly, California, that she had found. He smiled, his eyes searching the horizons.

He took each day as it was, always with someone he cared dearly for. He knew, no matter how far his career took him, whether it ended tomorrow or in twenty years, he would never truly be alone. He'd had his bandmates, his friends, his wife and kids, as well as all the fans. He'd never die alone, and that put his worst fear to rest. He'd never be alone. Out here the hills roll on for miles, the sun is like my own sense of direction, I'm always drawn to each horizon, when it rises, when it sets, but all I can think about is sex, and playing one more game of six cup in the backyard at The Wedge, I know I'll never die alone, because of all of you.

Zack, the bassist, sighed as he woke up far too early to go running on the beach outside his California home. He hadn't slept well, thinking of his future and what would become of the now. He strapped on his shoes, thinking still. He had all the time in the world to come to terms on the fact that at one point, he was going to die. Would he leave a legacy? Would he be remembered? Would he be found under latest nostalgia? But most importantly … would he have a happy ending? He sighed again, heading out onto the beach.

He didn't want to be thinking of his future, he wanted to think of his now. How he lived each day on its own schedule, but in the spaces between, everything was up to him. How he lived his entire life based on what he thought was right, and how he made last minute plans and had the time of his life, with little responsibility for himself. He sighed once more, looking out across the sea coast and biting his lip. He wanted to be at this beach with his three best friends, watching the tides change and thinking not about what he'd be leaving behind when he died, but rather what he would be doing that night. Would it be another party, or would he be going to The Wedge to enjoy himself yet again. It shouldn't have mattered. He was trying his hardest to let things roll, to happen to themselves. Take, take a breath, we've got all the time in world, to get a grip on the fact that we don't last, but right now, I want to watch the tide roll in with my best friends.

There is no time to let go, to look in your past. There is only time to look forward, and to live your life without regrets. There is only time for you to reflect on how great it is to be alive, and how perfect it is to be able to watch the beauties of the world. There is only time to let it roll.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys. This is kind of different than anything else I've ever written. It's a song fiction, but its more of how all the guys contributed to a song writing process. I hope you guys liked it.

Please comment, and check out my other stories on my profile (: thanks.