Status: Fell in love with it ♥

Scars That Tell Tales

Stringy Hair

I was crying when I reached outside, unbeknownst to me it was raining out here. I do get to experience small joys in moments of pain. I decided to walk to the market instead of driving just so the cold rain could splash against my skin. Rain was always refreshing. So I made my way pass the small houses and playground that mark the end of the neighborhood and the start of the main street. Everyone seemed to be indoors due to the wet weather, fools. This was the weather that I live for.

I avoided eye contact with the couple that walked past me. They look so happy, holding hands, laughing in the rain. Someone should tell them the feeling doesn't last. I could hear the girl's squeals fade as I turned the corner. For just one moment I thought of him. They way he smiles at me when I climb into his bed. How he holds me tenderly to him. The way he kisses me, stop, I thought to myself, no need to make things messy. He is just my fix. He kept me from making the lines that make my legs look like my cracked ceiling.

I could feel water weighing down my hair. I knew it looked so stringy which made me sigh. You can spend hours on your hair only to have it completely ruined in a couple of seconds. Not that running your fingers through your hair is really doing it. So I guess I don't have much to complain about. I run my fingers through my now soaked hair and smile. Now only if shampoo would fall from the sky, then I wouldn't have to spend money on getting my hair washed at the salon.

I looked up, closing my eyes so the water wouldn't get in them. Just letting the rain trickle down my face. I can't help but smile at the feeling. I could do without the wet clothes though. I turn into the market, get my supplies and exit to walk back home.Thankfully the rain had stopped by then, as well as all thoughts of my mom. So the walk home was gray and calm. I passed the same couple on the way back. He was praising her stringy hair as they looked into each other eyes. I quickened my pace to get away from that look.