Status: Fell in love with it ♥

Scars That Tell Tales

Bleeding Lips

I sink my teeth into my lips, ignoring the pain of my skin breaking. I placed the plastic bags on my floor and try to banish that couple from my mind. Their loving looks, and tender touches. I hate that kind of shit. I kicked of my shoes letting them land where they will. I picked up the bags and head to my kitchen, the light buzzing from being left on three days in a row. I start unpacking a bag with an air of absentmindedness. My thoughts wander to the boys whose house I sleep in almost more then my own. I knew he was upset with me, I had turned him down yet again. I couldn't help but wonder if the day would come when his window would be closed to me. What would I do then?

I bite down harder, my lips painfully protests my actions. I am going to call him. Maybe he can come and help me put my groceries away. There is no harm in that and I can make sure his window remains open. Only because making lines wasn't an option. My brother would be unhappy, that is the very last thing I want. I picked up my house phone, hit redial and wait. I know it will be his number since I call no one else.

"Hello?" He sounded a bit peeved.

"Hey. Wanna come over and help me clean up or whatever?" This was my attempt at being nice.

"Sure." He was smiling, I could hear it through the receiver.

Why this sweet boy wanted to spend time with a broken down girl like me I could never tell. I mean he was good looking and according to my brother very popular with the girls. He turned heads all the time, and me? I made them look the other way. I was the town tragedy, no parents, drop out of school. No one wanted to be near me. As if my sadness was catching. I laughed forgetting I was on the phone. He must think I am happy he was coming over. I was relived I suppose. I couldn't ruin this for my brother's sake.

"I'll be there soon." He hung up and I flung the phone unto the couch. It beeped in protest but I ignored it.

I guess I should fix myself up a bit. So I run a comb through my still quite stringy hair. I put on a clean shirt and a new pair of jeans I found in a bag in the back of my closet. Tags still on all the clothes. I don't even remembering buying all this stuff that's how long ago it was. I apply a light coat of make up and sigh. My lip is bleeding. So I put on red lip gloss to cover up the fact. There I look decent enough to make him think this is important to me. I bite the inside of my lip, upset that I have to go through all this just to keep myself from cutting.