My little Girl - the GazettE - Aoi -

Sixteen

Mayu-san was at my heels as we left the dressing room, she kept on wondering what I was doing and where I was going to.

Once I felt that we were safely out of ear range of the staff I halted in the middle of the empty hall that lead to the back exist.

“Skylar-chan what is going on?” she asked again for the thousandth time.

“Sorry for leading you on this little goose chase Mayu-san.”

The technician leaned back on the wall. “That fine, but what are you doing exactly.” She insisted. “Why do you have that Bristol board?”

“Well,” I said sheepishly. “I was thinking about making Kai a birthday present.”

Mayu-san perked up. “A birthday present?” she echoed. “What is it?”

I bit my lip slightly. “It might sound silly but… I was thinking about making a huge card for him and get some of his fans and staff to sign it.”

“A card?” I nodded. “Awe Skylar-chan, that’s so sweet. Kai-san will love it.” She smiled.

“I hope so. I think he needs a reminder once in a while to know just how much we all love and appreciate him.” I said.

Mayu-san nodded. “I think this is a wonderful idea. But why didn’t you start with the staff singing the card first?”

“Because I want this to be a surprise and gossip here spreads like wild fire.”

The technician had to agree. “You going to tell your father, right?”

I shrugged. “Yes and no.”

Mayu-san was baffled. “No? Skylar-chan you should tell your father what you are doing.”

“He wont mind,” I said. “I’ll tell him I’m out with you. We are just gone to get some of his fans to sign a birthday card; I can’t see how it’d be a big deal.”

It was plain to see that Mayu-san wasn’t really on bored whit my decision, but she never said anything other wise. “Alright if that’s what you think.”

I smiled. “Don’t worry, it’s going to be fine.” She returned my smiled and I placed the Bristol bored on the wall after folding it in half. With big bold letters I wrote in English Happy Birthday Kai! on the cover, also noticing the marker didn’t run through the page.

“Alright, let’s go out.”

~*~

The cool autumn air tickled my cheeks as Mayu-san and I had left the live house. Thankfully the sweaters we wore protected us enough not to get chilled.

Before we went around the building to where all of the GazettE fans patiently waited outside, I quickly pulled out my phone and gave Aoi a simple text saying I was out with Mayu-san. Obviously he asked where I was and I simply said that we were around town. He never really said anything after that but I assumed it was because of work.

After that I placed my phone back in my pocket and myself and Mayu-san made our way around the building. The line up from the entrance stretched out further than I could see, so far that it went around the block. If I had seen this around the begging of the tour it would of made me nervous, now it just seemed normal.

“So we are just going to go right on in, okay?” Mayu-san nodded but seemed a bit hesitant, the closer we got to the line the more I seen her stick to me, but I never really paid to much attention to that.

Soon we got near enough for me to make out the faces, not surprised in the lest to see that it was mostly girls. From what I could see from their expressions they never really paid much attention to myself and Mayu-san, but as we got closer a small group of girls noticed that we were approaching them. I seen that they sort of backed away and their talking had begun to quite down. This I have come to noticed strongly about the Japanese folk, how conserved they really where. I didn’t really see an issue, but that might have been because I was foreign and raised in a place where all the people you meet were as friendly as can be. That was one of the reasons why I love Newfoundland; strangers talk to each other like old friends.

We were now in ear shot from a group of four girls and I never wasted any time in addressing them. “Hello.”

Immediately they looked at each other, confused as to why a stranger was talking to them, but I could also see the little bit of nervousness as to how to address a foreigner, all picking up on my light accent right away.

One of the more bolder girls smiled politely at me. “Ano, hello.”

I returned her smile and tried to bring out my inner Asian. “I am very sorry to be rude but I was wondering if you girls would be able to help me with something.”

Again the bolder girl was the one who spoke, her friends silently standing away and watching us, but still trying to be polite. “Ano, I’m not to sure,” she said.

I laughed lightly. “Well it’ll just take a moment,” I said and showed them the giant card. “I’m sure you guys know it’s Kai-san’s birthday today, so I’m trying to get a bunch of his fans to sign this big card for him with a little message.”

That seemed to loosen them up. “Really?” one of the other girls asked brightly. “We can sign it?”

“Yes.” I smiled and laid the card on the concert and handed the pen to the girl who just spoke.

Another silent girl spoke up. “Ano, by any chance are you Skylar-san?”

I notice that Mayu-san became a bit ridged, but I ignored it and smiled at the girl. “Yes, I’m Skylar. It’s nice to meet you all.”

Finally the fourth girl spoke. “Oh my gosh it’s so nice to meet you!”

That took me aback for a moment, I expected to be noticed as Aoi's daughter but I never knew that they would sound excited about it. I shrugged it off and bowed politely. “It’s very nice to meet you as well.”

The girl who I handed the pen to passed it along to her other friend who now knelt down on the ground and wrote a short message. “Why would you be out getting his fans to sign this card.” She asked.

“Well like I said, I just figure Kai-san would really like it.”

“That’s really nice of you.” Said another girl. “Are you friends with all the members?”

I nodded. “Yes, we are all good friends. I do spend all my time with them now”

“Have you seen Reita’s nose?” randomly asked another girl.

That took me aback a bit. “Yes?”

She squealed a bit. “Oh my god what’s it like?”

“It’s… a nose?” I offered. “I don’t really know what to say about it.” Then again, thinking back to when I first meet the bassist, I sort of had the same inner reaction. He really did have a cute button nose.

As the pen went around all of the girls were asking me questions about each of the member, none of there were personal, just some silly things like what they looked like without make up or what Ruki’s natural eye colour was. Finally after the questions were done, all four girls finished signing the card and handed the pen and Bristol board back to me.

“Thank you very much!” They said.

I smiled and bowed. “Thank you for signing it.” We said our good byes as Mayu-san and I left the group.

“You know,” Mayu-san spoke up after some minutes. “You really need to be careful when talking to the GazettE’s fans, Skylar-chan.” She said.

“They weren’t bad.” I defended.

She nodded. “No, those girls were actually very good,” she agreed. “But, some of them are not.”

“I know that.” I sad. “Some of them are really weird, and kind of scary.”

“Exactly.”

“But what does that have to do with me?”

Mayu-san looked away. “Just… be careful.” She said at last. “I think this is a wonderful idea you’re doing for Kai-san, but just watch out for some of the fans.” She then smiled reassuringly.

I shrugged. “Okay.” To be honest I never knew what all this fuss was about. I was just getting people to sign a card for Kai, it’s not that big of a deal.

After that the day continued on quite pleasantly, it was very interesting to meet all the different the GazettE’s fans. Some of them were like the first group, curious and excited, others were shy but very sweet, and a good few were just plain nuts (but in a funny way), over all it was a good experience. It was nice to get to know the people who supported my father and his band and it was very nice to see that they also supported myself and Aoi.

At around six thirty we went back inside (after stopping down at a local café to get a quick bite), the card was covered with signatures and messages from front to back, I counted them all and found out that there was sixty-two in total from the fans, shortly after we managed to catch a few staff members and got them to sign them as well, unfortunately I only got to about ten or so because they were all so busy getting ready for the live to start (which was in about twenty minutes or so) but the thoughts were still there none the less.

“This turned out better then I thought.” I said.

Mayu-san nodded. “Are we going to get the rest of the band members to sign the card?” she asked.

“Of course, I just need to make sure that Kai isn’t there.”

“That might be a bit difficult.” She laughed as we turned to corner and I peered into the dressing room, sure enough the drummer was there talking away on of the staff members. “Darn it.” I cursed. “Do you think you can distract him, Mayu-san?” I asked.

She chuckled a bit nervously. “And how would I do that?”

“Take him out of the room for a moment?”

“What would I say to him?” she asked.

I shrugged and nudged her into the doorway. “Wing it.”

Mayu-san stumbled forward slightly into the door frame, but just before she was about to quickly get out of the way the drummer (with such perfect timing) called her out. “Oh, hello Mayu-san.”

The technician froze for a second. “Oh! H-hello Kai-san.”

I could tell Kai was puzzled by the roadies stutter (frankly, I was as well). “Is there something the matter?” he asked, most likely assuming there might be a malfunction with the lights.

“Ah, no, there is nothing wrong. Actually!” she said quickly when I made hand gesture for her to keep Kai’s attention. “I need to speak with you for a moment.”

“Yes, of course.” Thankfully the drummer didn’t ask for anymore details before heading out the door. “Oh, hello Skylar-chan.” He said with a smile, I said a quick ‘Hello’ before he turned to the technician. “What was it that you need to speak to me about?” Kai asked. When his back was turned I quickly headed into the dressing room and gave Mayu-san a grateful smile as she tried to come up with something.

The first one to notice me was the violist. “Skylar-chan, there you are.”

I smiled cheekily. “Hey, sorry for spooking off.”

“Where were you?” asked Reita.

“I was making Kai’s birthday present.” I said and pulled the card from out behind me and handed it to the bassist. “Do you think you can sign it?”

Reita took the card and opened it to the dozens of signatures. “Where did you get all these?” he asked.

“I went out side with Mayu-san and we got all the signatures from the fans.” I said.

Suddenly Uruha stopped playing is guitar and stared at me in disbelief. “You went out and talked to all those fans?”

“Yes,” I tilted my head. “Was that wrong to do so?” I asked.

“No,” said both Reita and Ruki. “This is a wonderful idea.” The vocalist added and took the pen from Reita. “Kai is going to love it.” He said then handed the card to Uruha once he was done.

“I hope so.” I said. “By the way, do you know where my dad is?” Just as I said then my father entered the room. “Oh, there you are.”

“There you are.” He echoed, I was pretty surprised at the slight relief in his voice.

“I told you where I was.” I bluffed and handed him the card once Uruha was done. “I need you to sign this quickly before you go on stage.” I said and hand him the pen.

My father sighed but took the pen nonetheless and signed the card. “Skylar I need to talk to you about something.”

“Oh?” I asked. “What is it?”

Once again my father sighed and lowered his voice so only I could hear. “We need to talk about you going off and-” But just before he could finish the drummer walked in.

“Alright guys, we need to get going.” Kai said in his usual cheerful tone.

Aoi cursed under his breath slightly but got up nonetheless as I quickly his the card from the drummer. “We’ll talk later, okay?”

I nodded my head but didn’t say anything, as usual though Aoi could see through my calm act and he ruffled my hair, letting me know that he wasn’t angry.

From then the five men went out on stage. The concert was amazing as usual, the hype and energy was there in full force and it was once again spectacular, even from watching it from the side of the stage.

Finally, before the last encore song Ruki took the mic and got the audience to sing Happy Birthday to Kai as a cake was taken out to the stage. After the candles were blown out I nearly skipped on stage and handed Kai his card. He, of course, had no idea about it and was so excited and happy to have received it. So much that he picked my up from the ground in another bear hug and swung me in a circle. After that I went off stage as they performed the last song and waited in the dressing room.

Soon, the five men came in sweating, panting, and laughing (and also collapsing) from the stage, chatting about the performance as they started to gather up their things and change out of their costumes, in which I obviously stepped out at this time to give them privacy.

Fifteen minute later we were all on the tour bus on the way back to the hotel and in another ten minute Aoi and I were back in our suite and Aoi went into the shower right away as I got ready for bed.

Aoi didn’t stay in the shower for too long, I was only about four or five pages into my book when he came out, but I didn’t notice him until he sat down next to me on my bed.

“Hey,” he said after some time.

“Hi,” I replied quietly.

Aoi sat up further on my bed so that he was side to side next to me and I scooted over to make some more room. “We need to talk.”

“About what?” I asked.

“About what happened today.” He said.

“Was I wrong in getting Kai that card?”

He sighed. “No, you weren’t, it’s just that…” he paused for a moment before taking a deep breath. “What you did Skylar was really sweet but you have to remember that some of our fans are very… unpredictable. I know Mayu-san was there with you but still, you should have explained to me better than what you did, okay? And I know Mayu-san would have taken care of you, but like I said, there was hundreds of fans and only two of you, I need you to keep this stuff in mind. I’m not going to be a helicopter parent; I won’t be keeping tabs on you every five minutes, to me that’s not fair. I am still new at this parent thing though, so I need you to help me out a bit. I just want to make sure you are safe and okay, that’s all. And if anything, anything at all, happens to you, you know can call me. I’m a parent first but I am also your friend. Okay?”

That lecture left me a bit speechless, all I could do was nod. I could see when he was coming from, but I never expected to be scolded (if you could call it that).

Well, he is my father.

“I…understand.” I said after some time.

Aoi took his arm and placed it on my shoulder. “Am I being to harsh?”

I shook my head. “No, your right. I should have told you what I was up to.”

He smiled and rubbed my arm. “That’s all I want. We have to be honest with each other, okay?” I nodded again. “No hard feelings?”

I smiled. “None.”

Aoi returned my smile and kissed my head. “Alright, let’s go to bed now.” He said as he got off of my bed and into his own. “Good night.”

I took my off my glasses and turned off the lamp then snuggled down in my bed. “Good night dad.” I said as my eyes drifted close.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm an awful person T.T

I hope you enjoyed~