Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 10

Time was running out now, as I said, starting to blur together as I got closer and closer to becoming a wolf, and going back to school.

Jake and his pack start in two days, and my dad, surprise, surprise lets me out of the house so I can go over Jacob’s. It wasn’t fair how he so obviously made a million exceptions for that boy, and yet cracked down on my soon-to-be-pack-mates.

Bella felt the same, sharing how he had been strict on Edward a million times. (Of course, with all the crap Bella goes through because of Edward, you can’t really blame him there. Not that I’d tell her still.)

My wolves had never done anything bad though, they had never once stepped out of line (as far as he knows) and I had known them forever.

It was amazing how entitled he thought he was, like he has the right to suddenly start asking me stupid questions because I’ve suddenly gotten in trouble.

He asked me how old Hector, Danni and Jason were, and when I told him, he seemed like he didn’t trust me, before actually asking me how long I’ve known them. Like he thought I wouldn’t be sure.

“Since I was four,” I’d responded, “Which is more than I can say about you.” and I’d stalked up to my room and slammed the door so hard the window shook.

He had basically opened himself up for it, and I knew he was going to be loosening the leash a bit before he started interrogating me again.

I know it may have seemed like Im just being difficult, but he honestly wasn’t there for eleven years of my life, and even then, he was never really there, no child support, no nothing. If it wasn’t for Bella, I would’ve broken out a long time ago.

If Charlie actually cared about being my father figure, he would’ve been there when I needed him, and not just suddenly taken control because I was living with him.

XxX

“Don’t hurt yourself, Jake,” I teased while he crawled under the hood of Kim’s car.

I hadn’t met her, but had heard that it was her car and she was dating his friend Jared.

By all of his descriptions, I knew that if I saw his friends at school, I would most likely be able to tell their names. He knew the same of mine, although he got really…defensive whenever I talked about Hector so it was a good thing I don’t do it much.

“Shut up,” Jacob growled playfully, sticking his head out so I could see a smirk on his lips before ducking back under. I was amazed he even fit; this boy was huge.

I swung my legs back and forth from the stool he had brought in for me to sit on, and waited for him to come back up. It was childish but I had nothing better to do since Jacob wouldn’t let me touch the cars. He trusted me, but didn’t want me fumbling with anything he’d already worked on.

I let it slide of course, just rolling my eyes and sitting down like a good girl while Jacob did all the hard labor.

It took a while, Jake tinkering with parts while I mentally calculated what he was doing and smiled. Coming out, Jake wiped his hands on his greasy jeans and smirked at me again. “What are you smiling at?” he asked.

“Nothing,” I said nonchalantly, getting up. “Need some help there?” I sang teasingly again. Jacob rolled his eyes and stood up while pretending to let me help and I grinned at him. He smiled back, looking as if I had just given him a reason to, and taking only a second longer than necessary to release my hand.

He rubbed the back of his neck in that nervous way of his before we turned to hear Billy calling us for lunch.

“After you,” Jake chuckled, and I stuck my tongue at him before skipping to the house.

It was just another regular day for me, fighting with my ‘daddy,’ ranting to Jake before calming down enough to act civil, taking up his space and time, but he didn’t mind.

Jake was awesome like that, he was always so happy to see me no matter when I came, or what attitude I wore when I showed up. He put up with everything.

Ducking in the door, Billy had plates ready for us, which made me feel bad. He had enough to do with Jacob’s hunger, and his own tasks, he didn’t need me free loading. He was all smiles though as Jacob shoveled sandwiches in his mouth and I knew I was being stupid. My thoughts were just so jumbled today I couldn’t keep track of them and they seemed more like random tagalongs than actual word process.

Billy left about an hour or two after our lunch, getting picked up to go visit his friend Sue while Jacob and I watched movies.

He had his arm thrown around my waist and his head resting on top of mine where it laid against his chest. I could hear his heart beating in my ear, and that was even more captivating than the movie.

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again.

I’m pathetic.

A loud crack of thunder made me jump, jerking away from Jacob while he sat up straighter too. Lightning danced across the sky and I turned to watch it a second before the TV blacked out, as well as the lights. It was nearly black, and Jacob stood up while I scooted over to the other side of the couch and blinked away the loss of light.

“Nice,” Jake muttered, toying with the closest light as if it would actually help. I chuckled as my eyes adjusted to see Jacob’s giant form come back to the couch. It was pouring out, so loud I could barely hear him and my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was Bella calling and I answered while Jacob kept his eyes on me, thinking I couldn’t notice.

“Hello?” I asked boredly.

“Troy? Are you still at Jacob’s?” asked someone hurriedly. Ugh, I knew that voice.

“Yes dad, I’m here,” I sighed, Jake chuckled next to me and I nudged him.

“Troy, stay at Jacob’s, I don’t want either of you driving in this storm do you hear me?” he asked.

I toyed around with the idea of driving in my head, just to piss him off, but that was stupid. More likely than not, I’d die, and also, I was intrigued with the idea of spending a night at a guy’s house who didn’t yell at me for doing stupid things.

“Yes dad,” I said, keeping my voice down and dull. No need for him to suspect anything more than he usually does…

“Put Jacob on please,” he asked, seeming slightly on edge. I frowned, but handed Jacob the phone. I could still hear everything that he said though while playing with my hair, although It was hushed and distant.

“Jacob?”

“Yes?”

“I don’t want you doing anything with my daughter I would shoot you for do you understand me? I know Billy’s at Sue’s and he said for me to tell you the same thing.”

Jacob stared wide eyed at me from across the couch, and I knew he knew I could hear. My blood boiled and although Jake was too shocked to respond, I sure as hell wasn’t.

I took the phone, holding it up to my ear and covering up whatever either boy was about to say. “I have a boyfriend,” I snapped into the phone, forcefully hitting the off button.

Jake stared at me, probably feeling guilty for reasons he shouldn’t while more lightning struck, setting the dark clouds alight with bright color while thunder grumbled along with it.