Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 2

Jason pulled up to a decent looking house and I saw my dad and a pale girl who I assumed to be my new sister waiting on the porch. I tried to pull myself together before I started screaming.

Danni and Jason were out of the SUV and Danni was already grabbing my two bags out of the back. They weren’t very big so her wolf strength lifted them easily. I hopped out of the seat and my new family walked over.

“Trinity!” my dad called and my head snapped up automatically at my name. Bella smiled shyly and I did the same. I hated meeting new people.

“You can call me Troy.” I mumbled while he embraced me. He looked at me confused but nodded “Ok, Troy then.” I knew he was probably confused but after years of having no contact with me he was probably just trying to keep me happy.

“Hello” a shy voice said and I realized Bella had followed. I smiled slightly at her hesitation. “Hi, it’s Bella right?” I asked and she nodded. “I see you were more informed than I was."

She looked at our dad from the corner of her eye and he looked apologetic. I grimaced. “No, not until recently.” I murmured.

And so, the first awkward silence engulfed us.

“Where do you want her things?” Danni asked suddenly and I shot her a grateful look.

Charlie cleared his throat “Upstairs, first door on the left.” Danni nodded and tossed Jason my other bag, Charlie turned to me “You’ll have to share with Bella; it’s only a two bedroom house.”

I nodded and smiled gratefully at Bella “Thank you” I said and she grinned slightly. It started to rain a little so we all went inside just as Danni and Jason were coming down. I smiled and hugged them goodbye. They grinned and Danni mouthed ‘call me’ while I laughed. I watched them leave with a smile, and then I turned to face my new family.

Bella’s POV

She seemed uncomfortable, and kind of shy. I found myself feeling some sympathy towards her, unlike me; she didn’t come here by her own choice. Even though I liked it here now, that was mostly because of Edward. Maybe she’d meet someone too.

If she didn’t have someone already, she was pretty.

“Do I get to see where my room is?” she asked with a curious voice. Charlie nodded and pointed to the stairs. “Bella will show you, and dinners in an hour.” She nodded and I gestured for her to follow me. We reached our room and she sat on her newly made bed. I copied her movements.

I wanted to ask her so many questions but I held my tongue.

“Thanks,” she muttered gesturing towards her bed and such. I smiled before I could help it. “You’re welcome.” I said honestly.

“Those girls, they were your friends?” I asked; I didn’t mean too, it just slipped out.
She grinned and nodded.

“Yeah, that’s Jason and Danni, they’re my best friends.” She didn’t sound sad, but more…envious. I changed the subject a little.

“Jason? Danni? Troy? Why the boy’s names?” I asked giggling she smiled and leaned back against the bed.

“Were tom boys, and we like our nicknames better than our actual names cause’ our friends gave them to us instead of our parents.”

“Could’ve fooled me…” I muttered at the tom boy thing. She just smiled.

So many questions…

I could tell Troy had some too because she suddenly grinned and sat up
“Wanna play twenty questions, Bella?” she asked I shrugged and said “Sure,”

XxX

So I found out a bit more about Troy than I was expecting.

Her favorite colors are blue, white and black. She has a tattoo of angel wings on her left ankle and a silver belly button jewel she got during a Latin America festival with her friends. Her favorite singers are Shakira and Charice. She speaks both fluent Spanish and Portuguese.

She claims she has no criminal record, although for some reason I found that really hard to believe. Her favorite foods all have some kind of rice in them and she can only cook a select number of items.

We have the same interest in books, and she prefers the rain to the sun. I think that was because I was born in September and she was born in December but it could be something else.

She loves cars, and sports, another difference between us, but I wasn’t expecting us to be entirely alike.

“Okay,” Troy said deliberately when it was her turn. “If you had to choose between becoming a vampire or a werewolf, which would you choose?” I felt my heartbeat accelerate and a cold sweat dewed on the back of my neck.

I could sense some anticipation in her too, and I wondered why that was.

“Vampire,” I said quietly. I heard her snort and looked up in surprise. “What?” I asked, blushing. She shrugged.

“I dunno, I just don’t think the idea of sucking someone dry is very nice, thank you very much. I’d be a werewolf.” I grinned forcefully at her.

“Good thing you don’t have to choose, huh?” I said grimacing at the word you.

Maybe she didn’t have to choose but I did.

She seemed uncomfortable after that too and I went down to make dinner. She came too.

Troy’s POV

Bella made dinner and eventually we both had relaxed. I don’t know what I’d said to freak her out, but we were both pretty twitchy.

I found out her favorite colors are topaz and gold. She blushed when she answered and I decided I didn’t need to know why. She is a model citizen, and moved here last year because she wanted to give her mom the chance to travel with her new bf.

Her favorite singers are Mariah Carey and Carrie Underwood; she prefers the sun to the rain and loves swimming because she can’t trip underwater. I giggled at that but I think she was serious.

I watched her put the finishing touches on some lasagna and licked my lips.

We all ate in silence, Charlie’s presence making it awkward and the doorbell rang. Bella’s face lit up and Charlie scowled. I decided whoever interrupted us, I liked.

Bella all but ran to answer the door and I started washing my plate.

She came back in soon, talking softly to a pale guy that made my back tense.

I suddenly realized why Bella said vampire.

“Hello, Im Edward Cullen,” the leech said pleasantly, his brow was furrowed though a slightly amused yet frustrated expression on his face.

“Im Troy,” I said holding out a hand, he shook it and sure enough his hand was ice cold. It made a shiver run up my spine but I forced a smile.

“Been out in the rain too long Ed, your hand is freezing.” Charlie muttered something before scraping his chair back and lumbering out into the living room. Bella looked between us in shock.

I leaned back against the counter and played with my silver colored earing, yes Im a tomboy, that doesn’t mean I have to look like one.

“So,” I said crossing my arms over my chest and smirking. “So…?” Edward asked amused.
“Are you a vampire or what?” I said quietly, knowing he could hear me. Bella jumped and Edward’s eyes widened.

“Troy!” she hissed and Edward put an icy hand on her shoulder. “No Bella, it’s alright, she’s just observant.” I grinned at the awkwardness and shook my head knowingly.

“Not really, Im just friends with some strange people.” He grinned at that and held Bella’s hand, smilingly.

“I like your sister,” he said grinning still, Bella practically sighed in relief and the rest of the evening went on without a hitch.

XxX

“Troy! Wake up; we have to go to school!” Bella called from the hall. I groaned and rolled over.

I’d been dreading this all weekend, and Bella should’ve known by now that Im not a morning person. “Ugh! Five more minutes!” I whined, sitting up anyways and getting up. I got dressed in a pair of black jeans and dark blue shirt with a black jacket and blue and black converse with skulls on them.

My earrings were gold as were the bangles round my wrist and the wolf charm around my neck.

Bella grinned at me when I came down, taking the stairs four at a time and spinning out on my heel when I reached the bottom.

I ate a bagel quickly and we were off.

Bella stopped her ancient truck in front of a small pale bunch of buildings. I couldn’t help but make a face and Bella chuckled as I got out of the car.

Quite a few heads turned to look at us and I raised an eyebrow.

“What’s that about?” I asked Bella, she glared out at the sea of eyes before turning to me again. “Nothing, the guys here just get a little excited whenever there’s a new face around.” I rolled my eyes.

“Too bad, Hector isn’t here, he has this look that gets people looking away fast.” I joked; she gave me an odd look. “Hector?” she asked. I grinned. “He’s my boyfriend,” I said while we walked to the office.

Bella blinked in surprise, “There’s a story you’ve never told me.” She said smiling. I laughed lightly, causing more heads to turn and said “You didn’t ask.”

XxX

After we got all my stuff, we walked out into the light misting rain and saw Edward waiting for us.

“S’up Ed,” I said, he rolled his eyes and wrapped an arm around Bella. “I do so wish you’d stop calling me that, my name is Edward.”

I pouted and said, “I like the name Ed, it’s shorter and sounds less early 1900’s.” he flipped me off and I giggled.

I had learned all about Edward when he visited Bella my first day. And he said he couldn’t read my mind, which pleased me a lot.

“Well, this is me,” I said stopping outside my class, the bell hadn’t rung yet, but I wanted to be the first on in the class, it was a better way to avoid confrontations.

“Good luck,” Bella said smiling; she gave me a one armed hug. I grinned before going in. Luckily, there was only one boy here already, and he didn’t look like the flirting type.

I was a sophomore, so the next time I saw Bella would be sixth period, we had the same study hall, but not the same lunch, which was a bummer.

It’d have been nice to know at least one person here.

“Hello,” a small petite woman said kindly, she smiled warmly as I made my way to her desk.
“Hi, Im Trinity Marx, but you can call me Troy.” I said sweetly, yeah, I don’t have my dad’s last name, thank god. She smiled too and said, “I’m Ms. Andres, welcome to geography, you can sit anywhere you like.”

I nodded and thanked her going to sit in a group of desks in the back.

I was across from the boy, because he was in the back to and he turned when I faced him. “Hey, Im Austin,” he said holding a hand out across the aisle.

I shook it automatically and it was warm, not werewolf warm, just warm.

“Im Troy,” I said grinning.

I took in his appearance; he had short dark black hair with a chunk of light brown flopping into his eyes in an emo style. He was pale, like me, like most of the people here, and pale hazel eyes.

“Where’d you move from?” he asked curiously. “Port Angeles,” I answered, his eyes widened slightly. “Wow, the city, must be quite a change huh?” I laughed and nodded. “You have no idea,”

So, by the time all the other kids had come in, I was sitting next to Austin giggling and flirting unintentionally. Hector wasn’t gonna know, and it was harmless.

Miss. Andres called the class to order and when it was over Austin walked me to Calculus.

There were assigned seats so I was sulking but it turns out my table buddy was Austin’s girlfriend Natalia. She was nice too, and she raised her hand for every question which made it easier to hide from the piercing gaze of Mr. Salvonie.

Even his name irritated me.

Miraculously I survived and went to Government, and then Spanish. I was able to pay Natalia back for saving me in Calculus by saving her in Español.

Austin, Natalia, and their friends, Mark, Antoine and Chelsea were the only people throughout the day who I talked to who didn’t annoy me. The guys were all huge flirts and the girls were pale boring snobs who thought they were seniors already, prancing around like they owned everyone.

At lunch, I had resolved to sit with them, and then meet up with Bella and Edward for study hall.

I sat down and was welcomed easily, as if I’d always been a part of their little group, and this was a routine.

But I knew I would’ve rather had been eating lunch at school with the pack right now, and the home sickness gnawed at me.

I imagined Lafe throwing fries at his twin, Tabby, and Hector would be trying to keep them from biting each other and phasing. Dominic would hit on Jason and she’d scowl and growl profanities at him in between talking to Danni about basketball tryouts.

Noah and Alex would be texting or listening to music the whole time and Joe would be doing last week’s homework.

Lizzie would sit by herself and not talk to anyone, her head down and her short dark hair flopping into her rabid eyes while Chris would tease her to try to get her to speak, which she wouldn’t do.

The other guys in the pack, Dante, Stefan, Lucas, Ash, and Raphael were older and had better things to do than school, and the only female in the pack who wasn’t in high school was the Raphael’s mate, Katara, who would be cooking for us. Raphael was Alpha.

I suppressed a sigh as my new friends talked around me.

As comfortable as I was here, and as many new friends as I made, it would never be ‘home’ without my pack.