Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 26

Jake promised to visit me tomorrow, and then he took off with Billy.

I went to bed right after that, although Edward was still here. I was exhausted from everything that had happened today, and just wanted to sleep dreamlessly. Of course I was never that lucky.

XxX

The sun wasn’t shining in La Push, but the beach was packed with people, all of whom I recognized.

Everyone was dressed up, including Hector, Danni and Jason, who were sitting near each other. The latter two were in the same icy blue dress that billowed out in the slight breeze that tainted the otherwise humid day.

There was a strange kind of excitement in the air, and that was all I noticed before I was watching the dream from my own eyes, which were facing a forest behind the beach.

“You ready for this Troy?” I recognized Bella’s voice. I turned to see her with honey colored eyes and an incredibly pale face.

There was no shock though, in this dream, it was expected.

“If I say no, will it matter?” my dream self, asked her, causing the vampire Bella to laugh, in a voice that sounded like wind chimes.

“Wedding day jitters,” she diagnosed before leading me away as soft music started playing. Her words sent a shock through me, and I looked down as my dream self to see the white gown I was wearing.

Charlie approached us, a smile on his face and wearing a tux before taking me from Bella.

“We’re up to bat Troy,” he said, and Bella rolled her eyes.

“He does that with everyone,” she stated, too low for his ears to hear. I smiled at that and Charlie grabbed a hold of my arm and Bella fixed my veil over my head.

We walked a way down the beach before coming across the sand made aisle. My dream-self’s eyes scanned over the crowd before stopping at the groom.

Jacob smiled a victorious smile at me.


XxX

I sat up in bed abruptly, to the sun surprisingly, streaming through my window while I hardly noticed. I was too focused on the fact that I had just dreamed of marrying my best friend and not the best friend that I was currently dating either.

Bella came upstairs, seeing surprised to see me awake, before she broke into a smile. I was happy to see that she wasn’t traumatized after yesterday.

“I thought you were going to sleep through the whole day,” she said laughing lightly. I shook my head, still thinking about my dream.

“Well anyways, Jake called, said he was coming over…” she said and I raised an eyebrow at her. “Are you leaving’?” I asked; she nodded. “Yeah, Edward wants to take me…” she paused as if she wasn’t sure if she could tell me. Or as if she couldn’t say it.

“-on a date…” she said hesitantly and I laughed at her confused expression. She swatted at me and I got out of bed.

Apparently, Edward hadn’t done this before. The whole normal teenage date night thing anyways, and I guessed that he was probably trying to distract Bella from the ‘horror’ of what happened yesterday.

Whatever; I’d rather he did it than I had to anyways.

She left the room after a few minutes and I took the opportunity to shift through my dream while I got dressed for the day in a black top and blue jeans. Nothing over-the-top like the white gown in my fantasies.

Edward stole Bella away about five minutes later, and Jacob came in ten.

At the time he had arrived, I was kicking around the thoughts of Trinity Black in my head. I had no idea why it sounded so good.

Shaking my head, I opened the door, to see Jacob grinning down at me, but not with the same smile as in my dream.

I really needed to get that out of my head.

“Hey Jake,” I said, feeling slightly awkward. He didn’t seem to notice, “Hey Troy,” he said, and I moved over to let him in.

“Im really sorry about taking off yesterday,” I said and sat on the couch instead of resuming my spot on the love seat as he did.

“As long as you’re not hurt, I forgive you,” he said, only half way teasing me. I was happy he had enough for half at least anyways.

I flopped back onto the couch and turned on TV, since I didn’t feel up to much else. I was having a lazy day today apparently.

Jake deliberated for a moment, before coming over and sitting next to me on the couch. “Please tell me were not watching Elmo,” he said with fake seriousness as I shifted through the channels. I laughed at him.

“No promises,” I said, and he chuckled. I settled for MTV when the phone rang and I got up to answer it.

“Hello?” I said, twirling the phone cord.

“Hey, how are you?” Hector said on the other line. I didn’t know why, but my stomach dropped at the sound of his voice.

“Im good,” I stated emotionlessly.

“Edward told me…about what happened before Bella,” Hector said, and I clenched my teeth together. Damn minding reading vampire.

“Did he now,” I said more than asked.

“Yeah, and Im sorry I wasn’t there for you,” he asked quietly.

I was silent.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” he said without my response, knowing I wouldn’t give one after only a few seconds.

“Not really,” I admitted, and then quickly rephrasing said; “At least not right now…Im just really torn up about the whole thing. I need time…”

Hector was quicker when he answered than he had been, trying to destroy any fight that might have started before it had the chance to live.

“Gotcha, I gotta go; see you on patrol.”

“Bye,” I muttered, and hung up the phone. For some reason my mood seemed slightly ruined, and I felt as if I should blame Hector for that. I tried to calm down though, and was surprised at how fast it worked.

I wasn’t mad at all when going back to the living room.

I fell onto the couch again, and Jake shifted so he was half way turned towards me before raising an eyebrow.

“Your boyfriend call?” he asked, kinda bitterly. I sighed and didn’t answer. I almost forgot how Jacob got whenever Hector was mentioned.

“I don’t wanna talk to him right now,” I said quietly, surprising him. His eyebrows crunched together so his face now held a cute confused expression.

“Why not?” he asked me, causing me to shrug. “I’d rather talk to you.” I said, without thinking it through. I mentally cursed when I did, before seeing the happiness in his eyes.

Jacob’s POV

My heart was pounding, ready to burst. Troy has said she preferred me to Hector.

Before I could remind myself that I shouldn’t really be showing how much I enjoyed that though, Troy poked me roughly in the side.

“Don’t let that go to your head now,” she teased, rolling her eyes cutely.

Too late.

Instead of saying that though, I made my eyes widen in mock surprise. “Did you just poke me?” I demanded, aghast. She laughed at me, and I felt proud for shifting the conversation. I could be happy about what she had said later.

“Watcha gonna do about it?” she said cockily, tilting her head to the side in another adorable move, stealing a bit of my heart away in the process.

I smirked, and it was game on. Troy’s eyes widened as I launched myself at her tiny form tickling every bit of her I could reach.

Troy squealed, laughing and giggling before jumping up and running from me, right out of the house.

I felt insanely happy as I chased after her out to the trail beyond her house, catching her in the woods. She couldn’t stop laughing and I couldn’t stop smiling as I held onto her while also tickling her still, my fingers dancing along her skin.

“A-a-a-ah…I-I…g-g-give, I give,” she panted, and I stopped, but continued to hold onto her hips. I grinned brightly as she playfully swatted at my chest.

She was panting; looking up at the sky with her head tilted back and a distant expression on her face, as if she wasn’t really here. I pulled her closer to me without noticing, and bent my head a bit more so I could see her face clearer.

Her eyes met mine where I was leaning down to see her expression, and all of a sudden, we weren’t playing anymore.

Her eyes stayed locked on mine while she turned in my arms, and I found that in an instant they had become unreadable. Guarded.

She was so close.

I inhaled a shaky breath and her sweet vanilla and berries scent filled my nose, intoxicating me. My hands were trembling, but not from anger as I watched her watching me.

“Jake,” she whispered quietly, and I took it as a conformation.

I slowly started leaning my head in and Troy didn’t protest as she stretched to meet me half way, her arms winding around my neck.

“Que quowle,” I whispered, a breath away from Troy’s lips and unable to contain myself from uttering that sentence.

We were so focused; our lips just about to touch so we didn’t even notice the car pull up at Troy’s, a bit further back from the trail we were on until…

“Troy?” I heard someone call, and I jerked away from her, shock leaking into my veins as I dropped my hold on her waist. She did the same to my neck and her expression mirrored mine.

I looked back towards the house just as a maybe twenty something guy, walked past the bend in the trees and towards us.

I watched as Troy’s eyes narrowed at him, although I could see a slight edge of pain hidden in them that made my heart go out to her, and hate the guy even more than I already did, which was already a lot considering he had just ruined the moment.

Immediately, I felt defensive, slipping an arm around Troy’s waist as the guy slowly approached us from the house.

The guy stared at us for a long moment, while everyone waited for someone else to say something.

“What are you doing here,” Troy said coldly. I was surprised at her tone of voice. It was so unlike her to be so heartless.

“I just wanna talk,” he said quietly, sounding sincere but you never knew anymore what people’s motives were.

“I don’t wanna speak to you,” she said stiffly, like she had said about Hector earlier. My hand tightened around her waist slightly and the guy noticed.

“Please,” he said in a hushed tone, his expression haunting. Troy glared at him, and then her eyes flashed to my confused face and softened. I held her gaze for a long moment, extremely aware that only a second ago her eyes were staring into my own about to kiss me.

“Talk,” she said quietly, before tearing her gaze from mine. The guy clearly floundered for a second while he thought of what to say.

“Look, Troy, Im sorry about what happened with mom, and I know that you’re really confused right now…but I just stopped by to apologize,” the guy stuttered, as it suddenly clicked into place.

He was one of her brothers.

Troy blinked in surprise, taking half a step forward as I moved with her, keeping my hold on her waist.

“What for?” she asked softly, and her eyes smoldered. I didn’t take my eyes off her as the guy responded again, this time much faster than last time.

“For not being around. I knew who you were and had I basic idea where you were. I could’ve come looking for you sooner…I could’ve helped when things got tough...”

Oh god was the guy choking up?

Troy gently pried my hands off her waist and walked forward, tossing me a reassuring glance and helping me when I struggled to stay put.

“You’re forgiven; I was never mad at you anyways, just confused about everything.” She said, and I felt oddly left out. Like I should give them their moment.

“Um Troy…” I stated, getting the two of their attention.

With them right next to each other they really did look alike.

“I uh- I think Im gonna go,” I said, edging back uncomfortable.

“Is this guy your boyfriend?” the guy asked a slight smirk to his features. Despite the fact that I wanted to smack the expression off his face for being yet another person to jump to this conclusion, I couldn’t help the thrill that went through me at the thought of it.

“No. He’s my best friend.” She said, and I hid my hurt at how simple it sounded. It shouldn’t have sounded that way, but that’s exactly what I was to my imprint. A best friend.

A best friend she had almost kissed in the middle of the woods, but a best friend all the same.

“Oh, well you don’t have to leave,” he addressed me. “Im Alejandro, or AJ…and Troy’s brother.” He stated, seeming proud to be able to admit that fact.

“Im Jake,” I said, still half way retreating. Troy noticed that and gestured for me to stay.

I couldn’t have resisted that if I tried, so I walked with them back to the house, stopping to admire the vehicle outside.

Apparently, Troy’s brothers were filthy rich too, because the black Lamborghini in the drive was worth more than my house and everything in it. Including me.

After Troy dragged me away from it, and AJ promised me I could drive it one of these days, we all went inside and chatted while Troy and her brother got caught up.

We sat on the couch again, with AJ on the loveseat and Troy with her feet in my lap. He left after a few hours, before Charlie got back from his fishing trip.