Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 27

Troy’s POV

I had never really wanted a brother, but then again I had never really wanted a sister either, but now that Bella and Alejandro had fallen into my life, I can’t imagine not having them around.

Jake and I were in school now, in Ms. Andres’ class, working on a group project. Embry and Austin had become friends, and had partnered up with each other immediately, so Jake us both from being stuck with someone else.

Somehow I felt like Embry and Austin had planned the whole thing telepathically the second partners were announced but I let it slide. It was easier to talk with Jacob about yesterday with my brother, and the future with Embry and Danni this way.

We were torn about how we could set them up, knowing that even if we got them alone in the same place, at the same time they wouldn’t make much progress on their own.

Ten minutes left to go in class and Jake and I were done with our work for the day, chattering quietly, although we hadn’t stopped, and grateful for the noise in the class room covering our voices.

And the whole time, I couldn’t help but watch Jake with rapped attention, feeling that strange draw to him I’d been receiving ever since I became a wolf.

I caught myself thinking about him more and more over the course of the day too, and as if that wasn’t bad enough, during Calculus, Natalia caught me doodling little hearts all over my homework and asked what was on my mind.

It took me a few second surprisingly, and when I responded, what had come out had been “Hector,” which was a lie. I honestly hadn’t thought about him in a while, but I knew I should seriously start considering doing it more often seeing as I had patrol with him tonight.

There was no need to give Hector a reason to kill Jacob just because I couldn’t control my thoughts about him for a while.

I succeeded in way of distractions but during Gym, I was sitting out while waiting for a volleyball court to open when I lost control again.

I was watching Jake and the rest of his pack play before Edward came over and plopped next to me as his team switched out with another one.

“You know,” he stated in a teasing voice that immediately made me suspicious. “You think of Jacob a lot more than you think of Hector,” he said quietly, almost a whisper.

I scowled at no one in particular and pretended to ignore him, which was a wasted effort and I knew it.

“Don’t think I don’t know about all those times you’d jump him during basketball season,” he whispered, so only I could hear.

And I snapped at him.

Stay out of it, I snarled in my head. He chuckled quietly and muttered about me being defensive while I glared at him sideways, making sure to keep Jacob out of my head as I did before.

XxX

I walked to lunch beside Natalia and Chelsea, trying to keep up with what the latter was saying and I was surprised to see our table was nearly full already.

Antoine was sitting beside Paul, and Jake, Embry, Quil, Jared, and Kim were there two, with Austin talking to Embry.

I was surprised to Ant and Paul getting along, but brushed the thoughts aside as I took one of the last remaining seats in between Embry and Jacob, since Nat sat next to Austin on the other side of the table and Chels next to Kim.

Jake smiled at me, and my heart melted a bit before I caught the conversations going on around the table.

Two of the science teachers apparently scheduled some camping trip with another school to teach us about plant life or something.

“What school?” I asked, trying to see the flyer’s Paul and Jared had pulled out over Kim’s head. “Yours,” Jake muttered, somewhat dryly.

Port Angeles High and Forks High were having a field trip together? It didn’t seem like the worst idea to me, but Jacob was upset about it.

I had to think for like half of lunch to figure out why, and once I did it seemed obvious. My old group of friends was there, and my new ones were here, which was enough of a contradiction.

But besides that though, Hector went to school there, and Jake didn’t like him, like at all. Lovely.

I could just hope that they wouldn’t fight or something stupid like that, for my sake.

XxX

Jake was still in a sour mood by the time we got to 7th period Bio. He sat down next to me, and said nothing, staring at the board and scowling.

Right at the beginning of class, Mr. Owen told us all about the three day camping trip in the woods.

Piper’s crew, who were all in this class, groaned out loud as he described what our schedule was for the trip (since apparently only the first day there was for research and the rest of the time was a free period, and Jacob gritted his teeth beside me.

I scowled at Pipers crew, thinking randomly about how long it had been since Piper didn’t come to school, and why she wasn’t back yet. Broken jaws healed after about 6 weeks, and she'd be able to come long before that. I heard rumors she was transferred, but who knows whats true and whats not these days.

Jake snapped me out of my thoughts though, handing me a flyer while glaring at his hands. It was bright neon orange…like a highlighter…

I took it automatically, getting distracted from my thoughts of bitchy teenage girls by the still irritated expression on Jacob’s face as he glared at the board.

I rested a hand lightly on his arm, feeling electricity run through me at the touch and butterflies fill my stomach. He shifted his head to look at me, and I watched as his anger slowly melted away at the look on my face.

He shook his head sadly, and stared at where my hand was resting on my arm with longing in his eyes now instead of anger.

I dropped my arm after a second, thinking I got my point across and unable to admit that I was starting to become more and more addicted to Jacob, and would do just about anything to see him happy.

XxX

I threw my bag down on the kitchen table after I got home. Dad wasn’t due back for another four hours and I was stumped on what to do.

Bella and Edward sat in the living room, quickly finishing their homework before they walked in to see me.

“Emmett told me to ask if you might like to play baseball with us this afternoon; there’s a storm coming.” Edward said, and I raised an eyebrow. I barely knew the leech and he was asking for me.

“I have patrol tonight,” I warned, standing up. Edward smiled crookedly at me, “I am aware; Hector and Danni will be coming too so Im sure you won’t miss it.”

Oh, well he could’ve said that first.

Edward chuckled at the thought and I shrugged easily, “Yeah sure why not, I’ll come,” I said, and we were off.

XxX

“So have you ever gone with them before Bella?” I asked as we drove off road in Edward’s dainty little Volvo. This vamp was nuts.

“Once,” she admitted, seemingly uncomfortable about it. “What happened?” I asked curiously, sensing something had.

“Oh you know same old, same old. Some nomad vampire smelled me and tried to eat me,” Bella said the words casually, although Edward was tense in the driver’s seat.

“I take it he failed,” I said just as casually, and she nodded while Edward pulled off the dirt road we were on into a small, dirt circle, where one other car already resided. It was Hector and Jason’s Hummer.

I hoped out of the shiny car and took off quickly finding the clearing everyone was in and walking right up to my wolves. Hector smiled at me, and kissed me lightly on the lips, as he hadn’t done that in weeks, but then he turned his attention entirely over to Edward, who was just carrying Bella in.

For some reason, I wasn’t irritated by this, as Emmett rushed over and hugged me, as if we were old friends and said with his booming voice right in my ear, “Glad you could come.”

XxX

Danni and I sat out with Bella while Esme refereed and Jason and Hector played too. Danni and I would probably join later.

Right now though, the teams were; Emmett, Alice, Jason and Jasper against Carlisle, Rosalie, Edward, and Hector.

Edward’s team was winning so far, cause’ Edward was so fast, but it was only by about two runs and Emmett was determined to catch up.

Danni chatted quietly with me while Hector ran after a foul ball. “So how’s Jacob,” she asked casually, knowing how close we were.

The question made me uncomfortable, and I avoided it. “Don’t you mean ‘how is Embry,’” I teased, while Bella ignored us.

She blushed lightly. But she didn’t sway from the subject, although Hector was back. “Why are you avoiding the topic, Troy?” She asked. I scowled at a pine tree off in the distance. “I wasn’t,” I muttered.

She snorted, “Right,” and another ball was hit like the crack of thunder going off.

“I think you avoid talking about him because you dont want anyone to catch on to how into him you are,” she whispered, so I barely heard her. My head snapped to her when I realized what she said though. I knew my face was probably a dead giveaway and I was right.

“See,” Danni teased, and I growled quietly, before my face softened and cracked. There was no use fighting the fact that I had feelings for Jacob.

“You better hide your thoughts,” I said stiffly, flinching at the sound when Rosalie and Edward crashed into each other, both after the sky high ball. Rosalie hissed at him and he smiled and shrugged.

“Why, so your little complications-bestie-boyfriend doesn’t find out? Isn’t he up for a little competition?” she said, smirking with a tilted head. I groaned softly at the nickname she secretly gave Hector and shook my head.

“There is no competition Danni, and you need to drop that nickname already before he catches you.” I snapped, still whispering.

She shook her head. “Nope can’t,” she said smugly, and I stuck my tongue at her. “Fine then you’re dropping this conversation instead,” I said and before she could respond I quickly prompted her.

“So now about you and Embry…” I began and she groaned out loud.