Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 28

“Admit it,” I hissed at Danni, mercilessly poking her. She shyly turned her head down and continued to mumble words of her denial at me.

“C’mon Danni, admit you like Embry and I’ll stop,” I whined, poking her a few more times. She swiped me defensively and I could tell she was wavering.

No one was paying attention to us, after switching out turns to play with Hector and Jason I had helped Emmett put his team in the lead. It didn’t seem like the others would be catching up soon.

“Im not admitting anything,” Danni grumbled. Bella watched us silently, as she had been doing. I sighed and poked Danni again while her face twitched in annoyance.

XxX

It was easier than I thought, later during patrol, to keep my thoughts from straying. I concentrated solely on the moment and didn’t relive any memories, which kept Hector in the dark about my earlier thoughts today. The ones all about Jacob.

Danni wasn’t so careful though, and she thought about Embry a lot. A lot more than someone who ‘didn’t like Embry’ should. I couldn’t wait to tell Jake.

Speaking which, the silly mutt had called about three times since the baseball game had started until I got back home; the calls were all kinda spread out time wise so I guessed he was just calling me out of boredom. I would talk to him about it tomorrow.

Jacob’s POV

My god I missed Troy.

I supposed I probably deserved the silent treatment though, since I had been so miserable earlier at school. Troy might not want to deal with my random mood swings after that, and I couldn’t blame her.

But honestly, it seems like whenever I get close enough to Troy, Hector just seems to ruin everything, like I was sure he was going to ruin this trip with her.

I sighed to myself as I thought about it, trying not to imagine how things would happen and forever forcing the thoughts out of my head that tried to imagine Hector sneaking into Troy’s tent…

Angry at myself, I threw myself back onto my bed, closing my eyes and trying to let sleep steal away my depressed thoughts so I could wake up and see Troy at school tomorrow.

What I wouldn’t give just to have Trinity be mine.

XxX

“Hey Jake, sorry I missed your calls. I was playing baseball with Hector, Danni and the Cullen’s.” Troy said, smiling innocently after claiming her seat in Geography. We had a substitute today, who wasn’t really paying attention to any of us.

Troy was sitting next to me since Embry and Austin were together again. I swear, only a few days and those two were best friends. I didn’t see the connection honestly, since they were polar opposites, but I guessed it didn’t matter.

Hearing Troy say that she was with the Cullen’s and Hector brought back a whole bunch of bad memories. Like when Troy ran off with Edward to save Bella and I didn’t even notice.

It also brought back those bad memories where I recalled that Edward was best friends with the bane of my existence. And why wouldn’t he be? Of course the two guys who had both stolen from me were best buddies…

I felt pitiful.

Last night I had sat at home missing her when she had been having the time of her life with Hector, Danni and the leeches.

Seriously, how much lower could I get?

“Sounds fun,” I said blankly, trying to hide my pathetic hurt. “Who won?” I asked, faking interest. I don’t think she bought it though.

“Emmett, Alice, Jasper, Jason, and me.” She said, saying Emmett’s and Alice’s names a bit more affectionately than she did the others. They must’ve been closer to her than the others were, although it was hard to imagine her getting along with anyone but little Alice.

She and the pixie were often hanging out during school hours and at first I thought it was because she was close to Bella but now I see that Troy actually does like the vamp.

It was kind of weird to me, but then again there were many things about Troy that I didn’t understand, and many things I knew I’d never figure out.

“Do they know about the trip,” I blurted, which was the first thing that came to mind after shaking off my thoughts.

Troy nodded, not seeming to like the way the conversation went. I didn’t blame her for that. I wanted to kick myself for my stupid attitude yesterday.

“Im sorry, about yesterday…” I said awkwardly, turning my face away from her piercing gaze. “You’re forgiven,” she said softly, as she always does when I mess up.

She didn’t ask why I had acted that way, or what had caused me to act so coldly towards her, and for that I was grateful. Although I was sure she already knew. She missed nothing.
Except of course for the fact that I imprinted on her.

“I really am,” I said, my eyebrows pinching together as I tried to think of a way to make her understand. She just laughed lightly and took a notebook out of her bag.

“Jake, I believe you, trust me,” She stated, starting to doodle. I couldn’t help it. I cracked a smile.

“So have you heard back from AJ?” I asked her curiously, the thought coming to me as I watched her start to doodle a Lamborghini driving on a road by the beach.

“Nope,” she said casually. Her eyes turned up to look at me. “But he said that he, Chris and Shawn were gonna be in town longer than they thought. They wanna stick around so they can hang with me, since their dad is away on business anyways.”

“What I wouldn’t give to be reunited with AJ’s car,” I said dreamily. Troy laughed at me, and the sound was just as beautiful as ever.

The bell ruined it though as Troy hopped from her seat and exited the room to go to her next class.

Troy’s POV

At lunch my friends and Jacob’s friends sat together again and it was fine. Like Antoine and Paul hadn’t hated each other a week ago, and hadn’t ever talked before yesterday.

Paul and Antoine didn’t have a lot in common, besides the whole hate for authority and Paul’s womanizing status of course. But then again, what did I know for what made a good friend? I know I’ll never understand the bond between Embry and Austin, that’s for sure.

XxX

“Ugh my head hurts,” I muttered as the roar of Bella’s ancient truck started an onslaught of pain in my skull.

“You okay?” Bella asked concerned as we started to drive home. I shrugged and my eyes slipped closed. “I guess, I just have a really random headache all of a sudden.” I said and I could hear her concern in her answer.

“Take a breather for a while when we get home,” she said. I nodded weakly.

XxX

“Your head feeling any better?” Jacob asked over the phone the next morning. I was missing school today due to the fact that the tiniest noises were sending skull shattering tremors in my head.

“No,” I mumbled, eyes tightly shut. For some reason Jacob’s voice wasn’t hurting my head, but that could’ve been a coincidence.

I hadn’t slept all night cause of the pain in my head, and Charlie let me stay home while he went to work because he knew that if I was sick, then there was no arguing cause’ it took a lot to decapitate me this way.

“I wish I could do something to take the pain away,” Jake whispered after a dragging silence. And I entirely believed him. I sighed and then winced. Jacob was quiet for a long time.

“I’ll stop by to see you later,” he said quietly and I wondered what class he had skipped to talk to me. I was too exhausted to ask.

“Okay, bye Jake,” I croaked. I heard the unwillingness in his voice. He didn’t want to stop talking to me, but he didn’t want me to hurt anymore either.

“Bye Troy,” and then to my relief the line went dead.

XxX

“Hey Jake, hey Edward,” I muttered as they both walked in together. I was surprised to see that, but not entirely.

“How are you?” Jake asked, sitting careful on my bed as if I’d break if it jostled me. I shrugged and closed my eyes when I answered, the blankets twisted loosely around my ankles and my pillow thrown across the room in frustration.

Jacob’s hot hands brushed my hair back from my face, which didn’t bother me. I didn’t have a fever or anything. Not that it was possible as a wolf anyways.

“I don’t know what’s wrong,” I grumbled, turning into Jacob’s hand as he cupped my face. I felt slightly better with him here.

“Maybe I should call Hector,” Edward stated from where he had seated himself in the old rocking chair in the corner.

Jacob tensed up, and I shook my head that was still in his hand. The last thing I needed was for Hector to say something to make Jacob leave. I’d rather wait out the pain than have those two fighting.