Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 29

Jake somehow ended up in the bed with me, holding me in his arms like the night I’d slept over. Edward hadn’t left the room and Jacob kept whispering profanities at him. He wanted him gone, but Edward felt the same way about him.

“You’re not her warden Cullen, if Troy wants me to be here than I’ll be here until she sends me away,” Jacob whisper-hissed when I was close to unconsciousness. They probably thought I was under, because they continued their hushed argument.

“I may not be, but I am dating Bella and also, I don’t appreciate your attempts to steal my best friend’s girlfriend.”

Jacob growled and I could feel his chest vibrate. “I’ve got news for you; your best friend isn’t around. He wasn’t here when Troy was suspended, or when she was hurting over her mother betraying her, and he sure as hell isn’t here now.”

What a strange dream.

But Jake was right now that I thought about it. Hector was never around, and not just because he lived far away, cause’ in hindsight it wasn’t really that far. Jake lived a ways away but he came to see me at every moment it was possible.

I was gone now, the discussion no longer apparent in my mind as my dreams started to numb my headache.

XxX

“It was just a freak headache,” I explained, sitting up in bed with Jake beside me and Bella and Edward in the same position on Bella’s bed.

“I feel fine now,” I said quietly, confused by the utter randomness of it all. Im not one for suddenly having mind-blowing headaches and then having them disappear into thin air.

“I still think we should talk to Hector about this,” Edward said, “It could be one of the signs that your abilities are coming.”

Jacob’s glare at Edward changed to a confused look. “What abilities?” Jacob asked accusingly, his gaze shifting to me. It was easy to see the betrayal starting to leak into his eyes at not knowing something so I reassured him.

“Hector and his dad think that I might be getting some ‘special abilities’ or something soon, and that’s why being a wolf is so easy for me,” I explained casually. Jacob frowned and I stroked his arm, trying not to be conspicuous about it.

“I’ll call him later,” I said to Edward, not giving him the chance to say he’d do it. It’s be easier for me to explain what had been going on with me, and plus, my dad was just pulling up.

XxX

After talking to Hector, he was excited to tell me that Joe had the same ‘symptoms’ before he got his future seeing ability.

He told me to keep him updated on anything else that happened with me and that was it for our conversation. I personally didn’t see the good part in all this.

My headaches hurt and I wasn’t sure if I wanted the powers if this was the price I had to pay.

XxX

A few days passed since that last headache, and the day after tomorrow was the field trip for science. The permission slip is signed and accounted for and so far both my whole pack and Jacob’s are in for the trip.

Jason is bummed because she isn’t in the right grade for the trip, but she promised me that her wolf-self may just make an appearance while some scary stories are told.

I laughed at her when she told me this, and let her know that I would be sure to talk Hector into telling some freaky wolf stories for her benefit. He was good at that kind of thing.

Im currently in the kitchen watching Bella make enchiladas. Yum.

She was kind of sour because she and Edward had gotten in to a little tiff about something stupid.

Bella wanted to be with the Cullen’s at the fight practice, which had yet to be scheduled due to some of the vamps being away on a recon mission and the other half out hunting.

I wasn’t expecting him to come over, so I was a bit surprised when he showed up.

“Bella can we please talk about this? What you’re asking for is completely unreasonable.” Edward said when Bella ignored his presence completely.

I decided to go to my room to give the pair some privacy.

Jake had patrol now and I did tonight so I wouldn’t be able to see him today. It made me sad to think that. I was having a terrible time going without him recently.

Edward and Bella’s argument grew louder downstairs, and I winced at the sudden pain in my head. The pain grew harsher as their argument grew louder.

I stumbled down the stairs, hoping to get out of the house, but I ended up in the middle of the argument when Bella dragged me into it.

I couldn’t make sense of what anyone was saying anymore, and the yelling had stopped. They were both now staring at me but I couldn’t hear a thing they were saying over the pain.

Both of them noticed that I was hurting, and stopped the fight, Bella’s frantic voice incomprehensible as I started to sink down.

Edward’s icy hand gripped my arm, and that was the last thing I felt before I blacked out.

XxX

I woke up lying on the couch, Edward poised over me in a protective way while I heard Bella frantically hissing on the phone.

My head wasn’t pounding any longer, and I tried to sit up and clear my head but Edward pushed me back.

“Don’t move,” he whispered.

Why?

His jaw clenched, but he said nothing. My heart dropped like I’d just fell out of a plane at the look in his eyes.

What happened? I demanded, fear clouding my stomach.

“You almost killed Bella,” he stated, and the fire in his eyes flared up. My heart stopped for a second, and then starting pounding viciously.

“What?” I whispered out loud.

Bella was suddenly there, completely unharmed but with a hysterical look in her eyes as she nearly tackled me on the couch hugging me fiercely.

“Oh my goodness Troy, are you okay? What happened to you?” She blubbered and I became confused even more so than before. Why would she hug me if I had almost killed her? How did I almost kill her?

“What happened?” I repeated in a whisper.

She said nothing, but her eyes flashed to the kitchen and I sat up so I could see what she was looking at. I gasped.

Knives were cluttered on the ground, the microwave ripped from the top of the stove and the fridge and stove themselves pushed away from the wall like they were dragged forward. The dinner Bella had been making was all over the place.

It looked like a tornado hit.

“Everything with metal in it suddenly went haywire right before you collapsed,” Edward said, glaring at the knives. I imagined that they had flown forward and ricocheted off the wall. The knives must’ve been what had almost hurt Bella…

“I think…I think I need some air,” I mumbled, jumping from the couch and ignoring Bella’s protests behind me and Edward’s telling her to let me go.

I ran for a long time, not sure where I was going because Jacob was unavailable. I could’ve seen Hector, but I didn’t want to.

I felt bad for thinking that, but it was the truth. I never wanted to see Hector anymore. He wasn’t as major a factor in my life as he had been before I met Jacob and I guess Im okay with that now.

I thought of the future while I ran, and almost immediately after that, I knew where I had to go.

Hector had told me the one other person with special abilities was Joe, who saw the future. If anyone could help me feel better besides Jake, it would be him.

I changed course, heading towards Port Angeles and hoping he wouldn’t be busy today. I knew where he lived, seeing as he and I were casual friends when I had lived closer. Not nearly as close as me, Danni, Jason and Hector, or even as me and Lafe, but we got along fine.

His house was small, typical for the city, and painted a deep green color with a dark brown wooden trim. He was outside when I slowed my run to a walk, washing his brand new Chevy truck before turning to look at me in shock.

“Troy?” he asked, well more like gasped, as if my showing up here was more shocking than an explosion.

“Hey Joe,” I said to the blonde haired blue-eyed boy who apparently saw visions of the future. “Got a second?” I asked.

XxX

“So you just…snapped?” Joe asked me as we sat in his room talking. I nodded limply, feeling ashamed at having to admit that.

He patted my knee like a consoling brother.

“It’s not your fault you know, everyone has a side they can’t control; for the others it’s their wolves. For the vampires it’s their blood lust. For humans…it can be a variety of sins. For us it’s our abilities.”

I sighed. When he put it that way it was easy to look at it the way he did.

“You’ve got this all figured out, haven’t you?” I muttered. He laughed and nodded, while proceeding to ask me all about what I had been feeling when I had torn the kitchen apart, hoping that something I said could help him help me.