Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 32

Jake and I sort of had a plan for when Danni showed up.

The second part of it was for us to get Embry and Danni alone together. The first was a bit more complicated in the way that Jake and I had to organize it. The timing had to be good, or it wouldn’t work right…

“I’ll be taking this,” A voice suddenly said, and it surprised me because I hadn’t seen Lafe exit the Hummer Hector, Joe, and Danni were in.

He was getting faster. And sneakier, which concerned me greatly.

He grabbed me around the waist and lifted me up before I could react and carried me away from Jake and the guys who stared at us, Jacob looking seriously pissed.

“Lafe!” I whined as he dropped me on my feet beside Danni who grinned at me. Hector didn’t greet me, but continued talking to Joe.

Joe was closer to Hector than he was to me before this whole ‘powers’ thing went down, but I wondered if that’d change…

“Sorry Troy; Danni paid me five bucks for a full delivery,” Lafe said waving a bill at my face. I slapped his hand and stuck my tongue at him immaturely.

Danni chuckled and I rolled my eyes at her but said nothing. She probably had just been too chicken to walk over and get me because Embry was there. I smiled at the thought.

Speaking of which, he was glancing our way now, a small smile on his face and looking only at Danni.

I knew her well enough that I could tell she was fighting a blush, and I had eyes good enough that I could see she was losing, although she was looking pointedly away from Embry.

“Where’s Tabby, – my voice twisted on her name without thought – Chris, Noah and Alex?” I asked Danni to save her…before I threw her to the sharks later.

She actually focused on me now instead of pretending to, “Tabby and Chris caught a ride with some basketball players and Noah and Alex probably overslept. Again.” She rolled her eyes and smiled.

They were always Noah and Alex. Never one or the other because they were always together.

“And Lizzie?” I asked her, but Hector answered, suddenly paying attention. “She wasn’t feeling well on patrol last night; I sent her home early to get some rest. She might not come,” Hector frowned, worried about her and I nodded.

Danni started talking to me more as we walked to sign in and Joe followed behind us. I knew he had something to say, but he was patient and waited for Danni to finish. I personally would’ve cut in a long time ago.

Danni caught on though and signed her name as Joe questioned me on how I was. He smiled and his bright teeth caught the dim light coming through the trees above us. I hated how even he seemed like he was a few hundred inches taller than me.

I answered all his questions for him and then once he was done I finally got the courage to glance over at Jacob, Embry in Quil. Jake was still mad, it was obvious, but the others hadn’t seemed too bothered seeing me get kidnapped.

It was hard to convince myself who I should be with right now. Hector or Jake, but the decision was made fairly easy when Hector didn’t even notice me.

“You’re coming with me,” I said to Danni, which wasn’t part of me and Jake’s master plan, but was my excuse to go and talk to him.

“Okay…” she said slowly as I grabbed her and dragged her over.

“Danni had me kidnapped,” I state as soon as were close enough to the boys. Embry gives her an odd look she bristles from and Quil laughs. I can’t read Jake’s expression, but it seems sort of…relieved.

“Lafe wanted to do it,” Danni muttered under her breath, but we could all hear it and she knew that.

Jacob’s POV

Breath in, breath out, breath in, breathe out.

I repeated this to myself, slowing my breathing and shaking so Troy wouldn’t get worked up about upsetting me.

I hated how easily I lost control when it came to her boyfriend and her friends. I had already promised myself that this time would be different…that I wouldn’t ruin this trip for myself and her but that was blown out the window the second that the guy I didn’t know grabbed her.

Lafe...Troy talked about him the most probably besides Danni, Hector and Hector’s little sister. I had only seen him one other time, at the Swan’s house when Bella disappeared.

Troy’s whole pack had been there, and although I didn’t know their names well, if at all, I think I got a good enough look at all of them to guess if I had to.

The things she said were always filled with affection, although he couldn’t have been any different than Antoine from lunch.

The variety of friends Troy has surprises me sometimes.

“Hey guys,” Danni greeted me, Quil and Embry after Troy roughly nudged her in ribs. Danni had been staring at the ground and muttering before then.

“Hi Danni,” I said to her. My anger vanished as Hector and Lafe disappeared in the distance. The five of us needed to sign in too, so we went together.

There were so many kids cluttered around from both classes. It was the first day of the trip and tomorrow we’d have to do the research stuff. Then we had our free day.

The rain was holding off for now, and that made me ecstatic. Mostly because Troy was ecstatic. She was so happy to be here, even though I knew it was hard on her to be torn in half by the two packs.

Also, the sunlight made her look angelic, and it reminded me of this morning, which seemed like an eternity ago.

I sighed quietly and Quil and Danni sent me an odd look because Embry and Troy were talking about an assignment they had both already finished.

“You okay man?” Quil whispered. I nodded to him, shoulders slumping. Troy heard him and looked back at me, a frown forming on her face where it shouldn’t be and her eyebrows crunching before she bit her lip the way she always does when she worries.

I smiled at her warmly to try and keep her happy and she seemed to relax.

The science teachers were a bit frazzled when we reached them, all trying to keep order and get everything situated. It was a hassle just to make sure that they checked our names off their attendance list but we managed.

XxX

I was in a bad mood.

Not only did Quil and I get stuck sharing a tent with Paul, but also whatever whore he decided he would be sleeping with for this trip. Lord knows that’s the only reason he came in the first place.

Don’t get me wrong, Paul’s a great friend and brother, but he was a total ass. And he hit on Troy a lot, which I was most definitely not, okay with. I swear that girl has more admirers than I can keep up with. But it wasn’t her fault.

“Maybe we could get Paul to trade with Embry?” Quil suggested, as we pitched the tent alone. I mean, it wasn’t like it was that hard or anything, because of the wolf thing and all, but it was still annoying that he was playing hooky.

“There’s no way he’d do it. He knows that we’ll put up with his womanizing but Mark and Austin probably won’t, especially with how tight a leash Troy has on them.

I smiled at the thought, despite the aggravation.

Troy had already taken, Antoine and Mark aside, along with Lafe and Joe (the guy who helped her with her um…issue) and given them one hell of a talk about ‘the birds and the bees’ even though most of them already knew. They were begging her to stop.

It was hilarious to watch their faces for that. Like their own mothers were scolding them, and I only wished that Paul had seen it. Or that I had caught it on tape.

Troy would always make me smile, even when I didn’t want to.

Troy’s POV

I did get to share my tent with Danni, but I didn't get Natalie and Chelsea. Or Lizzie, who showed up after a while.

There was one other girl with us, but she was shy. Her name was Whitney and she kept away from us. Some girls had more tent mates than others, and it was the same for the guys, depending on how the teachers had assigned us.

All in all, it could’ve been worse.

Chelsea, Lizzie and Natalie got put together, with Christina, which was going to be awkward. Tina and us hadn’t been on speaking terms for the longest time, and even though she didn’t vote to keep me out of the pack, she also didn’t explain herself either.

Miracle of all miracles, Tabby ended up sharing with Piper’s crew.

Was fate playing some sick joke on me by having all the people who hate me share the same tent, plotting things they’d never get away with and sharing evil laughs and nail polish?

I could only wait and see.

This trip was most definitely going to be interesting, but I wasn’t sure if it was a good interesting or a bad interesting…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know...I suck. Mega super busy lately and Im sorry. I would've updated sooner but school started and as I am in a technical high school for automechanics, the work is intense. I'll update again as soon as i can :)