Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 38

Troy's POV

It only took a few minutes for everyone here to drift off into twos and threes. Paul, and I were our own little group, because at the moment Jacob had drifted off to talk with Quil and Hector was hanging out with Lizzie and Lafe.

It was a good day to come to the beach, the rain gone although the clouds stayed behind. It was very warm, but a slight breeze kept it from being hot enough to sweat.

Paul was kind of skeptical about my choice, when I told him of how I had told each boy, but he forgot about it when I brought up, sheepishly, what had happened back with me and Jacob in the parking lot.

Since we were isolated, I didn't really worry about who might be listening.

Paul shook his head at me, that same cold bitter look on his face as he waited for me to finish and get everything out, before he spoke.

"So you stopped him?" he asked after a while, his eyes straying towards Jacob, who was hissing at Quil some distance away, a desperate look on his face.

"Of course I did. I didn't want Destiny's sloppy seconds!" I growled, snapping at him a little.

Paul, calmer than I'd have thought possible for him, listened only to my words, and ignored my tone. I appreciated that.

"Fair enough, but didn't you want him to kiss you?" he said, getting right to the hard question. I was quiet for a long time after that, biting my lip off before I sighed.

"No de esta manera," I muttered, and Paul looked at me confusedly, while I shook my head and got up, walking away to go and get my feet wet in the water.

Jacob's POV

"You okay Jake?" Quil asked when I walked up. I had to get away from Troy for a little, or else I might break down.

"No," I groaned, tugging at my hair. He sighed and clapped me on the back, his eyes strayed to Troy, sitting on the sand with Paul. Paul's face was smooth, listening to her speak.

I didn't bother hearing what they were saying. I didn't want to know.

"She'll come back man, she cant stay away forever," Quil assured me, and I tilted a head to the side, staring at him whilst also keeping Troy in my vision.

I saw her eyes flick my way before she threw herself back into the conversation with rapped attention.

It hurt so bad to know that she was going to be so far away.

Probably not thinking about me half as much as I would think of her. I was gonna be insane by the time she came back. Who knew what she'd be coming home to.

I watched as Troy's face became distressed at something Paul said, before she mumbled and walked away.

She toed the water, looking out towards James island, her face gorgeous while she was lost in thought, concentrating.

"Why didn't you stay with her? Shouldn't you be clinging to her more than usual or something?" Quil asked me, jokingly, which i needed.

I forced my eyes away from her when he spoke and tried to smile. I shrugged weakly, trying to think of a way I could explain.

"I don't know...just needed a breather before I completely lost it. I don't want her thinking I'm holding her back." I muttered.

I heard Danni squeal as she ran from a soaked Embry. My guess was that she pushed him in the water, but I hadn't been paying any attention to them.

"Well, quit wasting time! Go talk to her," Quil said. He was getting good at saying exactly what I needed to hear.

I sluggishly, and unreasonably nervously, walked over to her where she stood at the waters edge, Converse in her hands while the water lapped at her toes. She looked up at me when she heard me approach her.

"Hey Jake," she mumbled, running her free hand through her hair.

"Hey...does the water feel good?" I asked, and she looked down, a tiny smile was on her face but her eyes were so sad. It was quiet for a while before she sighed.

"You don't need to do that Jake," she whispered, swallowing loudly. She kicked at the water when it suddenly rushed out and swept over her ankles.

My eyebrows crunched together in confusion. She bit her lip in worry when I didn't say anything immediately and I was tempted to touch her, but with so many of our friends here, that wouldn't have been such a great idea.

"I don't know what you mean...do what? " I asked innocently.

She paused, and her eyes strayed over my body, lingering there for a while, but not in a way to make me uncomfortable. Her tongue darted out and wet her full pink lips.

Tease. She was torturing me.

"I mean...you don't have to pretend that your okay with this," she said. Damn. I forgot how well she knew me.

"I'm not...I'm not pretending anything, " I tried to lie, but backtracked at her glare. "I want you to go if you want to go Troy. I'm not gonna hold you back." I said, not sure what she would make of what I was saying.

"Jake..." Troy started, pouting. I smiled at her, and then held myself back from touching her once again.

"Don't worry about me." I reassured her, and she since she didn't seem convinced I added "Really." as seriously as I could.

She shook her head at me. "Your not that great at lying Jacob," she said, and I laughed at her disapproving look.

"I love the way you see through me, but I have to say that it gets inconvenient." I said and she smiled so wide that I forgot that she wasn't mine...That she didn't feel for me the way I felt for her...That she was leaving.

"TROY!!! Come play volleyball with us!" Hector's younger, cherry haired sister screamed.

Troy's eyes flashed over to her friend, and another smile lit up her face, but not as big as the one I'd managed to give her, which made me feel special.

"Jacob can play too," she added nodding to me.

I knew who she was, and her the same, but we had never had a real conversation, or been properly introduced.

She kept making googly eyes at Seth, who returned them, kind of shyly. I think me and Troy had another set up in store for us.

Seth had come with Jared and Kim. The latter two had been missing and I didn't really care to know what they were up to.

Troy looked at me, as if asking for permission and I went with her to go play.

XxX

It was almost twelve and Troy had to get home. The rain had started and we had gone back to my house, Troy following in Bella's truck. I didn't know earlier if she had planned to wait out the storm or what.

We were both exhausted, as it had been a long day, and I had patrol later, looking for the red head again. She had been absent for too long, it was making Sam uneasy.

"I left my phone at home," Troy said tiredly, almost falling asleep on my couch for the tenth time tonight. Billy was asleep, and hadn't stirred since we'd come home.

"You can use ours," I said, heaving myself up from my place beside her. She half collapsed into a cushion once my weight wasn't there to balance her out.

I grabbed the phone off the receiver and walked out to see that she was drowsily laying on the couch. I hesitated before calling for her.

"Hello?" Bella answered breathlessly on the third ring. I could hear the leech giggling at something in the background. She had probably run to the phone. And tripped.

"Hey Bells, Troys about to drop any second so I just wanted to let Charlie know I was gonna drive her home."

"Does she have my truck?" Bella asked.

"Yeah." I responded, eyes trailing over Troy on my couch. She had curled up in a tiny ball, and I wasn't sure if she was listening or not.

"Um...oh wait! Here's Charlie!" she said suddenly, and I heard him grumbling to her. I rolled my eyes at this.

"Jake?" Charlie asked gruffly. I was somewhat losing my patience.

"Yes," I said tiredly.

"Troy's asleep?" he asked immediately. I hesitated in my answer because I wasn't entirely sure. Her eyes were half open, but she wasn't fully conscious.

"Pretty close," I told him, my voice low. Charlie sighed just a little, but the sound wasn't annoyed, just tired himself probably.

"Well if she has Bella's truck I don't wanna leave you without a way home, just keep her there for the night. I'm sure Billy wont mind..." Charlie said.

My stomach warmed a little "No, he wont," I said and then after a few more words, we both hung up.

I couldn't help the goofy grin that spread across my face. As much as Troy truly hated her dad sometimes, I loved how he trusted me to keep her during the night.

I let my gaze shift to Troy, finally unconscious on the couch. I couldn't bear to leave her, partly because she'd be uncomfortable, and partly because if she slept in my bed she'd make me stay with her again.

I carefully lifted her up off the couch and she woke up, her eyes drowsily flitting around the house as I set her down on my bed.

"Jake?" she mumbled, her voice groggy. I shushed her a little. "Charlie said you can stay here again, your too tired to drive." I told her and she nodded weakly.

I hesitated, and Troy sat up, running her hands through her hair and untangling it.

Her eyes grew slightly wide, and she looked at me as if just realizing something. "Stay." she warned me, leaving me no options.

Sam would have my ass for skipping patrol, but my girl needed my right now. Quil and Embry could handle it.

I nodded, smiling slightly. "You want a change of clothes?" I asked, and she nodded, slumping on my bed. I walked over to my closet, grabbing one of my t-shirts and searching for more of Rachel's pajamas.

I couldn't seem to find any and Troy sighed, nearly asleep on my bed.

"Uh, will sweats work?" I asked awkwardly, settling for a pair of pants I'd worn often before my growth spurt. "Mhm," Troy mumbled quietly.

I made myself turn around again as she got dressed, staring at my curtained window like before. Cloth slid over bare skin, and I flushed at the thoughts that ran through my head as a reflex. The deja vu was strong in my mind.

"I'm done," Troy said and I turned around to see the collected pile that she let fall to the ground.

She sat gingerly on my bed, sliding over and patting the space beside her. I sat down too before taking her in my arms and letting us both fall back against the pillows slowly.

She nuzzled my neck and sighed. She felt so right.

"Night Jakey," she breathed, and I nodded, smiling wide and kissing her temple. "G'Night Troy," I whispered in her ear.

XxX

I groggily sat up in the morning, trying to shake off my dreams. My whole body felt hot, and I was trembling, which I didn't want to have to explain to Troy.

She wasn't in the room though, and when I wandered out to find her, I saw just my dad eating half of an omelet. He smiled at my confused expression.

"She just left Jake," he told me, smiling.

I grinned sheepishly, and my dad gestured to the plate stacked with food at the opposite end of the table. "She said to tell you she made you breakfast though."

I fell into a chair, scratching the back of my neck.

My dad fidgeted, and talked for a while about nothing in particular, going on about his day yesterday. I waited for him to say what was really on his mind.

"So...what happened last night, son?" Billy finally got around to asking. I paused, my fork halfway to my already full mouth. I swallowed, avoiding his gaze.

"What do you mean?" I asked slowly, staring at my omelets. One of the very few things Troy claimed she could cook.

"I mean, why did I wake up to Troy cooking us breakfast and wearing your clothes?" he asked curiously. I sighed and met his gaze on accident, cringing when I did.

"She slept over because she was tired and Charlie didn't want her driving." I said honestly, but my dad raised his eyebrow at me. His black eyes stared me down, but that was the story I was sticking to.

Billy chuckled a little. "I didn't really think anything else had happened...but I had to be sure."

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. Troy liked it a little shaggy, so that was the way I kept it. "Were just friends dad," I sighed.

"You feel more for her than that though." he said matter-of-factly and I sighed again. This wasn't something I wanted to talk about over breakfast. Especially not with my dad.

"Hows that coming by the way?" he asked after a while, his fingers strumming against his chair. I groaned at the question, and my dad smiled understandingly. "She'll come around Jake, just wait."

"I'm sick of waiting," I grumbled, and he laughed before rolling out of the room. I finished eating before I heard my cell going off from in my room with a new text.

I grabbed it and clicked the little icon to see Troy's picture and name pop up. I smiled at her picture ID. It was her watching Elmo in her PJ's totally oblivious to me.

I'd taken it weeks ago but it felt like it'd only been yesterday. Still smiling I walked out into the living room, reading what she'd sent.

Didn't want any dramatic goodbyes...hope u understand. See u again soon.

XOXO <3


She must have gotten her phone from her house. I wondered why she didn't call, but it must've had something to do with what she'd written. At least she made it home okay.

"Judging by that smile I'd say Troy must have sent something to you." My dad said, looking up from his book with a grin. I smiled wider and set my phone down.

"You'd be right..." I said sheepishly. Billy just laughed at me.

Troy's POV

After I left Jacob's I went straight home, still in his clothes. I grabbed my phone and texted him an explanation that I hoped would be enough for him.

I didn't worry about Jacob too much, since my mind was already way to full and busy. I spent all day at home packing. Bella kept me company for a little while before she left with Edward.

After she was gone, it became more of a chore as I shifted through my closet, searching for the right things to bring.

Jacob's clothes were comfy and smelled like him, so once I forced myself to remove them, of course I packed them.

I also packed his jacket I still had, in case I ever needed one, which i doubted, and another one of his shirts I had from the last time I slept over.

I finished around four and went down to eat, then lingered downstairs watching TV alone until late, ignoring the few calls I got. It was my day today.

The day flew by and before I knew it I was lying awake in bed, wondering about what it would be like in Los Angeles. And what everyone would be doing back home.

Bella and Charlie's lives would probably go right back to the way they'd been. The same with Paul. Not that things might have been different for him if I stayed.

Hector would be free for a little while to sleep around with Lizzie. Jason and Danni had coped without me so far, they'd be able to now. Besides, Danni had Embry now to distract her.

Jake would have a harder time coping with me being gone, and I didn't want to leave him, but it had been decided already, and things had been set in motion.

God I loved him so much. And I hated it. I tried so hard to keep him out, but he always found a way to move past my defenses.

He always managed to make me forget my bad feelings towards him. No matter how stubborn or strong I was...no matter how mad I was at him for one thing or another, I always ended up just loving him again at the end of the day.

Rolling over, I ended up falling asleep in the early hours of the morning, with Jacob still on my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love my commenters. And one of the best, aquanette0love; I don't know if u mean to but u make me laugh when i need it and u keep me sane when I'm losing it :P

FOLLOW PLEASE <3

Troy’s Twitter

Jacob's Twitter

Danni’s Twitter

Jason’s Twitter

Hector’s Twitter

Paul's Twitter

AJ's Twitter