Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 41

Armando wasn't what you'd expect from a lawyer. He didn't look sleazy or hungry the way my mom's lawyer had, and he didn't fit the profile of someone who lied for a living. He was relaxed all except for the tense set of his shoulders, probably caused by my arrival.

His black hair was shaved close to the skull, and his skinned was tanned by the sun. There was slight stubble covering his face. He was wearing a classic black suit with a silver tie and he had set a brief case down on the table.

He was tall, extremely close to Jacob's height, and he looked down at me with chilled brown eyes that didn't seem to focus completely, a fully active brain behind them.

"Troy," he said, holding out a hand and saying nothing more, the expression on his face wasn't hostile, but he wasn't exactly rolling out the welcome mat as Chloe had.

"Armando," I said simply shaking his hand. There was a faded scar near his thumb, and he had ink under a few of his finger nails.

Alejandro shifted, uncomfortable, running a hand through his spiked hair. Shawn coughed and rubbed his neck while Chris glared holes in Cupcake who was trying to steal some food from the counter. Chloe wasn't smiling for the first time since I'd met her.

I dropped Armando's hand and took a half a step back. Chloe walked up to Armando and gave him a stern look while he returned a grimace. For a few seconds it was like I wasn't even there.

"Dinners ready!" AJ blurted, and Chris and Shawn immediately attempted to fill the silence with sounds of gratitude as sluggishly everyone filled a seat.

It was awkward enough that I could taste the tension and unsaid words with each and every bite I took from my food.

Armando's expression never changed from a mask of discomfort...I felt like an intruder. Unwelcome. I'd upset the routine by being here.

Like an outsider.

Cupcake suddenly nudged my elbow, whimpering, but before I even had the chance to move, Armando barked at me not to feed him anything.

I froze, surprised, and he flushed suddenly before stabbing at his food with a fork, a pissed off look on his wife's face, and pitying looks on AJ, Chris and Shawn's.

And here I was thinking that I'd left those looks behind me.

XxX

I went straight to my room the second my plate was clean, claiming halfheartedly to still be jet lagged, but really just not being able to stand the that room anymore.

I couldn't call Jacob again tonight. Not to rant about how awful things had suddenly turned...I didn't want to need him like that. That wasn't fair.

I had to call someone though. As much as I tried to suck it up, I had to get this off my chest or I'd explode. I couldn't lock everything up.

I thought through my options, but with everyone that came to mind, I could only think of reasons not to call each person.

Hector had mandatory patrol so he was out...Bella would be the opposite of helpful...Jason wasn't someone I could talk to about this type of thing and take it seriously...Danni was one of those girls who pitied everyone, and that was going to put my teeth on edge if someone did that for me again today. Once was my limit,

Out of numbers I'd remembered, I scrolled through my contacts list. I paused on Joe's number for a long time, before deciding that he was more useful when dealing with my...out-of-the-ordinary problems. He was an adviser for my "gift" not a therapist.

The number I paused on even longer though, was one that had only recently added. The reason for me even being here, I figured Paul might have a reasonable piece of advice for what was going on. Assuming he wasn't with a girl right now.

I eventually swallowed my indecision and called, hearing the phone ring and ring in a way that made me strangely nervous.

The knots in my stomach tightened as I wondered what I'd do if he didn't answer. It didn't come to that though luckily. He spared me before his answering machine or myself ended my suffering.

"Hello?" he said gruffly, calmly, as if he'd been right by the phone the whole time.

"Hey Paul," I said timidly. I crossed my ankles on the bed and started chewing on my lip out of habit. I was worried of how he'd take my call.

"Troy?" he seemed to second guess himself. I smiled a bitter smile. "Yeah...did I get you at a bad time?"

"Not really, whats up?" he asked, seeming genuinely curious. I couldn't be sure of course, because I had only caught a small glimpses of him with his guard down, the other night.

"I thought I was coming here to avoid problems," I mumbled and then louder. "I'm pretty sure my brothers' dad had no idea what he was getting himself into when he said he wanted to meet me. He looked like something was stabbing him all earlier." I grimaced.

"With no trigger?" he asked curiously, but still concerned. "None that I noticed. The second he saw me he just got all tense, oh and pale like he was seeing a ghost. Or having a bad nightmare."

Paul made a sound that he was thinking it over. I leaned over and plugged my phone into the extension chord on the wall to charge it sensing this was going to be a long call.

I had to unplug the only lamp to do this, and was surrounded by the darkness that had crept in after the sun had set.

"He probably had a good reason Troy," Paul soothed. There was no pity anywhere in his explanation...in fact the only thing I could detect at all was sincere comfort.

He was giving Jake a run for his money.

"Probably," I mumbled, closing my eyes as tight as possible. A few tears threatened to spill, but I locked them down.

Fuck my life.

"Hey c'mon, no tears," Paul warned, his voice close to a coo. I had no idea that he was able to tell that from over the phone but he did.

"Sorry," I mumbled, opening my watery eyes. "I get really sensitive when it comes to family stuff..." I continued and my voice cracked pathetically.

"And stuff involving love in general," Paul muttered, as a joke. I laughed quietly, sniffling as I calmed a little bit.

"I guess so," I replied, recalling how Paul, after barely getting to know me, had seen me reduced to tears in a matter of minutes because of Jacob Black.

"He makes me weak in ways I don't even want to think about. I hate it." I told the partial truth. Sure I hated it, but I also loved how incredible he made me feel in those weak moments.

"Don't think about it," Paul warned, and I groaned. His tone only made me want to laugh again. "I know, I know..." I repeated.

He paused for a little while, which really didn't help with the whole 'don't think' thing. "Is there anything else you want to talk about." he asked. It didn't sound like he was trying to get rid of me though.

"Nothing specific, but I don't want to hang up just yet...I'm trying to think of something less...difficult...to talk about though."

"Oh...you don't wanna talk about that stuff...okay okay I get it..." Paul muttered and I got a bit more than he was saying from his tone.

I froze just a little. "Why...was there something...difficult...that...that you wanted to talk about?" I asked.

He kept quiet. "Well, I was kinda curious about that boyfriend of yours...since you are completely and totally in love with some other guy and yet you still stick around him." he stated. I was starting to realize that I was something that bothered everyone.

I wish i knew a decent way to explain, but I had none so I just went with answering questions. "What are you asking me exactly?" I hedged.

"Whats Hector's story? I mean, you two are pretty close...to let Jacob come between you so completely..." I winced at what Paul said. It felt like a betrayal on both sides when I thought of Hector's past.

"His whole story?" I asked, making sure.

"And however it ties to yours." Paul said, and then chuckled. "I don't exactly know that much about you either." his voice turned suspicious.

"Fair enough, but you'd better get comfy...Its a longer story than you'd think." I muttered, collecting my thoughts in my head and starting.

"Hector has been with me for most of my life. The same with his sister Jason and Danni...but I seem to get closer to guys for some reason."

Paul laughed loudly. "I noticed," he guffawed. I cracked a smile too, but my voice was stern. "Are you gonna interrupt me every five seconds or let me finish?"

"Sorry continue...do you know about before you guys met? I wanna know everything about this guy," Paul said, and although I wondered about his curiosity, I didn't question why he had it. I owed him enough to answer his questions.

"Hector... was born in America...I know everyone always makes the immigrant jokes because of his voice, but he is a legit citizen.

He left America a few months after he was born though, so his culture is a little off. His mother divorced his father and took him away to the Brazil where she was from. Hector never got a real answer why, because his neither of his parents ever gave him a straight answer, but he thinks it was because his mom knew she was dying.

She wanted him to become close with that half of his family because once she was gone his father wouldn't be able to get them together. She passed away when he was only two, and then his dad came and took him to the Dominican Republic where he'd gone to cope with his wife abandoning him. He couldn't stand to be in their home in the states without her.

Hector had been born with Dysphasia...its a learning disorder that makes it hard to learn to talk, so he learned very late...around two. His first language was Spanish, learned from one of his dad's aunts who never gave up on teaching him. His second was English.

His father remarried in the Dominican Republic...she was a tourist from Miami. A real sweet girl, his soul mate even. The three of them finally returned to America when she fell pregnant, because they didn't want their child to be considered an immigrant. It'd complicate things.

Hector's half sister was born. They moved into my neighborhood when Hector and I were four and Jason was three. The first week they were there my mom asked the two over for a play date, and because Jason was still a baby to the two of us I became much closer to her brother.

Hector didn't speak English, so we couldn't talk well with each other, but we understood each other. He learned my language at the same time I learned his. Our parents were pleased. Hector wouldn't have learned without me they claim, because of his disability.

We've been together ever since...even when Hector's family struck it rich and moved into a nicer neighborhood, our relationship never changed.

He was still over just as often, still being an overprotective and overly mature and annoying as fuck as if nothing would ever change between us...." I trailed off.

I had forgotten I was telling actual history. It could've been a fairytale with all the emphasis on the past tense.

"When did things change?" asked Paul, sounding awestruck. I looked down at my hands, folded in my lap and shrugged halfheartedly.

"We started dating when we were both fourteen...going on fifteen. He never broke out of the friend zone though, the whole time. If I'd had a father, growing up, he would've loved how things appeared on the outside." I sighed.

"Is that when things changed?" Paul pressed. I wasn't irritated by him interrupting this time like I thought I'd be.

"No, I was getting to that. Our title was changed when we started dating, but not our relationship. Things changed between our relationship when I moved to Forks. The bond between us...it wasn't as strong. He didn't make as much of an effort to see me. I actually found out a few days ago that he's been cheating on my anyways." I muttered, finishing up my stories at the present.

"And yet you still cant let him go..." Paul breathed, taken out of it, I winced slightly.

"I guess not." I whispered. I felt like if I'd been looking at him face-to-face, that he'd be shaking his head at me.

"I understand...why you wouldn't want to jump into a relationship with Jacob, but why would you stay in one with a boyfriend you know is cheating? Even if you guys are close..."

"I'm not ready to be single just yet," I said lamely, and Paul seemed to sense there was something more that I wouldn't say. I started, running a hand through my hair.

"Fine," Paul grumbled, sounding...not mad, but determined, as if this conversation was in no way over, and he was just saving his argument for another day.

I yawned. "Its a lot to take in, I know." I muttered, smiling a little now. "Yeah...you know I think we both need to sleep on it. Your voice is getting slurred," he teased.

I chuckled. "Good idea. I'll call you tomorrow." I told him.

"Not if I call you first," he joked, I rolled my eyes, but my smile was wider than it had been since the time before I'd said my goodbyes Jacob.

"Night Princess," he said happily. I paused right before I hung up. "Are you gonna call me that all the time now?" I questioned.

"Probably, it fits I think. A Princess in Converse and boys shorts but a Princess all the same." Paul explained...as long as that made sense to him I guess.

"Goodnight Paul." I said, trying to keep a straight face and failing. Immediately after I hung up and crawled into bed before the smile plastered on my face had time to fade.

XxX

Somewhere in the midst of a dream, I was awoken up by the sound of muffled voices that were still overly loud to my wolf ears.

I had never heard parents arguing before, probably because I didn't have parents to argue. It terrified me.

"You wanted to meet her you sure as hell better not make her regret coming," Chloe yelled, and that sweet voice of hers seemed very dangerous to me right now.

"I know...I know...I'm sorry...Its just...she caught me off guard...I wasn't expecting her to look so much..."

"Like Marisol?" Chloe's voice was, softer, muffled, I barely heard it. My stomach clenched at the sound of my mother's name coming from her always smiling mouth.

"Yes...It just...it hurts to see..." Armando's voice was pained and he couldn't seem to finish his thought.

"Oh honey," Chloe sighed, sympathy in her voice.

I closed my eyes and burrowed myself in the covers. But my door opening a few seconds later caused my head to peek out.

The boys stood there, illuminated by the light from the window. AJ led the pack, a hand to his lips.

"C'mon," he said, tugging at my blanket, knowing full well that I was awake. I sat up and slowly got up. "Where are we going?" I whispered.

"The roof, we always head up there when they start to fight." Shawn answered, leading the way down the hall and to Chris' room, which had the easiest access to get up there.

"After you," AJ said, since Chris had gone first. It didn't look that difficult, and I was able to get up without assistance, although they did offer to help.

"Wow," I said, staring out at the lit up backyard. There were lanterns hanging from the trees that hadn't been lit during dinner since it was still light out then, and the pool flashed with neon light.

A thin row of trees blocked the neighbors yard from view, but a few roofs were still visible, up to a few houses away. And one, pretty huge, off to the side of the yard. I guessed it was the garage.

"Best view in this whole place," Chris said, interrupting my train of thought and throwing an arm around me. I nodded and turned my gaze towards the sky.

"We don't have stars like that in Washington." I mumbled. There wasn't a cloud in sight, and the lights were everywhere, cluttering up the black sky.

It was quiet for a while, the four of us just sitting, or in mine and AJ's case, laying, and star gazing when Shawn sighed.

"I cant believe dad was acting like that," he muttered, and my stomach twisted uncomfortably. "Sorry," I muttered, sitting up and wrapping my arms around my knees. Shawn waved me off.

"It wasn't your fault, y'know." Alejandro whispered, trying to cheer me up without much effort. I barely resisted rolling my eyes.

"How often did they fight before I showed up?" I whispered. They all simultaneously grimaced and I nodded. "That's what I thought." I muttered, quietly.

XxX

In the morning, I'd woken up late and found out that Shawn and Chris had gone to the beach. AJ and I had eaten breakfast alone, since he slept in too. He was a very good cook.

We were supposed to meet my brothers in about an hour. I was sitting on my bed and brushing my hair when Armando knocked on the door.

Chloe was standing behind him, a hand on his shoulder as she struggled to see over it. I hadn't noticed before but she wasn't much taller than I was, about Bella's height.

He looked very awkward standing there, his hands were buried in the pocket of today's suit and his eyes darted around. Chloe nudged him into the room and then walked off while he stared after her.

I put the brush down and waited for him to speak.

"Morning Troy. I hope you were able to sleep past the noise," Armando said quietly...so he knew that he'd kept everyone up last night.

I stared him down, not saying a thing.

"I'm sorry about...yesterday...its just. I haven't seen my ex wife in a very long time, I was horrified to hear of her death. I knew that smoking would kill her...I warned her when she started it...and you look so much like her. Its a lot to take in for me." Armando mumbled, the face of a grieving husband lurking in his expression.

"I can understand why you acted the way you did," I said quietly, playing with a shortened piece of my hair.

He smiled wryly. "Some time is all I'm asking for," he held up his hands, palms forward in a gesture of self defense, or maybe innocence, or maybe a compromise. It was an interesting pose on a giant, I wondered if he had used it in court before.

"Whatever you need," I said, and he left my room shortly after. I went back to brushing my hair, trying to be optimistic.

Chloe skipped into my room a few minutes later, with something her hands. She had a bright smile on her face as if things had suddenly been made alright.

"How old is your bathing suit?" she asked, plopping down onto my bed. I blinked at the question.

"Um, about a year old...maybe?" I asked, trying to remember. She shook her head disapprovingly but continued in her never ending mood of happiness. "Perfect time to get a new one," she said, tossing a bikini at me. It still had the tags on it.

"It never would've fit me, but it was just so cute. I could resist," she said, giggling. At my expression or her story, I didn't know.

"I don't typically...wear...two pieces," I muttered. The expression on her face was just so hard to disappoint. She frowned.

"Oh, c'mon...just try it on at least," she said in a sugar cone voice, but I could tell that it might actually hurt her feelings if I didn't wear it. Jeez. My mom was never this difficult when making me try on clothes.

I mean...she couldn't really afford to take me shopping all the time either, but still.

I bit my lip. "I have a scar, on my hip," I warned her. She tilted a head to the side and shrugged unbothered and knowing that this was my best defense.

"Just try it," she pressed, and rolling my eyes I walked into my bathroom to change into the degrading piece of clothing she had for me.

"You have to be kidding me," I muttered, examining myself in the mirror. The sides of the bikini bottom were thin, showing off the diagonal lines that Raphael had given to me. You could see my belly ring and jewel, not to mention most of my skin.

I walked out of the bathroom, and Chloe wasn't alone. AJ had joined her, in a wife-beater and swim trunks with big over sized flip flops on her feet.

Chloe squealed and clapped when she saw me, happily clapping while AJ looked like he had a headache.

"Your keeping it," Chloe announced

"No I'm not!" "No she isn't." me and AJ protested at the same time. I gave him an odd look and he smiled sheepishly. I raised an eyebrow as Chloe waved him off.

"But you have to!" she whined, like a teenager...her tone reminded me of Alice Cullen. When it came to what she wanted, neither seemed to have any boundaries. There was no sign of compromise or giving in on her face, or anywhere in her voice.

"Mom," AJ whined, and I froze a little at his use of the word.

It shouldn't have caught me off guard, but it did. And ironically, something that I'd never ever admit to, it didn't sit well with me. The fact that my brother was calling someone else 'mom' set my teeth on edge.

"She looks gorgeous," Chloe stated, AJ scoffed, arms across his chest and jaw set. "That's what I'm worried about."

"Um, guys?" I interrupted, they turned from each other to look at me. I had to smile at the equal amounts of determination. "Don't I get a say here?"

"Oh, right of course," Chloe said, and straightened up. She brushed some of her strawberry hair back and her face was all business. I tried to gauge what her reaction would be if I refused her, but I wasn't really willing to risk it. Plus, I wanted to see this beach already.

"Can we leave now?" I asked AJ and Chloe laughed pointed a victorious finger at him. "Ha!" she cheered, skipping out of the room.

"Stop enjoying this!" he yelled out to her as she left.

He gave me a betrayed look when she was gone. I smiled and grabbed the over sized t-shirt and shorts I'd had on earlier. I threw on a pair of flip flops and we were out the door.

It was hot here, and although Forks was experiencing an extremely warm end of spring, here in LA it was already close to early summer weather for Washington. Perfect beach time.

There was a garage that existed back behind the house part of the driveway branched off, and nestled itself among the row of trees out back.

"How many cars are we talking about here?" I asked curiously, as AJ explained to me not to be surprised with what I saw in there.

"A little more than two dozen. Dad collects 'em." AJ said as he punched in a code. He didn't tell me what it was as he did it, but I expected that. I was still a stranger to him.

Once he opened that door, I realized the reason for the warning.

"Oh my god," I muttered, walking into a place straight out of heaven. A stash of cars I could only imagine was set before me...so incredible. Jake would've killed to be here.

Alejandro laughed at me. "We get that a lot...take your pick." he said, and I immediately pointed out the car I wanted to drive. My absolutely favorite car in the world.

"Alfa," he whistled, fishing for the right key. "Me and you have the same favorite," he assumed, pleased. I smiled as I tossed my hair back and slid into the leather seat. What a better way to spend my first day off.

"Apparently," I agreed, buckling up because I wasn't the only one with road rage, and fiddling with the stereo in this thing. I was pleased with how little I had to work with it to make it really loud.

AJ drove to the beach, not far away at all actually, and broke the speed limit so badly. He knew this place well enough that he had all the right times to slow down worked out though, so all was good.

"No parking, that's what we get for sleeping in," Alejandro muttered when we had to walk four blocks to get to the start of the sand. Then we had to walk further to find Shawn and Chris when really I just wanted to run in that Pacific Ocean and have them come find me.

"They texted me saying they would be over here," AJ growled, stepping over a woman sunbathing asleep while I at least had enough decency to walk around her.

"Watch where your going," I warned, but he ignored me, grumbling and throwing an arm over his face to block the sun and see father.

I had actually spotted them about two minutes ago, but it was entertaining to see his frustration as he threw a hissy fit in the sand.

I considered sneaking off and leaving him, and after another second of his obliviousness, I went for it, taking off and abandoning him, knowing that we'd laugh about it...eventually.

"Troy!" Shawn said, getting up from when he was lounging on a beach chair and towel drying his dark hair. He hugged me before flopping back onto the sand. I could see Chris was chatting with some barely legal looking girls not to far off.

"Hey! Way to ditch us this morning," I joked, sitting down onto the sand next to him and narrowing my eyes teasingly at him. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Oh, like you didn't do the same at first chance!" he laughed, pointing towards AJ, wandering in the distance. He had wised up and decided not to make a spectacle of himself, searching in silence.

"I couldn't resist," I admitted sheepishly "But just to be safe I'm gonna go for a swim before he comes over here."

"Good plan," Shawn said, and then tensed when I stripped down to the infuriating bikini that I had been coached into wearing.

"That bad?" I laughed at Shawn's horrified look. He shook his head and made a 'tsk' sound with his mouth.

"I had no idea we were going to have to play bodyguard," he muttered and then louder. "AJ let you go out dressed like that?"

"Its was all Chloe's doing," I said, chuckling, "Neither AJ or I had any say in this," I explained, and then sighed. Shawn nodded in understanding.

"Ah, I get it...you will soon learn how she is when it comes to her fashion." Shawn stated, and I groaned. I hated playing dress up. Especially if I wasn't in control of the outfits.

"Wonderful," I muttered.

"You'll get used to it soon enough...she kinda grows on you," Shawn made a face as a memory passed in his eyes, "Nice...jem, I guess, but what happened to your hip?" he asked curiously, taking a second look. He reminded me to take the jewel part out and leave the ring in.

"Don't go all overprotective on me now." I sighed, and stroked the lines that had been slowly disappearing since I'd transformed. It wouldn't take too long for them to fade away, but the more I phased the faster they'd disappear.

"I didn't know being a big brother was gonna hit me this strong," he muttered getting annoyed at me.

I grinned "Just an accident, my friend's dog was having a bad day," I said, laughing light-heartedly. Shawn brushed it off before letting me go. The second he waved me off I started running towards that ocean.

It was cold, not surprising, so I immediately waded deeper to try and get the chills off. The last time I'd gone swimming, Jake had been with me, but he was easy to forget when I was surrounded like this with sun and sand and people.

I loved the rain with a passion, but I had to admit it did feel nice to feel that little bit of change in the weather.

I tried to avoid the crowds hogging up most of the shallow water and went a bit deeper to where only a few people went. Since I was so short the water came up to my collar bone but it wasn't like I couldn't swim.

"Troy!" I heard as I was toeing the sand. It wasn't rough at the bottom like La Push's sand was. It was completely smooth and shell-less.

I turned just as a foam football landed beside my arm. It splashed salt water up at my face. Chris was grinning like a mad man in the water I rolled my eyes and tossed it back at him, hard, pleased when it made an audible 'thunk' against his stomach.

He stumbled back with a shocked expression before a pleased one took it over and it was game on.

It didn't really feel like a game of catch, which was what it looked like on the surface to anyone swimming in the space in between or around our game.

It was more like a strength contest as we pegged it at each other. I had a bit of an unfair advantage seeing as I was somewhat stronger than the average human was. Chris being that average human.

The football went wide a couple times after I hit his arm non-to-gently. It nearly smacked into a group of two guys and two girls.

"Hey! Toss the ball!" I said, both swimming and speed walking and in the water. Only one had noticed the football when i yelled though, the other three looked up.

The one who'd nearly gotten hit was a thin guy with wavy brown hair, red highlights and foamy grey-ish eyes. He was extremely thin, bony and short, barely my height.

The guy beside him was dirty blonde with brown eyes. His hair was shaved close in the back of his head but had been grown out at the top of his skull. He was chubby in a way that wasn't fat and tall.

The one girl had black hair and green eyes sprinkled with a cinnamon color. She was extremely tan, as if she'd been out in the sun every day of her life. Maybe she had.

The second girl had blonde hair, cerulean eyes, a slightly less drastic tan, and a model figure. She was taller than Hector...her legs seemed to be never ending.

"Thanks," I muttered, taking from the brown haired guy. He hadn't thrown it to me, wanting me to walk up to them.

"You two related?" the black haired girl asked, watching my brother with interest. I nodded and started to edge away a bit, before getting back to the game.

The whole time we were at the beach I kept bumping into that same group of people. They continued to talk to me every time, but eventually I just got through with ending the conversation and ended the game instead.

Kelly was the blonde girl, and Laura was the girl with black hair. Drew was the dirty blonde guy, and Santiago was the brunette guy.

They weren't hard to get along with, surprisingly, and it was made easier since my brothers liked them. Some 'kids' my own age for me to connect with while I was here.

By the time we left, I had four new numbers in my phone, and plans for tomorrow. And all this for a girl who doesn't like meeting new people. I was off to a great start as far as everything non-family-related was concerned.

XxX

"Alright so your girl Danni, whats her deal?" Paul asked me over the phone that night. His first words had been "I told you I'd call you first." and he laughed in a way that made me laugh so loud my stomach hurt.

He'd called immediately after I'd gotten home from dinner.

It was Shawn's turn to cook tonight, and as much crap as he gave Chris about it, they were sure to inform me that he couldn't either.

And he was dead beat anyways, so we all just went out to eat, changing into some casual clothes and going to a nice little Italian restaurant. It was dog friendly so we even got to bring Cupcake.

"She doesn't really seem to like you very much," I said, laying on my back and scratching at Cupcake. Paul snorted "I know that I meant...her story. You told me Hector's."

"Yeah, I did...you never really told me about what you think about that by the way." I stated, slowing down with my petting Cupcake, causing him to bark at me. I mouthed 'sorry' to him.

"I don't know...I guess I just never really thought of him as a decent guy...that's the downside of having other people in your head. They taint your thinking." Paul growled bitterly, getting angry just a little.

"Believe me I know." I muttered dryly.

"Yeah, you would, wouldn't you?" he mumbled. I shook my head and reverted the conversation back to what he'd said only a second ago.

"Jacob doesn't think Hector's a good guy...and that's what tainted your thoughts, wasn't it," I guessed, frowning as it was completely true when I said it out loud.

"Nope, he can't stand him...but then again can you blame him?" Paul said, as if it were the most casual thing in the world.

"I guess not," I muttered, sighing.

"You know he only hates him because he's jealous. He loves you more than anything, and he's in now way afraid to show it." Paul chuckled, and it was sweet to hear it said out loud, but it also wasn't what I needed at the moment.

"I'm supposed to be taking a break from Jacob, remember?" I pointed out and he grunted quietly to himself. "Right, right...back to Danni."

"Right well she's from America, and she never really left or went anywhere, but her dad's side is from Costa Rico. She's got a dozen or so cousins down there that she has no idea how to contact.

Her parents are happily married and good friends with Hector's dad, and both his wives, and when my mom was alive, really close with her too. Danni's been my sister forever. She was the first to start calling me Troy.

Her mom and dad are really lose with her when it comes to rules, because she's Miss Responsible.

Never gets into trouble...never lets her grade drop...of course that's mandatory so she can play basketball. She speaks Spanish...badly, although she's been doing it for longer than me...um what else..."

I wracked my brain as I thought of what else I could say to him about her.

I noticed how when I was talking about how Hector was, I was more discussing his history...saying why he was the way he was, and not ever actually saying how he was.

Maybe it was because the way he asked about her that I described her this way...it was like I was giving him advice so he could as her out. And that's what it sounded like he was asking.

"...She listens to old music, like 60s and early 70s and then she likes rap also, so its like, the biggest contradiction ever. Don't ever challenge her to a rap battle or a game of one-on-one because she'll kick your ass." I ranted.

"Is she as good as you?" Paul asked and I could sense a smirk in his voice. I figured he must've been remembering when I used to jump on Jacob all the time during basketball season in gym.

"Much, much better. She took us to the championship more than once." I said, smiling a little at both of the memories, the one of Jacob and the one of Danni.

"Nice," he muttered, and then AJ walked in and fell down onto my bed. He had a book in his hands that I couldn't completely tell what it was.

"Oh sorry Paul, my brothers here I gotta go," I dismissed him quickly and Paul was gracious enough not to kick up a fight.

We hung up and I turned my attention to AJ. "Watcha' got there?" I asked, sitting up and shifting so he'd have more room. Cupcake whined when I stopped rubbing him. He was so spoiled, but he was an adorable monster.

"Pictures," Alejandro said as I opened it. My breath got caught in my throat as I stared face to face with my smiling mother, young and stress free and beautiful.

"When...what..." I mumbled, my voice getting lost, AJ smiled at me, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I kinda figured since the whole house burned down...you know along with...everything..." he muttered, and I knew he meant how they had never found mom's body. I winced just slightly at that.

"...I guessed that you didn't have a lot of pictures, if any." AJ said, and I flipped through the rest of the book with a sort of dull ache in my chest.

Once I was done looking through, AJ excused himself from my room, and I took my favorite picture out.

I grabbed the tape and pasted it up on the collage Chloe had made on my wall, with all the other people who were most important to me.

Right next to Jacob's picture.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Please! Im serious -_- Dont make me blackmail u for the next chapter; I dont wanna be the author who does that :P

Troy’s Twitter

Jacob's Twitter

Danni’s Twitter

Jason’s Twitter

Hector’s Twitter

Paul's Twitter

AJ's Twitter