Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 42

"Nice place," Kelly stated, popping some bubblegum. I shrugged as I got in the backseat of her pink Bug. It was kind of a cute car, in a childish way.

"Yep," I agreed and greeted the other two passengers of the car, Drew and Santiago. Santiago was in the back with me, and threw his skinny arm around my shoulders when I sat next to him.

We were on our way to pick up Laura next, who, as it turns out doesn't live to far from me. The plan was to go rollerskating and then when the place closed to go grab a bite and walk and or drive around the city.

The boys wouldn't have time to take me sightseeing, as they all worked. Since I still didn't know the place well, it was a good thing we were doing this.

"How you doing?" Santiago asked, smirking. I nudged him roughly in his side and rolled my eyes to answer. This is what I get for flirting unintentionally with guys.

"Stop harassing her," Drew muttered, slumped in on himself in the front seat. He had a 76ers hat over his eyes and face and his hair curled up just slightly around it. Santiago scoffed at him and got comfortable.

I blew my hair out of my face and sighed, smiling just slightly whilst also shaking my head.

"Seriously San - you need a girlfriend," Kelly said from the drivers seat in a snippy voice. I figured she would be more than willing to fill that position.

Her tone had taken a snippy edge and I smiled just slightly at her jealousy - as if I was something to be worried about. She was tall and blonde and beautiful - Sanitago would be lucky to have her.

"Hey!" Laura said happily, bouncing into the car from her suburban home. Her voice broke the slight awkward tension as everyone greeted her warmly. I leaned over Santiago and gave her a hug before settling back in for the rest of the drive.

Jacob's POV

I walked through Charlie's quietly, ensuing my plan of freaking Bella out. Just like the good ol' days.

It didnt change the fact though, that I had to fight to not make a face while I crept up behind her washing the dishes. Her boyfriend's stench was all over the place - how did anyone stand that?

"You shouldn't leave your door unlocked," I muttered darkly, recalling how I had worried about that even before today.

It wasn't really a good habit to spend my nights worrying about Troy when I could be spending precious minutes with her, in my dreams.

Bella gasped abruptly, splashing herself with water. I smiled a little but helped her clean up the mess. She glared at me, but I knew she wasn't really mad at me. She got over things fast when she wasn't consciously holding grudges. Just like her sister.

Forcing Troy to the back of my mind, I got to the reason why Bella had called me, urging me to come over. She said it was pretty important, and her tense dish washing and nervous jittering made it pretty obvious she was thinking about the reason she called me, just as I was.

"Asswhole." she muttered while I grinned and gave her a look for her to continue.

"Okay, so um, here's the thing," she mumbled, just as the sound of her boyfriend ghosting into the room reached my ears. I glared at Cullen while he gazed back evenly.

"Jacob" he greeted calmly as Bella scurried to his side. I said nothing while Bella's eyes pleaded with me. What did she want? For me to behave? That was understandable...but it hurt just a tiny bit that she didnt trust me. I had the treaty, and my orders.

How could I have ever loved her? She was so...ordinary. Average.

Average face, average body, average humor...she was about as interesting as a leaf. Maybe it was because she was something new. Something that I hadnt seen before.

When she came here, she was the first girl I'd seen who I didnt recognize. I knew all the girls from the rez, was at least farmiliar with all the girls from Forks, and had never really gone anywhere.

Edward narrowed his eyes at me for thinking Bella ordinary...I didn't blame him in the slightest. On several occasions I had responded much worse whenever someone had a negative thing to say about Troy.

His face softened just a little when he heard that, and he began talking "I wouldn't have called for your assistance if it weren't for my inability to do a complete...investigation if you will. With the treaty intact search the Quileute lands, and I cannot fully prtoect Bella..."

"Protect her from who?" Did the kidnappers make a threat again? Edward shook his head and I calmed a little.

"Didnt you catch the scent? Someones been here. No one I know..." Edward slowled as Bella paled. Now that he mentioned it, I was starting to pick up something alongside his stink.

"When?" I snapped, thinking of Troy, and how close she could've been. I was sick at the thought of her getting more involved with our world then she already was.

Edward held up his hands in a sign of self defense and I waited with impatience as he took his time to speak.

"It is apparent that he has been watching the house for a while. When it became certain that Troy was no longer protecting the house, he immediately acted, not sure when she'd return. Whoever this was, clearly didn't want Troy to attack, or at the very least to not know they were here."

"We're assuming this is the same group that snatched Bells?" I asked, shaking when I thought of Troy once again. For once I was relieved she was gone.

"Those are basically dead, but they're connected. Someone had to be leading the newborns." Edward stroked Bella's hair as he spoke.

"And they just came and left?" I asked, confused.

"They...were very careful not to make any contact. My guess is that if kidnapping Bella didn't work...if they couldn't bring her to them...they're trying again...they have her scent to prove she's still in the area." Edward was getting angry with himself but he shook his head to clear it.

I was feeling similar, shaking slightly. My teeth were grinding together audibly.

"What does this have to do with me? Troy's not in danger, just her sister." Clearly that was the wrong thing to say, Bella gave me hurt look, so similar to Troy, and I wished I could take it back.

It wasnt like I didnt care about Bella. She was my best friend and my first love...it was just that Troy was who I was meant for. Troy was my top and pretty much only priority.

"I understand that Troy is your main concern, but until when she returns dont you think that this might be a problem concerning her too? Why wait until she gets involved. I need your help Jacob Black, to protect Bella. For Troy? Don't you think she'd want you to take care of her sister?"

I sighed. I should've known he'd pull the 'do it for Troy' card. He was seriously pathetic when it came to his precious Bella. Maybe even desperate....couldn't blame a guy for that.

"I'll see if I can get Sam on board," I said dryly. Edward smiled, and suggested I catch wind of the sten- I mean scent that was all over Bella's room.

It was at that precise moment Edward's phone rang, and he exscused himself.

Bella stared at me, lips puckered and then abruptly turned her back on me before scrubbing the hell out of a spatula.

"Oh, cmon Bells, don't be like that," I whined, walking up behind her. She stubbornly jabbed her nose in the air and I was getting slightly annoyed with her dramitics.

"You know I still care about you Bells, alot, but its just...Troy..."

"Means more?" Bella finished sourly. I had no idea what she wanted from me.

"Well what do you expect Bella? She's my imprint! She kind of means more than anything in this entire world. I love her. Besides arent you the one who said we should be all good because I 'had someone else to chase after?' "

I didnt mean to get angry, I really didnt, and I especially didnt mean to bring up ancient history. The morning after Troy and my first night together, when I had flipped out over the phone and then gotten the silent treatment from Troy because I took it out on her...

But Bella was one of those quiet people who studied you and learned just the way to push you so you'd go over the edge.

Fuming I stomped upstairs to catch a whiff of the leech, and then came back down to Bella washing on kinfe as if she was debating stabbing me, but still with that over-played look.

"So...when was the last time you came to La Push?" I asked seriously, trying to patch things up between us.

She shrugged with one shoulder and a bit of reluctant inspiration hit. "Y'know...theres a bonfire tonight...you should come. I know Emily missed you, and Quil wants to see you too...outside of school of course. He's peeved you found out before him."

Bella cracked a small smile and I took it as a positive thing. "That a yes...?" I asked, and she nodded and rolled her eyes before kicking me out of the house.

Troy's POV

It was kind of relaxing, gliding along the floor to a different beat everytwo minutes. I lost my friends in the rush of people skating along the wooden floor, as the place was huge and we all skated at different speeds, but I always saw them again.

I started to recognize more than they're faces as I passed though. There was a girl with leg warmers and a tutu who I became farmiliar with as she danced around.

And then there was a little boy with blonde hair, blue eyes and freckles, who easily out paced me several times.

And a group of sweaty guys around my age who likes to make comments as they passed. They were the easirest to recognize and hardest to avoid.

Once when I was beside Laura they had the guts to try and push her out the way and skate beside me.

She nearly went down but I grabbed her and we skated over to where our group was resting, worked up and ready to leave before they rounded the rink and one, the same who'd pushed down Laura slapped my ass.

Santiago jumped up, nearly slipping in his skates, but I had already taken care of it. I just needed to get close enough.

Since I didnt have a prayer of outpacing them, I just made it like I blew it off, rolling my eyes and smirking a little like 'oh just another day being molested' before I went on skating like nothing happened.

Santiago and the rest were about to come out after me, but I think Drew sensed I was doing something cause' he held em off and let me do what I had to do.

I apreciated that.

Using a little extra hearing to sense them coming up behnid me was unnecisary. The idiots were giggling the second they were close enough.

Turning my head back, I saw the groper had caught up and was about to say something when I abruptly turned on my skates and punched him. It was strong enough that it took us both down but I didnt mind since I had his body to cushion my fall as I kept going.

Rage motivated me as I slammed my fist into his nose. The sound of a crack was so beautiful and his hollers for his friends to help were even more satisfying.

I wondered what they were thinking since they just let him get pummeled by a little girl.

The beating went on for a few more minutes before my friends dragged me off, skate-less now but that wasnt what I noticed when they got me upright.

No, the first thing I noticed was the huge speakers set up everywhere were sparking, metal bits flying and people screaming. No music. Just debri.

Great, now Joe was gonna kick my ass for losing control. If Jacob didnt get me first. The thought of him had me still as they dragged me off and the guy tried to crawl.

His friends were beyond shocked, the only people not to abandon the skate floor. I saw tutu go rushing by already, the little boy crying ahead of her. It made me sad to see that.

I let Drew and Santiago carry me to the car, and was expecting a lecture, but all I got was praise, escpecially from Laura, who was shook up a little. From me or the guys I didnt know.

I gritted my teeth and blew a peice of hair out of my face before I ran my hands angrily though it. I was pissed at everything. Those guys, myself, the world.

This was gonna come back to haunt me, I could feel it.

Jacob's POV

"Hey Bells," I greeted, hugging her as she met me at the treaty line. I had to cram her bike in the trunk and was thouroughly amused with her boyfriends attempt at safety.

Although the helmet was a good call, the jacket was just a little much. Why not cover her in bubble wrap and send her on her way?

Edward, watching and no doubt listening silently, didnt seem at all bothered at my thoughts and the only signal of his leaving was him as he revved the engine of his shiny Volvo before speeding away.

Probably to go suck something dry while he waited for Bella to come home.

Bella frowned as Edward sped off, and I tryed to cheer her up as much as I was able, coaxing her into the VW before we dropped off the bike and drove to the cliff.

As we hiked she was much slower and clumsier than Troy had been when I had brought Troy to one of these. I could still remember that night. The way Troy's eyes glowed like fallen stars and the fire made her skin look so soft and vulnerable.

The way I had kissed her in sleep, and how she had smiled and whispered my name.

Clearing the trees, I was greeted first by Embry, with Danni next to him with a skewered hot dog roasting. She looked up at me, and then frowned deeply when she saw who I came with.

She shot a look acrossed the fire and I was surprised to see that Jason was here, her long figure sprawled out as she chatted Seth's ear off. Sensing gazes on her, she met first Danni's then mine before frowning at Bella as well. Great.

Apart from those two, Quil was here with Claire, while her older sister Nea sat by the elders. She was about 12 and so shy. I had heard her speak maybe once. She was only in on the secret because of her sister and aunts, Emily and Leah. They were both here, in awkward positions on either side of Sam and I was sure they knew that.

My dad was chatting with Old Quil and Kim and Jared were cuddling. Paul was flying solo as usual, and that was pretty much everyone.

Bella smiled as Quil kissed her cheek and greeted her warmly, and I was slighlty relieved she hadnt noticed either of Troy's friends attitudes the whole time we were there.

It wasnt until the last few minutes when Bella was falling asleep on my stomach, (which I have to say, was highly uncomfortable for me,) that they voiced their thoughts.

"So, when did you get over my girl Jake?" Jason asked out of no where, lying on her back with her legs in the air and watching me upside down. Most of the adults had headed home and only a few of us remained.

I sat up a little straighter and Bella stirred, starting to wake. "Wa?" she mumbled, but it wasnt cute like when Troy did it. And her sleep talking wasn't as enthralling either.

"Im not sure what you mean," I said slowly.

She scoffed and kicked her feet. "Well, just last week you were following her around like some little lost puppy and now your cozying up to her sister. Either you've got an agenda or a new fix." she smirked at me.

"Well first, I dont follow her around - she snorted at me - and second, I took her sister because she's my friend. Even before Troy was."

Jason smiled and raised an eyebrow. This girl had it out for me, I could tell. "Friend?" she pressed.

I winced. "Yes, friend. She has that boyfriend of hers." my voice was pained even then and Bella squirmed, uncomfortable in front of me.

"As yes my douchebag of a big brother. Don't worry about him Kid. He's not so much of a competition. Besides, she loves you," Jason drawled, rolling her eyes, shaking her head and making a tsking sound with her mouth.

I raised an eyebrow. Kid? I was older than her. But besides that though, I took what she said in stride. Maybe the little girl knew...but maybe not. At least she was confident enough she was schooling me.

"She does! She told me!" Paul, (I forgot he and just about anyone else were even here, listening to my shame) laughed like it was hysterical, but I didnt take him seriously. I didnt care if they had spent time with her at the lake. She'd never tell him anything that serious.

"Jake I should go," Bella said, rapidly, I look at her annoyed and she looked higly uncomfortable.

"Why did Charlie give you a curfew or the lee-" Bella glared and jumped up, expecting me to follow. I gave Jason a deperate look but she just rolled her eyes and gestured for me to follow.

I trudged after her and she was surprisingly much faster going downhill, although she did manage to fall twice. She always got up before I could help her.

So stubborn.

Slamming the door of my car on me, I was so close to snapping at her. What was wrong with her tonight?

God she pissed me off. When we drove up to the treaty Cullen wasnt there. Good. He shouldnt have to see what I could feel building.

I slammed her door shut before she could leave when she tried to open it and bolt out into the lonely night. She wasnt seriously expecting me to let her leave was she?

I knew what she wanted to hear and I was gonna say it. Anything...just...anything...whatever it took to get her to stop with her little routine she had going on.

"Bella, Bells look at me." I ordered and when she did she glared.

"I love you Bella. Okay? Is this what you want to hear? I never loved Troy. I...I was using her...to get to you. I need you to pick me, not Edward. I need you to forget anything that might seem like it exists between me and Troy because its not real. I need you to know that I love you."

Bella's eyes were wide, and I myself was completely shocked at that outbust. I regretted it the second I finished.

"Jake...Jake we cant...we cant be together Jacob I love Edward, you cant say that...you cant say those words like that" she pleaded with me, and I was so confused. So lost. I didnt have any idea what I was going to say so I did the next best thing and crushed my lips against hers as I gripped her hair to prevent her from moving.

I pretended she was Troy to make the kiss more bearable. And about half way through it, she threw her fist forward attempting to smash my nose in, just like my Troy might've done.

But it was a wasted effort adn the comparison really wasnt fair because it was light as a feather. Only the crunch of bone made me break away from her.

"Dammit Jake!" she screamed along with a bunch of other things. She pratically ripped my door off its hinges and ran across the treaty line, to Edward who had his arms open to her, a dark look on his face. When he had shown up I didn't know.

I followed, and was met by a snarl. "Get away from her Jacob," Edward said, and the words werent threating like his growl had been. He was worried about Bella unleashing her fury on me. The growl had been him mad at her. Well there was a first.

Screw protecting her. I never wanted to see her ever again.

Furious, I turned around and got back in my car before driving away as fast as my car would go. Reaching home in merely a few minutes I stomped into my bedroom and threw myself down onto bed, willing unconciousness to come and take away this horrible feeling.

This was gonna come back to haunt me, I felt it.

Troy's POV

A mutual agreement of silence was established as everyone went home. Dinner was very uneventful and the boys werent their usual roudy selves. Chris was worn out from work and AJ was sulking about girlfriend problems.

I had another early night, laying in bed for about an hour before I picked up my phone and scrolled through my numbers before I got the one I wanted. I really needed to memorize it.

"S'up beautiful?" Paul asked, laughing as he answered.

"I punched a guy in the face today. Gave him a broken nose and a black eye." I blurted out immediately. Paul seemed confused.

"What?" he asked, and I bit my lip nervously, eyebrows furrowing. " I punched a guy in the face today. Gave him a bro-" I started slowly and got cut off.

"I heard you....I just cant...cant...just, why?" he asked.

"He had personal space issues," I admitting, feeling relieved to get this off my chest. Paul seemed to sigh just slightly.

"I forget about that temper of yours. Something so tiny doesnt usually contain that much fury." Paul muttered. I smiled, but just slightly.

"For your sake Im going to pretend I didnt hear that." I muttered. Paul snorted. There must've been people around with how short he was being.

"Well heres some more good news, your boy brought Bella to the bonfire tonight," Paul said sarcastically.

I raised an eyebrow, feeling confused on how that mattered. "Okay, so?"

"It was just...weird. Your friend with the red hair and rockin' body was talking to him about you, then Bella got pissed and made him take her home. Did your sister ever strike you as the jealous type?" Paul asked, and I scratched my hair a little.

"Yeah...but not of me. And why now, when Im not even around?" I asked, not willing to believe my sister was two faced.

"Maybe she's showing her true colors, finally," Paul chuckled.

"Maybe not," I countered. Paul just laughed again. I wished I could see what was entertaining in all of this. It was just a big headache for me.

"Well Ill talk to you tomorow," I muttered, and hung up before I could think too much.

XxX

I didnt know how early it was when I woke up. Only that it was dark, something was blocking out the moon.

I sat up and gasped when I saw Jacob, panting in front of me before I threw myself out of bed at him. I was wide awake in an instant, worried he might get caught.

"What are you doing here?" I gasped. He said nothing, but shrugged. All the things Paul had said came rushing back to my mind all of a sudden.

"Have a nice time with Bella?" I asked. I didnt mean to sound jealous, but I did and he smiled.

"Not really," he said, and moved a little closer to me so I was walking backwards. He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and whispered very close to it "She's not you,"

"How did you know about that anyways...Jason?" he started but I shook my head and stared at my feet as I backed away further. "Paul," I explained.

"Ah," he said and he seemed upset about that before something registered on his face. He gave me an intense look. "You know...he told me something interesting. Im not sure if its true or not." he said slowly.

"What?" I asked, afraid of all the things Paul could've told Jacob.

Jacob didnt answer, but ran a hand through his hair and shook his head. I think he was blushing a little under his dark brown skin.

He smiled shyly at me. "I missed you," he whispered, avoiding the subject, and touching my cheek softly. "I guess you just couldn't stay away," I said weakly.

He lit up. "Guess not...you have to admit that this would be hard to do over the phone," and he laid a hand on my waist, looking down at my body. I gulped and the back of my knees hit the matress.

Flushing, realizing I was only in a t-shirt that came above my belly button and short shorts. He licked his lips and smirked, staring at my lips hungrily, before checking my reaction.


Just do it already, please! I begged. I needed this boy. But I was terrified of how things might play out if I made the first move.

Jacob's hand moved from my hip and cupped the nape of my neck. He seemed to hesitate just a few moments and anticipation curled in my stomach.

He slowly leaned in and our lips connected. My brain went fuzzy and my knees went weak so I thought I might melt. I threw my arms around his neck to keep from collapsing onto the ground.

Our lips moved soflty together, our tongues tangling as he grabbed me by my ass and lifted me up while I wrapped my legs around his waist.

We tumbled back on the bed, kissing for who knew or who cared how long before breaking apart. I hated that I had to breathe. I could've kissed this boy forever.

"I love you Troy," Jacob whispered, nuzzling my throat. It was better than any fantasy. I sighed softly, running my hands over his shoulders and his back. He was so warm.

"I love you too Jacob," I whispered before falling asleep in his arms.


Jacob's POV

I was woken up by someone planting sweet lingering kisses all over my face and neck. I groaned as I relaxed, a tiny figure hovering over me on the bed. I was so happy that she was with me right now.

A quiet melodious giggle reached my ears. It was so lovely. I knew that I had caused it by moaning for her.

"Stop," I barely whispered, but in all honesty I never wanted her to.I could've enjoyed this pleasurable torture forever. I'd gladly have begged for more and I was positive that she knew that because she didnt show any sign of stopping.

Troy began nibbling along my neck, finding my spot in no time. I groaned and she lapped at the broken skin with her tongue.

"I love you Jacob," she whispered, smiling shyly at me, a complete contradiction to how she was straddling my waist fearlessly.

"Mmm...I love you too Troy," I whispered opening my eyes to her nose brushing mine.

"Why Jake?" she whispered, her voice hurt. I was confused by the question and she got off of me before backing to the edge of my room, looking like a deer in headlights.

"Why what, Troy what's wrong?" I asked, jumping up off the bed and rushing to her side.

"I thought I was nothing to you. That you were using me to get to Bella," she said in a tiny voice. She seemed to be getting farther away and I stretched out to reach her.

"Troy, Im sorry I didnt mean it." I begged, but she just shook her head as she got farther and farther away. There was a flash of metal strips swarming around her, ripping from the walls, covering her, before she disapeared completely.


I woke up, still calling out for her.

"TROY!" I gasped, sitting up and throwing my sheets off of me and wildly searching for her before I realized that I had dreamt everything up. Oddly enough, knowing this didnt make it any less real.

"Troy...Im sorry...I didnt mean it," I whimpered, falling back onto my bed when it was aparent that she was so much father away then before.

"I'm sorry," I whispered again and again, burying my face in my pillow and praying for sunrise.