Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 7

Troy’s POV

Jake stayed for dinner, only leaving to go and pick up Billy and bring him over too. Edward and Bella came and it was a bit awkward watching them glare at each other when the other wasn’t looking.

My dad had me change while Jacob was gone, scolding me about wearing so little around guys, and lecturing me about the minds of a teenage boy, but I already knew the drill, and Jake was behaving.

I knew my dad was glad that it was Jacob he caught me with; if it were Hector he probably would’ve grounded me or something parental like that.

Jacob’s own dad seemed to be watching my every move and I ignored it while yelling arguing with Edward in Spanish and ignoring everyone else. Bella talked to Jacob, but he was looking at me from the corner of his eye, grinning when my gaze met his and glaring again when Edward’s did. I wondered what he’d think if he knew Hector, and that Edward and he get along.

Would he and my complications-bestie boyfriend get along?

Don’t ask me why I call him that, it’s something Danni came up with. Not her best nickname since I knew what she was capable of. She was the only one who really saw my relationship to be as confusing as I did.

The little timer on the stove went off and Bella left Jake to go take the steak out while I followed her. We ate in the living room while Edward refused to eat. I muttered “leech” under my breath and Jacob grinned at me brightly.

He started talking to me again, before I burst out laughing.

A preview for that terrible movie Bella, Danni, Jason and I saw was playing, and I couldn’t help it though. Edward gave me an odd look. “That bad huh?” he asked, but in Spanish.

I nodded, responding in Spanish, “Yep, the vampire got the werewolf pregnant and they all die at the end. Except the baby...I think.”

Bella threw a pillow at me which I ducked. “Speak English,” she whined, and I shook my head, “No, I was just telling him about the movie,” I said rolling my eyes. Jake looked between the two of us and Edward nodded.

Billy and Charlie went back to talking. I swear the two of them gossip like elderly ladies, but I guess that’s what being in a small town does to you.

“I heard it was supposed to be scary,” Jacob told me, probably confused as to why I was laughing.

I nodded to him though, because it actually had been scary. The effects were cool and there was a lot of fighting, and blood, lots and lots of blood. I was still kinda hung over on the whole sub plot though.

“It was terrifying,” I said smirking. Bella threw another pillow at me, this time it hit me, which was saying something cause’ she has terrible aim.

“You laughed the whole time!” she said and I glared at her playfully. “And? It was still scary.”

We started bickering as sisters do and Edward and Jacob didn’t even try to understand. It was almost nine now and the Blacks were about to leave. Edward already had, but he’d sneak in later to see Bella I was sure.

The phone rang and Bella answered it, talking quietly before laughing and causing everyone to look up at her like I was.

She had the phone cradled against her chest now and looked right at me, “Troy, there’s an angry boyfriend on the phone asking for you,” she called; I rolled my eyes but got up to get the phone.

Jacob’s POV

Troy walked into the kitchen, so I couldn't watch her but I continued to listen to her conversation while my dad was waiting for the last few seconds of the football game they were watching to run out.

“No Hector, I didn’t burn them…” Troy was saying in a voice that made me think she was hiding her laughter.

On the other side there was a muffled, “Don’t lie to me chica, your scent was all over my room as soon as I got back and my mom wasn’t mad, so she was in on it. You do realize I’m gonna have to get all new shirts right?”

I could practically feel Troy rolling her eyes at her boyfriend, but what was he talking about scents?

Was he what she meant when she said her friends were wolves? He must’ve been considered one of her friends then.

It was the only real explanation since there was no way Troy was dating a vampire too.
“Aw, I’m sorry,” she cooed, “I got dared,” she finished and I heard muttering while the game finished.

“You forgive me?” she asked, and I could hear the pout just as well as he could because he sighed and muttered, “Yeah, I forgive you,” in a sour voice and she giggled.

“Jake did you hear about the school transfers?” Bella asked making me jump, I shook my head weakly and she explained how the funding had been cut.

Honestly, I already knew. We got a letter in the mail about two months ago, but I was dazed at the moment from listening to Troy, and it was easier to think about the fact that she and I would be in the same school together than the fact that she apparently burned up her boyfriend’s clothes, and that he didn’t mind.

Of course Troy had that effect on people, she probably could’ve killed someone and all she’d have to do was smile and bat her thick pretty little eyelashes and she’d get out of it.

My dad snapped me out of my reverie and said we were leaving. I stood up, Troy walking out and seeing us departing. Her face fell and I felt a confidence boost from before when I was listening to her.

I smiled at her, while wheeling my dad out and her face brightened again.

“Bye Jake,” she said smiling, I grinned at her, “Bye Troy,” and I nodded to her dad and her sister who came up and hugged me. I made it brief, wishing Troy was in my arms before wheeling my dad outside.

We still hadn’t gotten the chance to talk about what happened when she got her bloodsucker, but I doubt it mattered now.

Troy’s POV

Immediately, after Jacob left, I felt a pain in my heart. As weird as it sounds, I missed him, already. It was the strangest thing. Even Hector didn’t affect me like this.

I frowned to myself, while my dad was still on a happy high from the visit before I noticed Jacob’s jacket was still slung over the side of the chair. Smiling to myself, I realized I was actually really glad I had an excuse to see him again.

Jake was more fun than I had expected.

XxX

In two weeks the La Push high students would be transferring, and the campus was starting to catch on. Some were excited, mostly the ones who were looking for new eye candy and kids who wanted some more political power in the high school. Most though, were pissed. They wanted nothing to do with this new Rez kids and were pretty much against the whole thing.

Bella and I were a bit more worried about a whole vampire and werewolf uprising, but that’s just us. I’d never met Jacob’s pack and Alice and Edward seemed behaved with my own wolves, but I couldn’t be sure. There was always a risk.

Antoine had recently started ‘preaching’ as me and Mark called it. He was constantly muttering about the kids at school being racist and whatnot, as if having a bunch of Indians coming to school suddenly reminded him he’s black.

It was riding my last nerve, but I let the boy have his fun, after all, everyone else seemed to get a kick out of it. Oh, and that was another thing.

Turns out I have a new enemy.

I don’t know exactly what I did to make Piper Lane hate me, but she does. I think it was because she caught her boyfriend hitting on me, but it wasn’t like I was acknowledging him; he was just there.

The chick is in my gym class and has made it her own personal mission to piss me off at every opportunity. Not that it’s hard to do.

I mean, at first I couldn’t care, because she solely went after me, and that was something I had learned to get used to a long time ago...but that's something I swore I'd never think about.

Anyways, lately it’s gotten out of hand. She’s gone to the point of insulting Natalia and Chelsea too, just cause’ they hang out with me, and she insults Bella for being related to me.

Poor girl wasn’t making it any easier on herself by being so clumsy during the one of the only periods she has with me. Edward and I try to help her, but Piper will use that to make fun of her too.

One of these days she’s going to push me a little too far.

XxX

Tuesday after school, I drove Bella’s crappy truck down to Jake’s place. I had to drive slow, because this thing was ancient, and it was raining dangerously.

I was sure he heard me through the rain though, because as soon as I pulled up, he was outside, shirtless, but with a giant black umbrella over him. Grinning, he pulled open the protesting door of the truck and beamed at me.

“Troy!” he cheered before yanking me into a bear hug that really shouldn’t have been unexpected. I laughed though surprisingly, rising several feet off the ground before he set me down gently. I will never know why he’s always so happy to see me.

“Hey Jake,” I smiled, following him to the house, he opened the door for me and I ducked inside while he shut the umbrella and shook his hair out like a dog. His dad was nowhere in sight and I shrugged out of his jacket I’d been wearing.

“Brought your jacket back,” I said cheerfully, causing him to laugh, “oh yeah, I was wondering where that went,” he said chuckling in the cutest way.

Oh gosh did I really just think that he was cute?

Bad Troy, bad; you have a boyfriend. A werewolf boyfriend at that. A werewolf boyfriend with a temper, and possession issues. A werewolf boyfriend who’s starting to seem more and more like a best friend the more time you spend with this shirtless guy who makes you feel all fluttery.

You’re going to get hurt. You shouldn’t feel this much for him, and you most certainly should not have your eyes drifting to his abs right now!


I cringed, knowing my internal voice was right. What the hell was I thinking? I couldn’t let him get the wrong idea or this could be very bad.

Jake poked my nose, and I realized I had been zoning out for almost a minute. He hadn’t noticed though, nor had he seen my eyes that had, as my ‘voice’ pointed out, been wandering towards his bare chest.

“You should’ve kept it, I don’t need it. Plus, it looked adorable on you.” he said, his grin stretching across his face.

Realizing he was teasing me, I smacked his hand away and glared at him playfully.

“Tempting, but the thing practically ate me alive, and I think if you leave it at my house again I will.”

Jacob laughed, taking it and putting it in the tiny closet by the door.

He came back out and fell into the couch, before patting the small spot available next to him. I took it, trying to ignore the voice in my head telling me to keep my head in the game and keep my distance. I was just sitting next to him after all; it wasn’t like I was sleeping in his bed.

Oh, okay, eliminating those thoughts right now.

Jake boredly turned TV on and we hung out just like before, me forgetting the voice and Hector all together and only leaving when my dad called and ordered me home.

I didn’t want to leave, as usual, and instead of Bella, I was immensely happy that this time it was me Jacob was hugging goodbye.

You have no idea how hard it was to let him go, and I didn’t either before I had to actually do it, but we both seemed to just want to stay in that position. I finally let him go after a brief awkward moment.

He was blushing; red tinting his dark skin and making me smile like an idiot and laugh good-naturedly before saying my goodbyes and leaving.

Missing him more and more each second, this transfer couldn’t be such a bad thing after all.